View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

Beginner BeginnerMember since: 02.04.2011, 01:18Posts: 26Location: United Kingdom Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 02.04.2011, 21:46 
Quote:
Originally posted by JulioC95
Quote:
Originally posted by reggae
Hi, first post here :tongue:

I've been using Real Lifesis for a while now. Just been using the base TOD with the config that comes with it. I'm tempted to try Reli2. Is it significantly better than the original? Also, do I have to use the installer for Reli2, or can I just use the standalone TOD file?

Reli2 is massively different, it's crazy what he's done. xD You can use either the installer or just the ToD, the mod is modular (PUN :P) so you can install what you want.

Enjoy, and welcome to CryMod :D

Definitely going to try it out now!

User avatar   Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 01.09.2008, 19:52Posts: 239Location: Germany Likes: 3

Post Topic:
PostPosted 03.04.2011, 18:11 
I have lots of shadow flackering when i play the game without AA or in 64 bit mode.

Now I play Crysis on Very High with max AA and this config/ToD on 12-20 fps :D. Still fun though

Portfolio: http://pvoelz.daportfolio.com/

French Touch Studio
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 14.04.2009, 14:30Posts: 2 Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 03.04.2011, 19:09 
Hey! Just want to start out with saying: Awesome work! From what I've seen this has to be the best-looking TODs around. Crysis has never looked this good!

Now, with that said, I need some help! The map Exodus isn't working correctly for me. The whole game turns black and white. Anyone got any idea what's wrong?
User avatar   24/7 Modder 24/7 ModderMember since: 23.04.2008, 19:49Posts: 3901Location: Horsham, West Sussex Likes: 54

Post Topic:
PostPosted 04.04.2011, 00:02 
Quote:
Originally posted by Gubbtjyv
Hey! Just want to start out with saying: Awesome work! From what I've seen this has to be the best-looking TODs around. Crysis has never looked this good!

Now, with that said, I need some help! The map Exodus isn't working correctly for me. The whole game turns black and white. Anyone got any idea what's wrong?

The desaturation of the game was a specific descision made by me, I wanted the arrival of the aliens to have more impact as up until that point the game is fairly/very saturated and tropical. the saturation will return the further you move away from the sphere however if you want to have the saturation back i believe r_ColorGrading = 0 may work, however this will likely reduce the quality of the time of day or make it really dark.

Quote:
I have lots of shadow flackering when i play the game without AA or in 64 bit mode.

Im not sure why that would happen as i've never come across the issue myself, if you could try playing the game in 32bit see if you get the same errors there? if not it may be a bug with certain parameters and the 64bit version. I would try uninstalling the mod and playing the level again on 64bit to see if the problem occurs in vanilla :)

Quote:
got a problem in Ascension Level - i cant see the enemies since it's either the sky is too bright or the cloud is too thick. any advice on this? thanks

turning off the colorgrading as above may also help you with this issue ;) you could also try increasing the gamma with r_gamma = (then a number of preference) I believe?

Let me know how it goes ;)

-Puppy

Freelance Lighting/Visualization Artist
User avatar   Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 01.09.2008, 19:52Posts: 239Location: Germany Likes: 3

Post Topic:
PostPosted 04.04.2011, 08:33 
Hey Cry-Puppy,

I can play the game under 32 bit normally but have to activate 16xQ AA, then its gone, when i disable AA or go down with the option it starts again. I can still play and enjoy the game, just wanted to let you know that this happens.

I use your RELI2.exe (installer) with the newest version of your RELI2 Autoexec

Portfolio: http://pvoelz.daportfolio.com/

French Touch Studio
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 14.04.2009, 14:30Posts: 2 Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 05.04.2011, 00:13 
Ey, having read your reply Puppy I just played through Exodus without changing anything and while it was kind of cool that the saturation returned gradually I think it's kinda odd, seeing as you had color at the end of the previous level.

I also had the same problem as spacebulate03 on Ascension and tried out colorgrading = 0 and while it did work it was still kinda hard to make out the enemies and the environment even. I'd say the map needs some tweaking. But that's just my two cents on an otherwise awesome mod.

