View unanswered posts | View active topics

Forum lockedPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

Producer ProducerMember since: 18.01.2008, 00:21Posts: 1019Location: N.Lincolnshire Likes: 1

Post Topic: RE: Character Turntables, Teaser Trailer Plans...
PostPosted 26.01.2011, 04:57 
[quote]Originally posted by Squiggers and we'd welcome anyone who wishes to join us on the forums.http://forum.ironwolfstudios.net/

Anyone eh?...Hmm...Looks as though my account has been terminated,can`t login with my info?...Josh I guess...Must be marvellous having all that power,yet so little TALENT.

User avatar   Producer ProducerMember since: 28.01.2009, 20:54Posts: 2050Location: Under Ruan's bed. Likes: 1

Post Topic: RE: Character Turntables, Teaser Trailer Plans...
PostPosted 26.01.2011, 19:35 
Quote:
Originally posted by BuLL
Quote:
Originally posted by Squiggers and we'd welcome anyone who wishes to join us on the forums.http://forum.ironwolfstudios.net/

Anyone eh?...Hmm...Looks as though my account has been terminated,can`t login with my info?...Josh I guess...Must be marvellous having all that power,yet so little TALENT.

More likely that its set as inactive. As a matter of fact Josh is only doing admin/site stuff for the team, so doesn't have any part in that side of development. Although you could easily have PM'd me to say that mate.

Edit: Yes, i was right, your account was set as inactive, you should be able to access the site.

CryDev's professional troll.

Last edited by Squiggers on 26.01.2011, 19:39, edited 3 times in total.
  Producer ProducerMember since: 18.01.2008, 00:21Posts: 1019Location: N.Lincolnshire Likes: 1

Post Topic:
PostPosted 01.02.2011, 04:14 
Quote:
Originally posted by Pramsen
@ bull: the wood could use some slight tweaking! The rest looks great, the metal overall is perfect! :D

Grip sorted..Absolute final render...Done with..That`s my limit at present..."Like it or Lump it time"!(I`m happy with it though).

User avatar   Producer ProducerMember since: 04.04.2010, 18:17Posts: 1389Location: Canada Eh ! Likes: 21

Post Topic:
PostPosted 01.02.2011, 05:38 
Nice Work !

:D

User avatar   Producer ProducerMember since: 28.01.2009, 20:54Posts: 2050Location: Under Ruan's bed. Likes: 1

Post Topic:
PostPosted 01.02.2011, 12:08 
Thought it looked fantastic anyway BuLL to be honest. Might have some work for you if you've not got too much work for TFB?

Post Topic:
PostPosted 01.02.2011, 16:20 
Quote:
Originally posted by Squiggers
Thought it looked fantastic anyway BuLL to be honest. Might have some work for you if you've not got too much work for TFB?

As long as you understand that TFB takes priority & theres no rush,I can probably fit the odd piece in.

User avatar   Producer ProducerMember since: 10.04.2010, 22:50Posts: 1234Location: In front of a computer Likes: 13

Post Topic:
PostPosted 01.02.2011, 17:05 
Are the heads rendered in Cry Engine?

Post Topic:
PostPosted 02.02.2011, 17:28 
Quote:
Originally posted by BuLL
Quote:
Originally posted by Squiggers

As long as you understand that TFB takes priority & theres no rush,I can probably fit the odd piece in.

Of course, thats fine. I'll PM you about some work shortly.

Quote:
Originally posted by blackhorizon
Are the heads rendered in Cry Engine?

No, they're rendered within 3DS Max, with similar settings to show how it'd appear inside CE2. We'll be rendering stuff within CryEngine soon, however... but thats coming with some other big stuff we'll be revealing.

