Off Topic Discussion

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Forum lockedPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 01.07.2011, 21:28Posts: 436 Likes: 0

Post Topic: Re: Crytek to announce 'spectacular' console/PC project in A
PostPosted 11.04.2012, 19:06 
Quote by Lavizh:
So? They made several other changes making it necessary to go from 1.2 -> 1.9 instead.

Changes that should have been caught in QA, and most of it was adding support for the 2 map and weapon packs.

Quote:
I can understand the press START part, but DX11 and HD textures should be a good thing right?

Not when you have to wait 6 months to get it.

Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 01.05.2010, 16:17Posts: 585 Likes: 67

PostPosted 11.04.2012, 19:08 
confirmed by Mr. Yerli :
Quote:
It seams, the best kept secret in #shooters just can't be contained :) Stay tuned for more information on April 16.

https://twitter.com/#!/RealtimeCevat

I hope they listen to the fans this time.
= more open environments... al a crysis 1
User avatar   News Posters News PostersMember since: 04.12.2007, 03:23Posts: 11293Location: Hamar, Norway Likes: 635

PostPosted 11.04.2012, 19:15 
So on monday it's "official" and hopefully we'll get more juicy details. Having a bow in game looks super sweet btw.

User avatar   24/7 Modder 24/7 ModderMember since: 28.10.2007, 04:36Posts: 3069Location: The Internet Likes: 75

PostPosted 11.04.2012, 19:17 
Quote by Lavizh:
Quote:
The naming structure of the C2 patches made no sense. Day 1 was 1.1, later 1.2, then 1.9. There were 2, maybe 3 patches.
So? They made several other changes making it necessary to go from 1.2 -> 1.9 instead.

As another said, a lot of the changes were really, really weak.
"Added advanced options"
"Added / unlocked console commands"
"Says press SPACE instead of START"
Stuff like that should have never actually BEEN a problem.

Quote by Lavizh:
Quote:
In any event, seems cool. I HOPE that it will be a proper-PC release (i.e. I will be massively disappointed if it says "Press START"), with DX11, HD textures and so on.
I can understand the press START part, but DX11 and HD textures should be a good thing right?

Yea, thats what I mean. IT SHOULD have DX11 and HD textures, and NOT say "press start".
  Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 17.06.2011, 10:49Posts: 1473Location: Germany Likes: 7

PostPosted 11.04.2012, 19:30 
Quote:
- Out in the spring of 2013

:O

Intel Core i5-2500K
ASRock P67 Pro3
8 GB DDR3-1333
GTX560 2GB
Win7 x64
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 18.10.2011, 02:04Posts: 1516Location: Tulsa, OK Likes: 20

PostPosted 11.04.2012, 19:44 
Quote by The Vulture:
Interesting indeed...

Holy Crap, thats a compound bow! Im in, take my money crytek ! Where do you guys think it will be set ? Everyone knows the 3 big skyline cities are Chicago, New York, and Hong Kong. But I can't see it being Hong Kong, so maybe it will be Chicago, if its New York again, i hope its open world.

btw, that building in the background looks like a crysis 2 asset. :whistle:

"The DAY AFTER" set in an open world Chicago and NY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... DOjN0mAfGQ
User avatar   Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 01.07.2011, 21:28Posts: 436 Likes: 0

PostPosted 11.04.2012, 19:55 
New York.....again.
User avatar   Has no life Has no lifeMember since: 02.02.2007, 07:25Posts: 5064 Likes: 210

PostPosted 11.04.2012, 20:06 
Crytek must use tessellation for most objects.
Smoothing polygon edge & adding detail.

I don't want to see f**king low polygon vegetations & buildings again.

My Crytek News Blog - http://bit.ly/aFSbnP
My Massive Crysis Maps Guide - http://bit.ly/f5ifhe
My CryEngine Screens - http://bit.ly/wIDNDJ
My Youtube - http://bit.ly/xIg1l1
My Twitter - http://bit.ly/yZtaoH0
User avatar   Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 28.07.2011, 12:22Posts: 549Location: Hong Kong, and sometimes mainland China Likes: 2

PostPosted 11.04.2012, 20:12 
Update: EA provided Game Informer with the following statement: "The best kept secret in shooters just can't be contained. Stay tuned for more information on April 16."