Played through the game now and looking forward to putting my teeth into Crysis 2!!
User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 05.04.2011, 11:07Posts: 2Location: CryTek HQ Likes: 0

Post Topic: Superb!
PostPosted 06.04.2011, 00:48 
Good job, hope to see more mods from you to this wonderful engine!
  Trainee TraineeMember since: 25.03.2008, 23:48Posts: 173 Likes: 0

Post Topic: Re: Hawkeye|Puppy's | - Puppy.Corp - *RELI2 Released*
PostPosted 16.05.2011, 17:39 
Hey guys, where do I download these mods? I know the database is down, its there anywhere else I can get them? Finding it hard to find any of Hawkeyes work.
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 14.08.2011, 01:54Posts: 1 Likes: 0

PostPosted 14.08.2011, 12:53 
Quote by Damarius101:
Hey guys, where do I download these mods? I know the database is down, its there anywhere else I can get them?

There's a link over here: http://www.overclock.net/pc-games/1014933-guide-crysis-mods-56k-warning.html.

I think there's a problem with the installer, though. Doesn't look like the shaders get added. If you open the installer .bat file, you'll notice that that the second-last line is missing the "-tzip" switch; adding this in seems to do the trick.
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 11.10.2011, 23:20Posts: 9 Likes: 0

PostPosted 12.11.2011, 19:00 
HI
Want to say >>Thanks<<,for your work,made this game real different to me.
hope you can make money with your abilities, rather than criticism.
gracias.
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 19.06.2012, 22:33Posts: 4 Likes: 0

PostPosted 16.07.2012, 05:14 
Hello to anyone still interested in this thread. I'm new into modding this classic PC game and have almost everything up and running, save for the two most important parts to me; dynamic depth of field via flowgraphs, and of course, Puppy's amazing looking Reli2 TOD mod.

My problem is that I can't get both of them working together at the same time...if I install his Reli2 mod and run the game, it looks as it should. Upon going into the Crysis Sandbox2 editor and loading up the autofocus depth of field with an area trigger, then exporting that and playing the game, I noticed the DoF worked properly, but all traces of the Reli2 mod were gone...it's as if the editor wrote over Reli2 with the default TOD. If I re-install Reli2, the dynamic DoF disappears completely and I'm back to square one. When I try to add his .TOD file in the editor along side the DoF flowgraph, I see the results in the editor, and export to engine with everything working when I Ctrl+G. As soon as I go into the actual game, however, the DoF remains working, but the TOD is gone completely. :(

So my question is...how do I get Reli2's TOD's AND a custom flowgraph for auto-focus depth of field working simultaneously. Am I missing a step in the level editor for implementing a TOD file? Am I not copying over the correct level files, or not opening the right ones to add the DOF to in the editor? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Haftarun8
Core i7 920 @ 2.93Ghz, EVGA GTX 670 FTW, 6GB DDR3
  Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 17.06.2011, 10:49Posts: 1473Location: Germany Likes: 6

PostPosted 16.07.2012, 10:39 
import the reli2 ToD aggain in your map

downloads.php?view=detail&category=62&df_id=5232

Intel Core i5-2500K
ASRock P67 Pro3
8 GB DDR3-1333
GTX560 2GB
Win7 x64

PostPosted 16.07.2012, 14:05 
That's what I tried to do, but for some reason the tod isn't taking. It shows up fine in the editor, but when I go to play the actual game there's no trace of it...I think what I need is a super detailed, step by step instruction on exactly how to properly implement the tod from "open the editor" to play the game, to see if there's something I missed. I read elsewhere that you have to press the record button in the TOD window in the editor? I'm not sure if that's necessary or when you have to do so. Thanks for the reply! Hopefully it's just something simple I overlooked.

Haftarun8

PostPosted 18.07.2012, 17:29 
Just bumping this...I apologize for the persistence, but I would hate to have come this far for nothing...I've searched the net for TOD changing/loading tutorials and from the looks of it I'm doing it right, yet I'm seeing ZERO results in the actual game.

I open sandbox 2, open a level, go to terrain, Time of Day, and from the TOD window I choose "Import from File", select the Reli2 TOD, watch the world/atmosphere change in the level, and confirm it's working with Ctrl+G. I then select "Export to Engine", and save the level. When I load up the actual game and start a new game, the Reli2 TOD is not there at all - I only see the default original TOD. What am I missing??

Thanks again

Haftarun8
  Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 17.06.2011, 10:49Posts: 1473Location: Germany Likes: 6

PostPosted 18.07.2012, 17:41 
hmm before import the ToD press the red record button, save and then export to engine .

when there is a "mission_mission0.xml" in the level folder, delete it too,
I think RELI2 is create one in all levelfolders..or uninstall RELI2 and it should work .

Intel Core i5-2500K
ASRock P67 Pro3
8 GB DDR3-1333
GTX560 2GB
Win7 x64