Website Discussion

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Crytek Staff Member Crytek Staff MemberMember since: 09.01.2008, 01:11Posts: 11173Location: Crytek HQ Likes: 822

Post Topic: Latest topic title
PostPosted 01.12.2011, 18:56 
Hi all,

We've discovered the cause of the forum index taking a while to load and it was to do with the latest topic title mod we have installed on the site. You've probably noticed the forum index looks a little different with it missing.

We think this mod adds good value to the user experience but perhaps not at the cost of the issues in speed that it's causing. The web team are going to go through this mod in more detail and discover why it's causing lag and hopefully we'll be able to fix it; if not, we'll look into implementing our own mod which displays topic titles.

So please bear with us while this function is temporarily removed and enjoy the speed! :))

No dev/modding PM's please, use the forums! :)
Achievement Unlocked: Wear the Winter avatar all year.

User avatar   24/7 Modder 24/7 ModderMember since: 16.06.2008, 22:11Posts: 4307Location: Oulu, Finland Likes: 7

Post Topic: Re: Latest topic title
PostPosted 01.12.2011, 21:31 
Hmmm... i didn't notice any change but the speed of course  :rolleyes:
I'm mostly using new and unread posts links.

Forum index is ok now, stop fixing it any more  :P

Zip-line release 2012-04-24 (for CE2 & CE3) · C1 mod project: A mod called Entry
Assets · Blender: Destroyable object tutorial for CryBlend

- currently lost in New Eden -
User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 22.08.2011, 11:01Posts: 64Location: Düsseldorf Likes: 1

Post Topic: Re: Latest topic title
PostPosted 02.12.2011, 19:35 
Nicely fast now, the forum. I like it :)

Producer / Game Designer @ Invision Games
Artist @ Ubisoft Blue Byte