View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 22.02.2009, 15:28Posts: 231Location: Brazil Likes: 4

Post Topic: BlackFire's Mod Ultimate for Crysis 1
PostPosted 01.03.2013, 08:35 

Looking for a good mod to remember the old times of Crysis 1? Want to replay the game that revolutionized the graphics technology in 2007, with the best look possible?

Prepare to reinstall Crysis 1. Because after you see what this mod has to offer, you will wish you had played Crysis 1 like this, in the first time you played it.

BlackFire's Mod is basically a Lighting Mod, wich means, it changes only the Time of Day (TOD) of each singleplayer map, which was carefully adjusted to obtain a thrilling visual.

Many of you already know BlackFire's Mod 2 for Crysis 2, if you thought that BFM2 was good, this mod will definitely surprise you, It's amazing what we can do with Cryengine 2 even with so many years passed since its release.

BlackFire's Mod Ultimate has two main goals:

■ Completely change the look of the game, changing the position of the sun and time of day to obtain a noon-like illumination.

■ Allow the user full customization of the look of the game.

That's right my friends, BlackFire's Mod Ultimate is not just "one more mod for Crysis", it's the more flexible mod you've ever played, it allows you to customize every aspect of the look of your game, you can customize your game the way that most please you, in real time, by simply pressing a key!

The mod is not intended to satisfy all tastes, of course , but it gives possibilities to users, who didn't like some aspects of the illumination, to change them.

This mod can even be considered a 5 in one TOD mod since it comes with 5 lighting presets, and more! There is the the possibility to create your own personal lighting , by turning on or off some effects.

No more too dark shadows, or unnecessary effects. Everything is optional with this mod.

With BlackFire's Mod Ultimate, the modder is you!

Note: The goal of this mod is not to achieve a realistic lighting, but an illumination that brings more life to the game, the colors and contrast are intentional , so if you were looking for a mod that would keep the original pattern of the game, this is not the right mod for you. However, if you have an open mind and don't care much for that, this mod may be all that you ever wanted.

One more thing. I would like to thank the modder CyberAlien for his amazing Extreme Immersive Mod Flowgraph, it served as inspiration for my flowgraphs and I used some of his features in my mod too.

BlackFire's Mod Ultimate - [Official Trailer]

Note: The bright sky in some screenshots are sunshafts, the sky is not that bright if you don't look to the sun. But if you still think it's too bright, try the Lite Version TOD included in this mod.

Wait untill all images are loaded or you'll miss a few :p

Customization!

It's the word that defines this mod. BlackFire's Mod Ultimate offers a set of Flowgraphs made ​​by me which allows you to change the visual aspects according to your taste. All this in real time, without having to leave the game!

You think the shadows are too dark in some places? No problem, the mod allows you to choose between three shadow settings.Think the game is too bright? Try the LITE TOD, this preset has a reduced HDR Brightening and super light shadows, so if you don't like the default contrast scheme, this TOD is perfect for you.

Pressing "H" at any moment of the game,is shown to the user the mod's keysbinds and their respective features.

Each option has at least 2 options and allow you to mount your own visual combination.

Check out some features of this mod:

( Warning) All the keybinds has been changed since the Update 1.3 .
Press "H" in game to see the new keybinds

So, this is the time that you get desperate, right? Looking at all these features you're probably thinking: "Wow, This mod should be super Heavy! I must have NASA PC to run it!" .Wrong,my friend... wrong

What if I told you that you can have all this resources and visual settings, with a minimum performance cost ?

I'll explain why this is possible: BlackFire's Mod Ultimate , it's just a TimeOfDay mod , it's just changes in the values of some variables, nothing more. No Shaders / Post Processing changes are done. Of course if you use this mod in combination with a Texture pack for example, your performance should be reduced, but this mod, on his standalone version, has almost zero performance impact, as you can see in the test below:

To prove this, I ran the Crysis Benchmark Tool, according to the settings of the image below:

As you can see, there was a very subtle decrease in frames per second, but nothing serious. Therefore, if your PC runs Crysis without mods, will run almost the same way with BlackFire's Mod Ultimate.

