Off Topic Discussion

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Trainee TraineeMember since: 19.05.2007, 11:07Posts: 156Location: Buried 1.5m under ground Likes: 0

Post Topic: Unlock DX10 on windows XP
PostPosted 04.11.2007, 22:55 
I dont know if you guys already know this but i found some tweeked cgf files that enables directx 10 effects for crysis on windows xp.

Here are the links to tweeked files:

From Rapidshare: http://rapidshare.com/files/65472180/Crysis_Pack_High_to_VeryHigh__NoFrag_.zip.html
From Megaupload: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PPVQWWZ3

I tested both files and there is no virus or keylogger or any of this ???? detected.

Enjoy

Trainee TraineeMember since: 01.11.2007, 12:12Posts: 116Location: The UK Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 04.11.2007, 23:10 
The key thing to note here is that it's not DX10. It's some of the features of DX10 that DX9 has the ability to do.

Not the entirety of DX10.

Spreading the Companion Cube love!
  Trainee TraineeMember since: 10.01.2006, 22:49Posts: 167Location: Edmonton(Wetaskiwin),Canada Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 04.11.2007, 23:44 
Better than Crash-a-lot vista

Avatar unavailable due to it not getting uploaded!
  Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 30.10.2007, 00:30Posts: 1410Location: Blaricum @ The Netherlands Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 04.11.2007, 23:58 
Quote:
Originally posted by olileauk
The key thing to note here is that it's not DX10. It's some of the features of DX10 that DX9 has the ability to do.

Not the entirety of DX10.

Exactly, you can't run DX10 on xp and/or on a DX9 card.
So it just unlocks the vista features ont the DX10 features

[url=r0flz.com/stat.php]Image[/url]
[url=r0flz.com/gen]Image[/url]
[url=r0flz.com]Image[/url]
  Trainee TraineeMember since: 01.11.2007, 12:12Posts: 116Location: The UK Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 05.11.2007, 00:41 
Quote:
Originally posted by Torque86

i disagree. I've run Vista for over a year and a half (yes, that's right) and never once have i had a problem. ever.

Most people have also gotten off the "Vista suxx" bandwagon having used it for a week, realising the media is in fact wrong.

Hardcore Modder Hardcore ModderMember since: 27.10.2007, 03:22Posts: 886Location: Ontario, Canada Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 05.11.2007, 00:49 
Quote:
Quote:

i disagree. I've run Vista for over a year and a half (yes, that's right) and never once have i had a problem. ever.

Most people have also gotten off the "Vista suxx" bandwagon having used it for a week, realising the media is in fact wrong.

RTM came out in December... so you're saying you ran the beta and RC's fine without a problem?! LOL maybe if you didn't try to do anything at all....And, I used to use vista as my main os for a long time, then booted into xp cause something wouldn't work properly on vista, and never went back. But...I wont continue on the xp/vista debate cause im happy in xp, and some people are happy in vista...i just know from my experience vista is **** and is not the next OS for me.

Gigabyte 790FXTA-UD5 - AMD Phenom II 965 - 8GB DDR3 - BFG GTX295
  Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 30.10.2007, 00:30Posts: 1410Location: Blaricum @ The Netherlands Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 05.11.2007, 00:54 
I was a vista hater too but its actually pretty good.
They fixed a lot lately and all my programs (lot of them are old ones) run perfectly fine.
You just need to know how to tweak things and stuff, and if you know how then vista is a perfect os.

User avatar   Trainee TraineeMember since: 04.11.2007, 17:55Posts: 115Location: Glasgow, Scotland Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 05.11.2007, 01:41 
i use vista 64bit.

and untill i changed to this from XP i never knew just how good my games could be...

STALKER looks twice as good as it ever did in XP and so far ive come across a couple of issues, but they have been overcome... well except, i cant get Hitman Blood Money to run, but seriously its not a huge deal, ill just play STALKER, Bioshock, Company Of Heroes or the Crysis demo :).
i remember refusing to install XP as it was "**** with games" and "highly unstable" and now the same is being said of Vista, its a new OS and is gonna have probs untill at least the first service pack comes out but XP was worse and was only fixed and made good by SP2....

oh and it looks good too.... :))

"He Aint Heavy, He's My Brother........And The Very Expensive NanoSuit Helps Too"

Post Topic:
PostPosted 05.11.2007, 02:06 
Quote:
Originally posted by NBtX
Quote:
Quote:

RTM came out in December... so you're saying you ran the beta and RC's fine without a problem?! LOL maybe if you didn't try to do anything at all....And, I used to use vista as my main os for a long time, then booted into xp cause something wouldn't work properly on vista, and never went back. But...I wont continue on the xp/vista debate cause im happy in xp, and some people are happy in vista...i just know from my experience vista is **** and is not the next OS for me.

yes. All i ever had problems with, ever, were drivers for my wireless card from pre-beta 2 to beta 2 mid build, when it was fixed. If you try and blame Microsoft for this, you are sorely mistaken.

