View unanswered posts | View active topics

Forum lockedPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 28.01.2009, 20:54Posts: 2050Location: Under Ruan's bed. Likes: 1

Post Topic: The Increment (Tech Demo)
PostPosted 07.01.2011, 20:51 

What is the Increment?:
The Increment is a title being developed by the Iron Wolf Studios team set for development with the Cryengine3 upon release. The game takes place during the 80s around the period of Able Archer 83 - possibly the closest that the world had come to war since the Cuban missile crisis in the 60s due to Russian paranoia. The plot centers around a "Whatif" scenario, which the player will play a key role in.

Quote:
1983. The height of the Cold War.
Throughout the closing months of the year, there has been a worrying increase in terrorist attacks upon NATO countries and intelligence chatter that indicates a terrorist attack will likely take place in London, the capital of the United Kingdom, along with rumblings from across the Iron Curtain.

You take the role of 29 year old Sgt. John Casey, a member of The Increment, a shadowy black ops unit comprised of SAS, SBS, and SIS operatives set up in the early 70‘s to deal with threats against the crown, and NATO. The Increment's Blue Team have been tasked with dealing with the threat, via any means necessary.

The threat has to be eliminated before it is too late. Failure is not an option.

A meeting with a source in Northern Ireland who claims to have information about these attacks is about to take place – but not everything is as it seems...

Main Features:
  • A huge choice of equipment & player customisation options.
  • 5 preset & custom classes to choose from.
  • Accurate portrayal of the world during the 1980s.
  • Interaction with NPC's and the environment.
  • Gameplay & environmental realism.
  • Compelling & indepth storyline.
  • FPS/RPG Hybridisation.
  • Realistic close combat mechanics.
  • Original music.
  • Open-ended missions - the players choice effects the plot and gameplay.

Development Plans:
I’ll explain what our current plan is for development from this point. As you might have seen on our IndieDB page, our target engine is Cryengine3 – which isn’t accessible. Yet. To allow us to develop using this platform in the future, we’ve got to do some preparation on Cryengine2 first; otherwise we’ll be wasting valuable time without any public ingame screens, gameplay videos, and plot releases.

Basically, we’ll be releasing a 2-3 level tech demo that the community will be able to access to play. This allows us to do bug finding, get community opinions, and have a base to work from with Cryengine3, along with something we can use to (hopefully) gain some funding.

News:
No Russian? [14/01/2010]
Character Turntables, Teaser Trailer Plans... [22/01/2010]
NI Border and Tech Demo Info
May Update

Example Media:
ImageImageImage ImageImageImage ImageImage ImageImage

More media is on its way soon, but we need more staff to do this.

Recruitment:
As always, we are looking for new staff to join our team of developers. We’re currently looking for people with the following skillsets:
  • 3D Hardsurface Modelling
  • 3D Organic Modelling
  • Animator
  • C++/XML/Lua Coder
  • Flowgrapher

If you have one of these skills, send a PM to me on Crymod, ModDB, email me at Jquigley@Ironwolfstudios.net, or post on our forums at http://forum.ironwolfstudios.net/ and i'll get back to you as soon as possible.

-J
IWS Team Lead

ImageImageImageImageImage

CryDev's professional troll.

Last edited by Squiggers on 19.02.2011, 18:14, edited 4 times in total.

User avatar   Has no life Has no lifeMember since: 27.12.2007, 01:50Posts: 6478Location: Nottingham Likes: 4

Post Topic:
PostPosted 07.01.2011, 21:04 
Wow! Excellent stuff guys! This looks and sounds very promising indeed. Do you have a secondary choice of engine just in-case full mod support for CE3 isn't made available ? Anyway great work indeed!

Associate Producer - New World Interactive
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 28.01.2009, 20:54Posts: 2050Location: Under Ruan's bed. Likes: 1

Post Topic:
PostPosted 07.01.2011, 21:07 
Secondary choice would probably be back to the UDK, although i'd prefer that we didn't end up having to go back again as it would cancel out a lot of the hard work done by Terrorblast so far, and it really screws over team motivation.