My System Specs:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.4Ghz (yeah I know, old... :whatever: )
VGA: EVGA Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 Ti 2 GB.
RAM: OCZ Platinum 4 GB DDR2

Before going for the installation, let me clarify some things that people keep asking me , read it at least once before posting questions:

1. Why all maps starts in daytime now?
A: The original purpose of the mod, was to achieve a more lively and sunny day look, but you can play all of them at night by pressing the Lighting Changer key enough times.

2. Does this mod works in Crysis Warhead?
A: No, this mod was made exclusively for each map of Crysis 1, so will not work in Crysis Warhead.

3. Will you do this Mod for Warhead?
A: Wish I could, but Crytek encrypted all files from Crysis Wahead I need to edit. There was a rumor years ago that a SDK would be released for Crysis Warhead.Until there, no Mods for Crysis Warhead :sad:

4. Where are my old saves?
A: When you install a mod, it creates it's own ndependent saves, because the game can not use the saves when the game had no mod installed. Your old saves are still there, you just have to Unload my mod in the main menu.

Warning: Feel free to install Texture Packs / Skins / Weapons with this mod. However be aware that any mod that changes the ilumination of the game, or uses any kind of flowgraph, will overwrite the main files of my mod and you can't play the game with it.
To make sure that a mod is compatible or not with my mod, see if the mod installs a "level.pak" file or a "mission_mission0.xml" file. If it does, it means that this mod is not compatible with mine.

Just for example, mods like Natural Mod , Quality Mod and Extreme Immersive Mod are not compatible with this mod.

If you want to install a Texture Pack for example, you can install directly in the game's root folder or you can even put the files inside the folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis\Mods\BFMU".

Note: If you're a Steam user and installed the Chicken Texture pack, please run BFMU.bat located in Crysis folder after you install the textures.

Now, lets proceed for the installation:

BlackFire's Mod Ultimate for Crysis 1 v1.3
http://www.moddb.com/downloads/start/51825 ( 12.88 MB)

Mirror:
http://nethosting.pagebr.com/teste/setup_blackfire_mod_ultimate.exe

Older versions:
v1.1:
http://depositfiles.org/files/kls9e5y8l
http://www.multiupload.nl/3Q120E80JP

v1.2:
http://www.4shared.com/file/96553EU1/setup_blackfire_mod_ultimate_v.html

(Necessary) Update your game to version 1.2:
                    http://www.crytekfiles.com/files/CrysisPatches/Crysis_Patch_1_2.exe

Important!

. Make sure you install the mod in the root folder of the game:

Standalone version: "C:\Program Files(x86)\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis" (Default)
Steam Users: "C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Crysis"
Origin Users: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Crysis".

Note: The game path can vary from user to user. So make sure you're installing in the right folder.

Note: It is highly recommended that you play with at least the Shader and PostProcessing options at VeryHigh, otherwise the game's look can be compromised.

If everything was installed correctly, you should see the name of the mod in the bottom of the main menu:

If not, look under "Mods" from the main menu, and if the mod is there, click on "Load", there is no mods listed, it means that you installed in the wrong folder!

Uninstall

Unload the Mod in the game menu. or
Uninstall through Control Panel / Programs and Features...or
Run the Uninstaller from the game's folder.

Check out the selection of the finest screenshots of BlackFire's Mod Ultimate:

I'm not using any Texture Pack in these screenshots, I used additional cameras in the Sandbox 2 to be able to see the player.

I would like to thank everyone who supported me in this and my other projects, motivating and encouraging me to finish and publish it.Feel free to publish this mod wherever you want.

Check out this mod on moddb, rate if you like it:

Last edited by BlackFireBR on 17.09.2013, 03:49, edited 29 times in total.

User avatar   Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 22.02.2009, 15:28Posts: 231Location: Brazil Likes: 4

Post Topic: Re: BlackFire's Mod Ultimate for Crysis 1
PostPosted 01.03.2013, 08:35 

Vote:
           ■ Green Lighting
           ■ Yellow Lighthing
           ■ Dramatic Lighting
           ■ Blue Lighting
           ■ Lite Version TOD

Fell free to post your own videos , screenshots.
Quote a screenshot that you like in the 1st post.
Tell us your favorite config.
Write what mod feature you like the most..