I dual booted Vista and XP for a long time, but as soon as I could use the 'net on Vista, i got rid of XP and have never looked back. :)

You're right, of course. It's all down to personal opinion. but basing your opinion on something you thought even 6 months ago is a very silly idea indeed. The problem was, manufacturers were being slack. now Vista has been out nearly 3/4s of a year, initial teething problems have gone away. I mean, i never had any issues in the first place, maybe through blind luck, but a lot of people I know have used Vista and begrudgingly admitted that they were in fact wrong and the media/their first impressions all those months ago are now totally baseless and they would be wrong if they continued to think that way.

Post Topic:
PostPosted 05.11.2007, 07:44 
Quote:
Originally posted by Vinci
i use vista 64bit.

and untill i changed to this from XP i never knew just how good my games could be...

STALKER looks twice as good as it ever did in XP and so far ive come across a couple of issues, but they have been overcome... well except, i cant get Hitman Blood Money to run, but seriously its not a huge deal, ill just play STALKER, Bioshock, Company Of Heroes or the Crysis demo :).
i remember refusing to install XP as it was "**** with games" and "highly unstable" and now the same is being said of Vista, its a new OS and is gonna have probs untill at least the first service pack comes out but XP was worse and was only fixed and made good by SP2....

oh and it looks good too.... :))

64bit doesn't really help me on a single core i think :P

User avatar   Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 29.10.2007, 21:52Posts: 529 Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 05.11.2007, 16:21 
um, why not install both os?

Since everyone only posts their future rig here, mine is:
3x 200b,16gb ddr5, 5TB HD,c2x@5.0,liquid nitrogen cooler,44'' LCD monitor,15 air coolers,unique-made titanium tower,acoustic dampening system
User avatar   Trainee TraineeMember since: 04.11.2007, 17:55Posts: 115Location: Glasgow, Scotland Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 05.11.2007, 18:59 
Touche!...

but!!

a single core aint gonna help for Crysis and thats what were all here for so when you upgrade ebentually its gonna be good for Crysis and Vista. :))

"He Aint Heavy, He's My Brother........And The Very Expensive NanoSuit Helps Too"
  Hardcore Modder Hardcore ModderMember since: 27.10.2007, 03:22Posts: 886Location: Ontario, Canada Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 05.11.2007, 19:08 
I used to, but the new bcd boot loader causes way too many problems on a XP/linux/vista boot....so i'll just stick with XP ;)

Gigabyte 790FXTA-UD5 - AMD Phenom II 965 - 8GB DDR3 - BFG GTX295
User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 03.04.2007, 05:37Posts: 39Location: Canada Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 05.11.2007, 19:40 
The difference bettween playing Crysis on single core VS dual core is not even funny.I've played it on both Single core and dual core. on single core crysis uses just about all the CPU's Resources.90%+....now On my x2 it I've noticed it uses 35% when theres a ton of action.and thats with fraps running and all the settings Cranked to max.and I've seen it as low a 8% just walking around in the demo .Ram and a powerful gpu is the determining factor in running Crysis well.as it always uses a ton of RAM regardless of whats going on..... as in regards of vista .I have to agree with olileauk,the media is wrong. I have no idea how bad it was in the beta stages but right Now RTM is running great. as I've stated in another thread here ,it far out performs what i experienced with xp and plays my games far better then xp has ever done. (And DX10 is awesome and is only going to get better as it develops)and then there is the fact of how long XP took to reach it's performace now compared to the leaps and bounds visa is coming along. when the SP1 comes out for vista your going to hear a lot of people Changing their opinions .But as always ,Dual boot FTW.Best of both worlds. Now if we could just get some better emotes on this site....lol

CPU:AMD X2 4200+ OC'ed to 2.8 Ghz Zalman CNPS9500,
GPU: XFX 8800 GT XT 512 MB Alpha Dog Edition.
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-MA69GM-S2H.
Ram: Mushkin HP DDR2-800 4GB.
PSU:Corsair VX550

Last edited by Goku1983d on 05.11.2007, 19:44, edited 1 time in total.