View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 06.10.2008, 18:38Posts: 289Location: Berlin, Germany Likes: 2

Post Topic: Re: WRECKAGE - Standalone available
PostPosted 07.05.2012, 00:58 
Yeah, DX10 made us a lot of trouble (sound errors, graphical artifacts), so currently it's not implemented. Maybe we can fix it though.

Quote:
BTW Why these settings in autoexec?

Some leftovers. At one point Chris had a massive performance decrease and setting those CVars to zero fixed it somehow. So they are still there, but if your performance doesn't change when you enable them, you can do it of course.

Released !!! DOWNLOAD NOW !!!

User avatar   Has no life Has no lifeMember since: 02.02.2007, 07:25Posts: 5213Status: Online Likes: 253

PostPosted 07.05.2012, 01:06 
Are there some changes after wreckage release?

My Crytek News Blog - http://bit.ly/aFSbnP
My Massive Crysis Maps Guide - http://bit.ly/f5ifhe
My CryEngine Screens - http://bit.ly/wIDNDJ
My Youtube - http://bit.ly/xIg1l1
My Twitter - http://bit.ly/yZtaoH0
User avatar   Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 06.10.2008, 18:38Posts: 289Location: Berlin, Germany Likes: 2

PostPosted 07.05.2012, 03:01 
We fixed a couple of bugs and added Spanish subtitles.

Here is the complete changelog:

-Because of the reduced assets, the performance and memory consumption is a little bit better
-Added Spanish subtitles
-Added more sound effects to the house cutscene in map 1
-Team mates now stay at distance and don't block your fire
-Fixed one crash bug in map 1
-Chapter system works now in map 2
-Map 2 startup problem fixed
-Spawning of Koreans is not visible anymore
-Marines don't repeat their dialogs multiple times
-One music bug fixed

User avatar   Has no life Has no lifeMember since: 02.02.2007, 07:25Posts: 5213Status: Online Likes: 253

PostPosted 07.05.2012, 08:45 
nice :)

My Crytek News Blog - http://bit.ly/aFSbnP
My Massive Crysis Maps Guide - http://bit.ly/f5ifhe
My CryEngine Screens - http://bit.ly/wIDNDJ
My Youtube - http://bit.ly/xIg1l1
My Twitter - http://bit.ly/yZtaoH0
User avatar   24/7 Modder 24/7 ModderMember since: 16.06.2008, 22:11Posts: 4307Location: Oulu, Finland Likes: 7

PostPosted 07.05.2012, 09:10 
Ok, have to take a look  :))

First release indeed had few annoyances.

Zip-line release 2012-04-24 (for CE2 & CE3) · C1 mod project: A mod called Entry
Assets · Blender: Destroyable object tutorial for CryBlend

- currently lost in New Eden -
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 11.03.2009, 19:43Posts: 1762Location: in da hood Likes: 24

PostPosted 10.05.2012, 21:49 
I downloaded the standalone version...well I have to say that its even more bugged than Rainy Days was. I encountered 3 serious bugs in the first 5 mintues one of them was a crash, and after that I gave up theplay, Im gonna wait for a patch. It seems also that the shooting stuff is also highly overdone in this game, there are too many NPC-s around and just waaaaay too many enemies, so many that even the AI got stuck one time and they were about 5-6 against each other trying to run in different directions, but they just couldnt as they collided at one point.

"I gots to talk. I gotta tell what I feel."
User avatar   Hardcore Modder Hardcore ModderMember since: 05.03.2008, 10:39Posts: 803Location: Germany Likes: 0

PostPosted 10.05.2012, 22:36 
I don't know what it is: but you always have bugs we never had.
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 03.05.2012, 15:47Posts: 99 Likes: 0

PostPosted 10.05.2012, 22:57 
Quote by VinoBob:
I downloaded the standalone version...well I have to say that its even more bugged than Rainy Days was. I encountered 3 serious bugs in the first 5 mintues one of them was a crash, and after that I gave up theplay, Im gonna wait for a patch. It seems also that the shooting stuff is also highly overdone in this game, there are too many NPC-s around and just waaaaay too many enemies, so many that even the AI got stuck one time and they were about 5-6 against each other trying to run in different directions, but they just couldnt as they collided at one point.

Describe your computer and OS

PostPosted 10.05.2012, 22:58 
Seems like a hardware/OS problem. Wreckage is far more optimized then Rainys and has only 1 gamebreaking bug reported so far (that we already know from the mod, but it's apparently a CryEngine problem with the physics system and therefore unfixable).
Apart from that, it's working great for over 10000 players. You couldn't say that about Rainys.

So there is no patch for the standalone planned at this point, as it works fine for everyone. The one ugly bug only occurs in Act 3 and can be fixed with the chapter system, that's why we included it. It also fixes some of the minor bugs, like unlimited grenades, which is a bug with the save system.

I don't know why your configuration doesn't like our MOD, but we can't do anything about it, as there is no one with the same problem (crash right at the beginning etc.).

I just could take a wide guess and assume it has something to do with memory or VRAM consumption. Try 64 Bit. Upload the WreckageGame.log.

Other than that, you probably have to use another computer where it works.

User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 11.03.2009, 19:43Posts: 1762Location: in da hood Likes: 24

PostPosted 11.05.2012, 01:20 
Quote by Chrjs:
I don't know what it is: but you always have bugs we never had.

This is just because Im a bug magnet ;)

Quote by Hamers:
I just could take a wide guess and assume it has something to do with memory or VRAM consumption. Try 64 Bit. Upload the WreckageGame.log.