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/arch ... sis-3.aspx

User avatar   Skilled Modder Skilled ModderMember since: 23.03.2011, 05:21Posts: 796Location: Alberta / Canada Likes: 12

Post Topic: Crysis 3 - Official Thread
PostPosted 11.04.2012, 20:52 
Quote:
Crysis 3 has been announced--but only after a series of leaks forced publisher Electronic Arts to confirm the game's existence. "The best kept secret in shooters just can't be contained," the publisher confirmed.

Leaked boxart which appeared briefly on Origin showed off a Nanosuit-wearing soldier in yet another urban environment. This time, though, he's carrying a bow and arrow.

The leaked Origin entry (via DSO Gaming) also revealed the platforms. Predictably, it's Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC.

"Stay tuned for more information on April 16," an EA representative told The Verge. We'll have more information then.

source: http://www.shacknews.com/article/73272/ ... d-xbox-360

Swag.
User avatar   Skilled Modder Skilled ModderMember since: 17.08.2011, 16:25Posts: 746Location: Genova, Italy Likes: 3

PostPosted 11.04.2012, 20:57 
Quote by Psychoisalive:
qbert39, Nomad and Helena Rosental from crysis 1 are dead, they die in the Crysis comic number six, Psycho is alive.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, why did you spoil me such important informations about the comics, ARGH ? I'll never forgive you for this.. :'(

Quote:
In any event, seems cool. I HOPE that it will be a proper-PC release (i.e. I will be massively disappointed if it says "Press START"), with DX11, HD textures and so on.

Cmon, how can you say that ?
Does it bother you so much if there are some console aspects like the Start Button and two introduction cutscene at the beginning at the game ?
Let's face reality: game was born on consoles, if we can call them like that.
They were hardware/software configurations designed just to play games and the ''Press Start'' was one of the features of most games.
Pc games went another way some time later but.. they're all games after all, let's judge how fun is the game instead of all this stupid trollish things that matter nothing in a game.

It's just like eating a nice dish, would you prefer one at the restaurant that doesn't taste or one at home, eaten on the floor, cooked in 5 mins that taste great?

Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 11.06.2010, 05:05Posts: 255 Likes: 2

Post Topic: Re: Crysis 3 confirmed.. wow
PostPosted 11.04.2012, 21:08 
you should run search before you post this has already been discussed :mad:
  Hardcore Modder Hardcore ModderMember since: 19.09.2009, 15:04Posts: 817Location: Bordeaux, France Likes: 9

PostPosted 11.04.2012, 21:13 
Quote by TheMagnumman357:
Quote by The Vulture:
Interesting indeed...

Holy Crap, thats a compound bow! Im in, take my money crytek ! Where do you guys think it will be set ? Everyone knows the 3 big skyline cities are Chicago, New York, and Hong Kong. But I can't see it being Hong Kong, so maybe it will be Chicago, if its New York again, i hope its open world.

btw, that building in the background looks like a crysis 2 asset. :whistle:

LOL, Alcatraz turing into Green arrow xD

"3 big skyline cities are Chicago, New York, and Hong Kong"
Shanghai. The view from the Bond is really amazing.
User avatar   Skilled Modder Skilled ModderMember since: 23.03.2011, 05:21Posts: 796Location: Alberta / Canada Likes: 12

Post Topic: Re: Crysis 3 confirmed.. wow
PostPosted 11.04.2012, 21:19 
Quote by qbert39:
you should run search before you post this has already been discussed :mad:

the only 2 threads that have posted news link both have people saying its being discussed, however there is no thread besides some "spectacular project"

Swag.
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 15.10.2009, 10:44Posts: 1601 Likes: 177

PostPosted 11.04.2012, 21:21 
Quote by DevilDante:
Let's face reality: game was born on consoles, if we can call them like that.

Crysis was born on PC.