Mainly, we're gambling on the Cryengine UDK alike that got announced a while back coming to fruition. :P

Last edited by Squiggers on 07.01.2011, 21:08, edited 1 time in total.
  Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 18.01.2008, 00:21Posts: 1019Location: N.Lincolnshire Likes: 1

Post Topic:
PostPosted 07.01.2011, 21:21 
Good stuff Sguiggly..Keep it up all of you;)

User avatar   Has no life Has no lifeMember since: 27.12.2007, 01:50Posts: 6478Location: Nottingham Likes: 4

Post Topic:
PostPosted 07.01.2011, 21:24 
Yeah, hoping for that myself, would be amazing. Anyway good luck with this project, will be following it, is a great time-period to focus on.

Associate Producer - New World Interactive

Post Topic:
PostPosted 07.01.2011, 21:33 
Cheers guys! Unfortunately, TFB managed to get in many of the features we were considering before we've been able to implement them.. :P

User avatar   Has no life Has no lifeMember since: 02.02.2007, 07:25Posts: 5093Status: Online Likes: 227

Post Topic:
PostPosted 07.01.2011, 23:53 
NICE! :D

My Crytek News Blog - http://bit.ly/aFSbnP
My Massive Crysis Maps Guide - http://bit.ly/f5ifhe
My CryEngine Screens - http://bit.ly/wIDNDJ
My Youtube - http://bit.ly/xIg1l1
My Twitter - http://bit.ly/yZtaoH0
User avatar   Hardcore Modder Hardcore ModderMember since: 23.09.2009, 19:59Posts: 998 Likes: 26

Post Topic:
PostPosted 08.01.2011, 00:01 
really great work.

User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 03.11.2007, 18:49Posts: 1338Location: Your mums bed, where else? Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 08.01.2011, 00:07 

This is awesome.

Bow to me faithfully, bow to me splendidly!
User avatar   Hardcore Modder Hardcore ModderMember since: 31.10.2007, 23:16Posts: 932Location: Sweden; SmÃ¥land Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 08.01.2011, 00:13 
It's looking good, although you could do some heavy improvement on the textures - some of them look a little bit "dead" :))

Other than that the models and everything look fantastic, I love the car (and it's texture)!

TriXigT.com

Post Topic:
PostPosted 08.01.2011, 16:16 
We're going to look at redoing some of the textures if absolutely needed, but its likely they'll look absolutely fine in engine.

Of course, we are looking for people to help out with the project, as said in the first post - so any help would be massively appreciated as we're doing a bit of a revamp of the project. ;)

Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 18.01.2008, 00:21Posts: 1019Location: N.Lincolnshire Likes: 1

Post Topic:
PostPosted 08.01.2011, 18:00 
I`ve been over the skorpion texture several times over the past months.Simply because I like messing with it.
If you want these latest skins let me know.."ya yorkie git":)..l8ers;)

User avatar   Hardcore Modder Hardcore ModderMember since: 31.10.2007, 23:16Posts: 932Location: Sweden; SmÃ¥land Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 09.01.2011, 00:42 
Quote:
Originally posted by Squiggers
We're going to look at redoing some of the textures if absolutely needed, but its likely they'll look absolutely fine in engine.

Of course, we are looking for people to help out with the project, as said in the first post - so any help would be massively appreciated as we're doing a bit of a revamp of the project. ;)

Yeah, It's not required really... but textures are quite important, a plain texture isn't nice!

@ bull: the wood could use some slight tweaking! The rest looks great, the metal overall is perfect! :D

you should join cdg btw, if you haven't... boy do I miss the old day's on that forum though ;(

TriXigT.com
User avatar   Hardcore Modder Hardcore ModderMember since: 15.02.2008, 09:17Posts: 847Location: London, UK Likes: 15

Post Topic:
PostPosted 09.01.2011, 09:53 
Quote:
Originally posted by Pramsen
Quote:

Yeah, It's not required really... but textures are quite important, a plain texture isn't nice!

Plain Texture is fine....
For the diffuse :P

If anything the base textures look fine, but the spec maps need some work :)

(9:12:51 PM) Naur: maxscript, f**k no
(9:13:01 PM) Naur: that sh*t makes Lua look attractive

(10:36:53 PM) puppy: crymono?
(10:37:00 PM) puppy: is that some sort of illness

Post Topic:
PostPosted 11.01.2011, 04:28 
Quote:
Originally posted by Pramsen
Quote:

@ bull: the wood could use some slight tweaking! The rest looks great, the metal overall is perfect! :D

you should join cdg btw, if you haven't... boy do I miss the old day's on that forum though ;(

Wood is only one of several skins I`ve made....join cdg?..why?..can`t really see the benefit.