SOURCE FILES:

If you want to make your own changes in my mod or use some of its features in your personal project, feel free to use the following files, they are everything you need to make the exact same mod that I did:

BlackFire's Mod Ultimate v1.3 Flowgraph.xml
[61.67 KiB]
Downloaded 414 times

TIME OF DAY (TOD):
BFMU-tods.rar
[8.76 KiB]
Downloaded 314 times
Modified Times: 14.0(14:00) ; 14.4(14:24) ; 14.6667(14:40)

Xzero Shader Parallax Occlusion Mapping WITH Anisotropic Filtering Mod:
zz_GlobalAmbientLighting_pom_Af.pak
[6.55 KiB]
Downloaded 769 times

If you've never used the Sandbox Editor before or just want to know how to use this files, he's a quick tutorial:

First of all, if you have no idea of what a TimeOfDay file or a FlowGraph file does, let me put it in this way: if you're looking for a visual change, it's done by the TimeOfDay, but if you want to have the "Customize menu" and stuff like Dynamic DOF, etc, this is FlowGraph's job.Let's get started:

Importing Time of Days:
. Go to "Terrain/Time Of Day" and then "Import From File", select the .tod file.
. In Current Time, change the values to one of the following ones: 14:00 ; 14:24 ; 14:40.These are the times that I've carefully tweaked.
. If you want, change the values of the right panel of this window and you'll see the diferences.
. Once you're satisfied with the results, go to "View/Open View Pane/Flowgraph"
. Press "ctrl+F" and serch for "TimeOfDay", the results should be being shown in the "SearchResults" session.
. Double click one of the search results, zoom in the graph by rolling the middle mouse button, and double-click again the same search result to locate the corresponding node.
. Delete this node and do this for every node founded in the search.
. Once all the TimeOfDay nodes are deleted, right-click anywere inside the gray background in the flowgraph and go to "Add Node/Misc/Start" and "Add Node/Time/TimeOfDay".
. Connect the arrow form the "Start" node to the input "SetTime" of the "TimeOfDay" node.
. In the game Console, type e_time_of_day and press ENTER. Copy the value displayed (E.g: 14.6667) and paste it in the field "Time=" of the "TimeOfDay" node.

Importing Flowgraphs:
. First, you need to create an Object and link the Flowgraph with it. I usually use an AreaBox, so go to you RollupBar, click on "Area/AreaBox" and place it anywere in the game.
. With the Object selected, look for the field "Flow Graph" in the Roolupbar and click "Create".
. Press "OK" or name it, and then the FlowGraph editor should pop up.
. Go to "File/Import" and select the .xml file.
. That's it!The flowgraph should be working

Now you're good to go. If you want to test this changes in-game, go to "File/Save" and "File/Export to engine".

Last edited by BlackFireBR on 29.07.2013, 07:11, edited 9 times in total.
User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 25.02.2013, 06:07Posts: 32Location: Germany Likes: 0

PostPosted 01.03.2013, 10:54 
wow this is very pretty ^^ i used green lighting, darker water and dark shadows and it looks just amazing! thank you very much for creating this mod! but theres one thing: i HATE this camera/weapon movement when looking up or down is there any possibillity to turn this off?
greetings :)

Currently doing Crysis 1 Let's Play!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Abyssic1?feature=mhee

PostPosted 01.03.2013, 11:09 
Quote by Abyssic:
wow this is very pretty ^^ i used green lighting, darker water and dark shadows and it looks just amazing! thank you very much for creating this mod! but theres one thing: i HATE this camera/weapon movement when looking up or down is there any possibillity to turn this off?
greetings :)

Dammit, I forgot to disable that.
Although it's not a big deal, right? If more people bothers with this effect, I'll make a quick fix for that. Cuz I have to open all the levels and edit the flowgraph of all of them.You understand right?

Glad you like the mod :))
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 02.07.2011, 17:02Posts: 1306Location: HQ Likes: 79

PostPosted 01.03.2013, 12:14 
Im going to use the **** out of this mod! :D

Does it also modify the weapon files? or actor?

Sometimes the small stuff does matter

Quote by Lavizh:
This thread is so useless it doesn't even deserve the database space it requires.

/Closed for obvious reasons.
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 15.08.2011, 22:53Posts: 6 Likes: 0

PostPosted 01.03.2013, 16:44 
It's great! :)
But do you know why FRAPS don't work with it? ?(

Edit: And the DoF Change doesn't work.
Everthing else is just awesome. :cheesy:

Another question:
Do i have to put texture mods (like Rygel) in the game folder of the Blackfire mod or in the main game folder of Crysis? ?(

Last edited by Mazooka on 01.03.2013, 17:26, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar   Trainee TraineeMember since: 10.08.2011, 19:10Posts: 150Location: Somerset (England) Likes: 1

PostPosted 01.03.2013, 16:45 
Holy macaroni. This. Is. EPIC!