Skilled Developer Skilled DeveloperMember since: 26.04.2008, 13:07Posts: 695Location: Belgium / Croatia Likes: 1

Post Topic:
PostPosted 02.02.2011, 20:46 
looking forward to that big stuff ;)
User avatar   Just getting started Just getting startedMember since: 06.04.2010, 18:13Posts: 45Location: Sumter, SC Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 02.02.2011, 22:29 
This is inspiring work!

http://biomassproductions.tumblr.com
Visit Our Indie Game Blog!
User avatar   Has seen it all Has seen it allMember since: 13.10.2008, 19:48Posts: 6496Location: Squiggers' kitchen Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 11.02.2011, 20:35 

Level update 02

Hey all,

I've been experimenting with the time of day a bit more and I thought I might share this screenshot with you lads. No final masterpiece by any means but rather to set the mood. I added more snow to the backdrop mountains. I still need to fix up a few issues regarding distant view but I'm nearing what I want on a minimum basis.

Cheers !

-Edward

Oh and crits and comments are always more than welcome!

- It's all about the bread.
User avatar   Producer ProducerMember since: 04.04.2010, 18:17Posts: 1389Location: Canada Eh ! Likes: 21

Post Topic:
PostPosted 11.02.2011, 23:11 
Sexy !

:D

Post Topic: Update - NI Border & Tech Demo News
PostPosted 19.02.2011, 18:13 

Update - NI Border & Tech Demo News

NI Border:
We're progressing quite nicely with development at present. Heres some work in progress shots of a certain border area being worked on by the fantastic ultranew_b, and Donkluseckza.

ImageImage
ImageImage

Please note, some of the assets in these images (such as parts of the base shown in the last image) are placeholders. We hope to replace all of Crytek's assets with our own in time.

AKM:
To finish off the 3D part of our update, we've got the AKM by Andy. One of the main weapons that you'll be coming across during the game is this, along with later variants of the weapon system. Like all of our weapons/vehicles, we'll be looking at doing variants of our assets in due course.

The Tech Demo:
At present, we're delaying the release of the tech demo til the release of Crysis 2. This is primarily due to the fact that we aren't sure how the code base will change between SB2 and SB3 unfortunately, so we're pausing developing the code/feature set for now, except in terms of trying to work out how it would likely be implemented. Its under 40 days before we can hopefully start working on the code again, which will benefit all those who intend to play this game.

Recruitment:
I'd like to announce that p5ym0n has joined us a coder - which we're damn grateful for to have someone of such talent joining us, and he'll will be assisting in the development of features, code and planning on the project. As you can see, we've also been joined by the fantastic level designer ultranew_b, whose currently developing the level that has been shown today.

As always, we are looking for new staff to join our team of developers. We’re currently looking for people with the following skillsets:
  • 3D Hardsurface Modelling
  • 3D Organic Modelling
  • Texture Artist
  • Animator
  • C++/XML/Lua Coder
  • Flowgrapher

If you have one of these skills, send a PM to me on Crymod, ModDB, email me at Jquigley@Ironwolfstudios.net, or post on our forums at http://forum.ironwolfstudios.net/ and i'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Thats all for now everyone!

-J
IWS Team Lead

ImageImageImageImageImage

Last edited by Squiggers on 19.02.2011, 18:42, edited 4 times in total.
User avatar   Producer ProducerMember since: 19.04.2008, 19:58Posts: 2376Location: London, England Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 19.02.2011, 18:21 
Looks good, although some of those assets could be higher res (in poly and texture sense) also perhaps get some higher setting screenshots?

Post Topic:
PostPosted 19.02.2011, 18:26 
I'll upload the higher res screens later today when ultranew_b is back from work, as i don't have them at present. Polycounts/textures are fine for the buildings for the first release.

We'll look at adding more detailing in later releases, but for the first release we're focusing on the overall design, style, and feature set. Don't worry, we'll be utilising the engine to its limits. ;) We'll likely release a video showing off the level, as it does look fantastic in game.

The main change we'd like to make is to the Saracen APC's texture, if there are any volunteers for that job?