View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Trainee TraineeMember since: 24.12.2007, 15:56Posts: 108Location: UK Likes: 7

Post Topic: STAR WARS - Trench Run
PostPosted 26.09.2013, 02:22 
Hello Chaps...

Before I babble on like a twerk... watch the video, it'll explain...

It's a Star Wars mod for Crysis-Wars... ( or any cry-thing you can squeeze it into ) - Now I say 'mod' when in reality it just the wild-imaginings of a slightly stoned & coffee'd up Star Wars fan who was just getting into using Sand-Box.2 and other bibs&bobs... so don't expect the moon on a stick... It was never finished and I haven't released any of the files until today and I made this just for my youtube channel really, just for sh*ts & giggles.

Wanna see more?

Example Video's:

-Early Test

Ok that's enough then, Download it below and read the install instructions and have fun with it, oh if you happen to make some videos on youtube with it or whatever let us know, cheers

DOWNLOAD: http://www.sendspace.com/file/h8bwht

User avatar   News Posters News PostersMember since: 04.12.2007, 03:23Posts: 11790Location: Hamar, Norway Likes: 712

Post Topic: Re: STAR WARS - Trench Run
PostPosted 26.09.2013, 08:47 
Great stuff. Will see if i can find my copy of Crysis Wars somewhere.

User avatar   Database Support Database SupportMember since: 04.05.2009, 13:47Posts: 2960Location: Germany Likes: 148

PostPosted 26.09.2013, 15:11 
Quote by Lavizh:
Great stuff. Will see if i can find my copy of Crysis Wars somewhere.

It's free and can be downloaded.^^
User avatar   Trainee TraineeMember since: 24.12.2007, 15:56Posts: 108Location: UK Likes: 7

PostPosted 26.09.2013, 20:21 
I just had a thought about installation...

This particular setup was installed in the 'mods' directory:
Mods/Starwars/Game/etc/etc

The instructions in the zip might get one confused, I should re-install crysis-wars also :)
User avatar   Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 23.01.2012, 22:22Posts: 375Location: Brazil Likes: 25

PostPosted 27.09.2013, 19:58 
Awesome :D

Quote by Ash712:
"I always say anything is possible if you take the time to figure it out/do it"

Beginner BeginnerMember since: 28.08.2011, 20:42Posts: 66 Likes: 1

PostPosted 27.09.2013, 23:42 
hi guy ^ ^
Your fashion star Wars is really beautiful, but only would have you add some reflection at the lights, and also, very importantly, add lights generated by the particles, for example, derives from the laser should generate light and shadows when they pass near objects. the reactor vessel also must generate light and shadows. All this adds much more realism, because, for the moment, the game is a little flat, that if you add all these effaits, your Mod I think will be perfect;)

(Let me explain with a fast drawing xD)
Attachments:

Explications.jpg

PostPosted 28.09.2013, 16:30 
Quote by driguest:
hi guy ^ ^
Your fashion star Wars is really beautiful, but only would have you add some reflection at the lights, and also, very importantly, add lights generated by the particles, for example, derives from the laser should generate light and shadows when they pass near objects. the reactor vessel also must generate light and shadows. All this adds much more realism, because, for the moment, the game is a little flat, that if you add all these effaits, your Mod I think will be perfect;)

Thank you, I agree... I assumed the cry-engine would handle that for me... I did place some lights along the trench but in the end I removed them.

Here's another video using the Trial version of Crysis-Wars and it worked! - Just need to make your own 'Mods' directory and extract the 'Starwars' dir from the zip into your new Mods dir.

PostPosted 28.09.2013, 22:08 
No, but I mean the light particles ... tires of the laser and the reactor vessel of fons no light range, CHEMAT watch my back, and it looks like your models, do not have a bump map ... trying to bring out all that, because your game is flat in terms of graphics, the lights on the trench, are good, but also add the lights carried on the particles, and if you want my opinion, adds a shock wave to the explosion of blue shot that it is more impressive

PostPosted 29.09.2013, 18:33 
Quote by driguest:
No, but I mean the light particles ... tires of the laser and the reactor vessel of fons no light range, CHEMAT watch my back, and it looks like your models, do not have a bump map ... trying to bring out all that, because your game is flat in terms of graphics, the lights on the trench, are good, but also add the lights carried on the particles, and if you want my opinion, adds a shock wave to the explosion of blue shot that it is more impressive

I agree entirely, now the version you have here is/was an early version, there's no Tie-fighters of Y-wings flying about... I did change things a bit more later on, but sadly I deleted the .cry file and so it was all lost, I still have the cga models etc, I did try to use a recovery program to restore that cry file and some of the sound-mod designer files but they were over-written sadly, so If I wanted to do make another video about Star wars what I would do is remake all the models as I improved upon their design in later months and made another muck-about space project for a youtube video and I would also create a lighter trench and optimize things and make it all a bit better... have a look below for some more videos I made about weird & wonderful ships in space...

So it could be done much better, But I'd have to start again from scratch and that means perhaps better modeling and I have this convoluted way of creating things (in lieu of learning 3dsMAX much better) and going for it... perhaps in CE3... but I wouldn't know about weapons etc... I piggy back on the crysis-wars MP modes etc for the weapons and spawning and all that good stuff... I haven't really checked out CE3 well enough to make a call really but I should check it out.. my creative glands are just being filled up with autumn sunsets and dreams at the moment... I'm sure I'd want to splurge out some goodness in the winter...

PostPosted 30.09.2013, 15:12 
Yeaaa, very nice, but.....where are the cast shadows on your model? o_O...add this, for more realistic (if you can : D')

PostPosted 01.10.2013, 17:41 
Quote by driguest:
but.....where are the cast shadows on your model?

The scenes you have seen all have one light source and the engine will cast shadows... If you look at the spaceships in the second scene you'll see the dark-side of any ship... guess what that is called? :) I made them extra dark as it's space..one light source, the Star Wars scene is the same, shadows are there but they are not so discernible.

PostPosted 02.10.2013, 11:01 
yes, there are shadows, but not Cast shadows, what I mean is that there are two types of shadows, the shadows on the faces of an object and the Cast shadows here there are only shadows on the faces of your ships ...

Here is another example, with Photoshop.
Attachments:

Exemple.jpg

PostPosted 02.10.2013, 11:18 
ok, well maybe my next version will show them... I'm gonna create the Empire Strikes Back... the AT-AT scene, speeders, animated AT-AT's probe-droids... those two-legged mini-AT things... yeah, I was gonna try and use sandbox 2 but I can't find the bugger... so i'll have to plum for CE3 and see what I can do... just for a youtube video really, might be nice.
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 25.05.2013, 16:44Posts: 1251 Likes: 140

PostPosted 15.12.2013, 11:15 
Quote by 7OXIC:
Quote by driguest:
hi guy ^ ^

Thank you, I agree... I assumed the cry-engine would handle that for me... I did place some lights along the trench but in the end I removed them.

Here's another video using the Trial version of Crysis-Wars and it worked! - Just need to make your own 'Mods' directory and extract the 'Starwars' dir from the zip into your new Mods dir.

As a big fan of Star Wars... this is epic.

"There is no book or teacher to give you the answers,to show you the path.Choose your own way! Do not follow me,or anyone else"

Level Designer.

Skype - dstranska1