View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Crytek Staff Member Crytek Staff MemberMember since: 22.12.2007, 18:13Posts: 138Location: Switzerland Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 29.12.2007, 22:28 
Quote:
Originally posted by Dark shadow
And why dont you post your custom tod? :rolleyes:

Maybe you should look at the first page...

edit: TODs for version 1.1 will be available when the final mod v1.1 is released. But if you really want it, send me a PM or just extract the TOD from the mission_mission0.xml in the level.pak.

Last edited by pydon on 29.12.2007, 22:43, edited 1 time in total.

Beginner BeginnerMember since: 04.12.2007, 23:24Posts: 5Location: Germany Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 29.12.2007, 22:41 
I think he mean the tod settings from v. 1.1.

Your shadow effects and the sun rafts are very nice but the sky looks to foggy.

Last edited by Ramm on 29.12.2007, 22:46, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar   Crytek Staff Member Crytek Staff MemberMember since: 22.12.2007, 18:13Posts: 138Location: Switzerland Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 29.12.2007, 23:54 
Is this better?

Before:

After:

Vanilla:

In fact, the sun color intensity was too bright, thanks for your comment (If you meant that ;))

Last edited by pydon on 30.12.2007, 00:04, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar   24/7 Modder 24/7 ModderMember since: 22.11.2007, 17:08Posts: 4907Location: Switzerland Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 30.12.2007, 00:24 
Look these two photos:
Image Image

I think that the most important things to do are:
1. reduce a bit the fog, more fog is ok, but its a bit exaggerated
2. in the second photo all the colors tend to the grey, you should increase the saturation...

-> SQUAD COMMANDER - a complete squad at your commands - go wherever you want / do whatever you want
----------
-> MAXIMUM CHALLENGE - a complete SP modification - the real hard campaign / more enemies / more action
----------
-> TANA's: Tactical Alien Nanosuit Attachments - Alien nanosuit attachments to expand and increase your abilities
----------
-> AGILITY FLOWGRAPH - Do amazing wall runs and jumps, grab edges and climb and jump everywhere. Have fun!

Last edited by Dark shadow on 30.12.2007, 00:25, edited 1 time in total.

Post Topic:
PostPosted 30.12.2007, 00:31 
I don't think you took the right set of pictures for your example, this one is full of "sunray", it's normal that the result appears strange, too white or desaturated. Maybe you should test ingame. ;)
  Hardcore Modder Hardcore ModderMember since: 18.11.2007, 19:29Posts: 863 Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 30.12.2007, 00:38 
Quote:
Originally posted by Dark shadow

2. in the second photo all the colors tend to the grey, you should increase the saturation...

Dont listend to that pydon :tongue:

Of course the colors are darker, thats the main difference between vanilla but that is the realistic thing of pydons mod.
In vanilla all objects are colorfull and that looks simple unrealistic,objects are not that colorfull if they dont be lighted.
my opinion

edit
Ok I just played the beta and it looks like I was to overhasty.
The colors of the new version are realy to dark.The plants are now olive green and dont looks like a tropical island.Reminds me on the ugly ultra high cfgs.
On this object I like the old version more but the sun and brightness are now right.

Last edited by jupiee on 30.12.2007, 01:29, edited 3 times in total.

Post Topic:
PostPosted 30.12.2007, 03:03 
I have downloaded an ultra high cfg and you are right, the render is really too grey (because of the colorgrading). But if you keep "high" settings, the render is not so desatured, even though the vegetation tends to be olive green in midday.

I'll keep working on these glitches. Keep in minds that it is just a test version. ;)

PS: Here is the importance to take screenshots when you comment the render, because I can't know what you see and how you have tweaked the game.

Last edited by pydon on 30.12.2007, 03:23, edited 3 times in total.

Post Topic:
PostPosted 30.12.2007, 19:38 
Here is test version 2, the problem with the saturation when colorgrading was activated is fixed. In fact, version 1.0 has this problem too...

Natural Mod 1.1 Village map (test version 2) (RapidShare, 34 Mo)

Image Image
(Very High, depth of field deactivated)

I have tried to keep the color render from the first version, the lighting and the shadows from the second test version. I really like the actual render, cold, shiny but not colorless. I think version 1.1 is in good way.