I'm gonna get this soon!

Part of the Star Wars: BattleCry team!
http://www.moddb.com/games/star-wars-battlecry

My rig:
i7 960 @ 3.2ghz, Asus Ares gpu @ stock, 6gb XMS3 DDR3 ram @ 1600mhz, Antec 1200 case, Samsung 840 256gb SSD, Asus P6X58D-E mobo
User avatar   Trainee TraineeMember since: 22.01.2008, 17:44Posts: 145Location: Germany Likes: 0

PostPosted 01.03.2013, 17:20 
Cool ! Would test it :) !!

Last edited by QuadReaktor on 06.03.2013, 10:03, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted 01.03.2013, 19:22 
Quote by CryStalker:
Im going to use the **** out of this mod! :D

Does it also modify the weapon files? or actor?

No, it's just a TOD mod, everything else is untouched.

Quote by Mazooka:
It's great! :)
But do you know why FRAPS don't work with it? ?(

Edit: And the DoF Change doesn't work.
Everthing else is just awesome. :cheesy:

Another question:
Do i have to put texture mods (like Rygel) in the game folder of the Blackfire mod or in the main game folder of Crysis? ?(

Try uptade to the last version o f fraps, I had thie same problem too and I solved doing that.
The DOF change doesn't work in all levels? And it stuck on witch setting?Dynamic, fixed or disabled?

Thank you for your feedback.

Last edited by BlackFireBR on 01.03.2013, 23:10, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 04.05.2011, 17:12Posts: 1213Location: Belgrade Likes: 6

PostPosted 01.03.2013, 19:24 
Nice. I will try it. ;)

Beginner BeginnerMember since: 15.08.2011, 22:53Posts: 6 Likes: 0

PostPosted 01.03.2013, 19:52 
Quote by BlackFireBR:
Try uptade to the last version o f fraps, I had thie same problem too and I solved doing that.
The DOF change doesn't work in all levels? And it stuck on witch setting?Dynamic, fixed or disabled?

Thank your for your feedback.

Thanks for the tip. :)
I started a new game and wanted to change the DOF in the first level.
When i pressed Y, nothing happend.
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 01.03.2013, 21:44Posts: 1 Likes: 0

PostPosted 01.03.2013, 21:48 
Awesome mod Thanks. How would i go about makeing this work with eather Crysis REALoaded, or the separate texture packs and stuff?
User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 01.03.2013, 22:15Posts: 1 Likes: 0

PostPosted 01.03.2013, 22:20 
This is a amazing mod for crysis thank you :). love the DoF but i also noticed a bug: when the HUD is off you cant switch to your suit modules while prssing MOUSE 3.

PostPosted 01.03.2013, 22:53 
Quote by Cryozenn:
This is a amazing mod for crysis thank you :). love the DoF but i also noticed a bug: when the HUD is off you cant switch to your suit modules while prssing MOUSE 3.
Yeah I know, but unfortunately there's nothing I can do about it.

You can use the suit shortcuts instead:
■ 2x Space - Maximum Strength
■ 2x Shift - Maximum Speed
■ 2x Ctrl - Cloak
■ 2x S - Maximum armor

When you disable the hud, it disables everything on the screen, even the sniper crosshairs.But hey, just press "U" already :happy:

-------------------------------------------

For those who are asking how to proceed to install texture packs, It doesn't really matter where you install it, but just to clarify I put a note in the Installation session:

If you want to install a Texture Pack for example, you can install directly in the game's root folder or .you can even put the files inside the folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis\Mods\BFMU"
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 26.06.2012, 23:12Posts: 4 Likes: 0

PostPosted 02.03.2013, 04:23 
Great mod, it makes Crysis look amazing. I have a question though. I have had no problem downloading other mods, but for some reason, when i download the zero water shader, it crashes my game. Idk cuz i put it in the right folder, and its the only mod that crashes my game. Does anyone know how to fix this, thanks.

Specs:
i5-3570k
GTX 680
8gb 1600