Actually I use Win7 64 bit. And yeah you guessed well, its probably a memory leak, I checked the log:

=============================================================================
*ERROR
=============================================================================
*** Memory allocation for 1461444 bytes failed ****
Windows 64 bit SP 1 (build 6.1.7601)
System language: Hungarian
Windows Directory: "C:\Windows"
Prerequisites...
* Installation of KB940105 hotfix required: no! (either not needed or already installed)
Local time is 21:26:15 05/10/12, system running for 130 minutes
4096MB physical memory installed, 1078MB available, 8388607MB virtual memory installed, 73 percent of memory in use
PageFile usage: 3587MB, Working Set: 2458MB, Peak PageFile usage: 3588MB,
Current display mode is 1680x1050x32, (Unknown graphics card)
IBM enhanced (101/102-key) keyboard and 5+ button mouse installed

The std. usage is around 1G, and I have not run any other SW parallel. There still was 27% left, but it seems that this was not enough.

But thats just the crash, I had another issue with the weapon, when I ran out of ammo and the scope was on I could not zoom, could not switch to the weapon accessories menu (IDK its name, that stuff that comes on when you press 'c') until I have picked up a new weapon. On the helicopter in the intro I also died several times, being shot from a direction that I could not identify. No Im not a noob, I really hunted everybody down who I saw, but the shots came from somewhere below, that I could not reach due to the limited maneuvering of the heligun. Ofc this is not a functional defect but a design issue, however it effects the gameplay badly.
Attachments:

WreckageGame.log
[45.71 KiB]
Downloaded 38 times

PostPosted 11.05.2012, 21:35 
Quote:
4096MB physical memory installed, 1622MB available, 8388607MB virtual memory installed, 60 percent of memory in use

That's really bad. What the hell are you doing, that 2,5GB of your RAM is in use when not even playing a game!? When you play in 64 bit, you need at least 2-3 GB RAM free. CryEngine doesn't really care about memory management in 64 bit, so it needs more. You should only run Wreckage, when at least 70% of your RAM is free. Close all other programs you are running.

Quote:
But thats just the crash, I had another issue with the weapon, when I ran out of ammo and the scope was on I could not zoom, could not switch to the weapon accessories menu (IDK its name, that stuff that comes on when you press 'c')

Weird. There is a know bug in the Crysis Wars inventory system, that occurs from time to time, the only thing that helps is to restart your PC completely.

Quote:
On the helicopter in the intro I also died several times, being shot from a direction that I could not identify

Strange. We always play on delta difficulty and in over 200 tests never had this problem. On Easy and Middle you can even leave your PC and don't die.

Trainee TraineeMember since: 23.02.2012, 02:47Posts: 101 Likes: 0

PostPosted 12.05.2012, 02:39 
I just went through the standalone version and the tactical attachment in the guns (FY71?) when player is playing as Lambert didn't have a cool down time (or whatever that is called) display. Or is it there and I just didn't find it?

PostPosted 12.05.2012, 02:46 
Nothing really, there were no other sw running but CE2. I usually even shut down the browser when I play a game. The memory usage of the OS in an idle state is normally around 1G (depending on the background processes), even now when I have a lot of pages open in the browser its only 1.9G pic. AFAIR I have not played on delta. Do you have 200 different test suits, or you mean you tested the same test set 200 times ? That inventory bug must be really weird, how is it possible that a simple application restart isnt enough to get rid of it ?

PostPosted 12.05.2012, 19:56 
Quote:
I just went through the standalone version and the tactical attachment in the guns (FY71?) when player is playing as Lambert didn't have a cool down time (or whatever that is called) display. Or is it there and I just didn't find it?

Good eye. The custom HUD just doesn't have this bar. It's there, but invisible :D

Quote:
Nothing really, there were no other sw running but CE2.

Really weird. CE2 says in the beginning of the log, that 60 percent of the memory is in use already, which is too much afaik. The calculation was always correct for me, but maybe it thinks on your PC that more memory is in use when it isn't? If so, really strange bug.

Quote:
Do you have 200 different test suits, or you mean you tested the same test set 200 times ?

We (Chris: Windows 7 64 Bit, I: Windows XP 32 Bit) tested it roughly about 200 times in the one year of development. Other team members (Jacko and Pat) and several Alpha and Beta testers didn't find one bug with that piece of the Mod either.

But, of course, you probably never find all the bugs with all the different play styles and configs out there.

Quote:
That inventory bug must be really weird, how is it possible that a simple application restart isnt enough to get rid of it ?

Most of the time, a game restart fixes it (use the chapter system). But sometimes, some memory blocks are probably not cleared well and still screw up things even on a restart, so only a complete restart of the PC helps.

We found out, that this problem is also present on other Crysis Wars Mods, which just focus on SP. Because Crytek optimized solely for MP, they probably broke something in the process.

PostPosted 12.05.2012, 20:48 
This must be a leak, just like it was with rainy days.
I have died several times and killed a lot of NPC-s so a working set of that size isnt a surprise if CE2 doesnt free the garbage in the memory as you claim. But that restart thing is really an uber bug, whats the chance that an appliaction gets the same address space after you restart it ? In this case letting memtest run may may be a faster cure, as it reserves all available memory within a few secs, and you can trust it that after you close it also frees everything properly.

As to your tests what really matters is test coverage. It doesnt really mean too much if you give the same input to a system a lot of times, but how many LOC and how many states of the SUT do you reach with your tests. See I have not played 200 times just one, still found a lot of issues.