Last edited by pydon on 30.12.2007, 19:47, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar   24/7 Modder 24/7 ModderMember since: 22.11.2007, 17:08Posts: 4907Location: Switzerland Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 30.12.2007, 20:07 
ok, I would like just a bit more color, but its your mod :D
and what about the fog? Dont you think its a bit excessive?

-> SQUAD COMMANDER - a complete squad at your commands - go wherever you want / do whatever you want
----------
-> MAXIMUM CHALLENGE - a complete SP modification - the real hard campaign / more enemies / more action
----------
-> TANA's: Tactical Alien Nanosuit Attachments - Alien nanosuit attachments to expand and increase your abilities
----------
-> AGILITY FLOWGRAPH - Do amazing wall runs and jumps, grab edges and climb and jump everywhere. Have fun!
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 04.12.2007, 23:24Posts: 5Location: Germany Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 30.12.2007, 22:54 
The mountain are "washed" its to foggy thats look not more realistic. And the level has a delicate shade of blue.

Last edited by Ramm on 30.12.2007, 22:55, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 31.12.2007, 06:23Posts: 13Location: Australia Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 31.12.2007, 11:42 
Great work with the mod pydon, keep it up. I've spent some time now running Crysis with it and I have to say I like the colder washed out look over the original. Lighting and Shadows at dawn and dusk are a huge improvement IMHO over the original. I have to disagree with some of the other members here as I prefer how the background is hazy and washed out. The mountains you see in the distance often represent the physical limits of the map itself and to me don't look all that realistic. By obscuring them the short comings in the rendering of these mountains is less apparent, opinions vary of course.

Dark shadow brings up a valid point with the fog, in places it is perhaps a bit excessive. You've been using the Recovery level to test the mod the irony being that I would like to perhaps see more fog in that level. The Awakening level on the other hand could do with a compromise between the original and the mod, see the attached images as a reference.

If there is one thing that I don't like about the mod, its that the night time scenes during the second part of the Relic level where Nomad exfils the excavation site is just too dark. I agree with you that the original wasn't dark enough, however as there is a full moon some ambient light would be a big improvement. Having said that as I pointed out at the start I'm very impressed with the mod and I'm looking forward to see what direction you take it.

Post Topic:
PostPosted 31.12.2007, 14:39 
Thanks for your comment. Most of the remarks you said are already on my todo list. ;)

Version 1.1 will have less ambient fog, but I want to keep the fog on the mountains for the reason you said. The night will be a bit brighter too.
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 01.01.2008, 18:19Posts: 27Location: Gießen, Germany Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 01.01.2008, 18:21 
Wow! 1.1 is really impressive. I will stop playing Crysis until the new version is realeased :D
Very good work.
User avatar   Trainee TraineeMember since: 01.01.2008, 22:53Posts: 153Location: Germany Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 01.01.2008, 22:57 
Some complained about the background nebula, but actually it is quite natural. As you can see on photos and movies with moutains far away there is also a "nebula", but in reality it's the air! The more far an object is way the more air one has to look trough and that's why far away mountains appear like being covered in nebula. ;)

I think it looks good and should stay that way!

PS: I just tested the second test version of the village level and I don't like it. Natural Mod looked very natural in all the levels I've played with it (third level 'recon', fourth level 'assault'), but in the second test version of village the colors look much too bright. It looks like a comic. Just my five cents. :D

GODzillaâ„¢

Last edited by GODzilla on 02.01.2008, 03:17, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar   Superstar Dolphin Superstar DolphinMember since: 16.08.2004, 10:46Posts: 9842Location: FinlandStatus: Online Likes: 170

Post Topic:
PostPosted 02.01.2008, 19:38 
Quote:
Originally posted by acidron
Just tested the mod. I am agree with opinoins above thet it is too dark.
Here is what I get with VeryHigh DX10.
I am sure it is impossible to get so dark picture in August in place so close to the equator.

If you take a photograph aiming almost directly at the sun (as in your screenshot), you will get underexposed trees... :rolleyes: