View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Community Rep Community RepMember since: 14.12.2009, 17:10Posts: 1215Location: Staffordshire, UK Likes: 66

Post Topic: [Wars 1.5] RTC - Real Time Construct
PostPosted 30.04.2011, 13:13 

ImageProfile

A game engine based application proof of concept for the usability of CryEngine as a platform for business tools. This concept focuses on the application of CryEngine for Architectural Visualization presentation.

It is capable of the following presentation functions:

• Render
  • Parameterized Time and Speed of Day
  • FOV Increase / Decrease
  • 3D Anaglpyh Increase / Decrease
  • Rotation on all axis
  • Cut, Duplicate, Paste and Delete
  • Material / Grey Render Toggle
  • Scale Increase/ Decrease

Installation

Manual - http://www.moddb.com/mods/rtc-real-time-construct

Automatic (Recommended) - http://www.desura.com/mods/rtc-real-time-construct

Misc

The presentation application is controlled by an Xbox 360 Controller and supports only 32bit at present.

Research Materials surrounding this project will be made available in a few weeks

Screenshots

Main Menu
Night Time - With Optimised Lights
Anaglyph Function
Help Menu (Back on Controller)

constructive feedback most welcome :)

User avatar   Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 22.05.2009, 12:03Posts: 557Location: Germany Likes: 0

Post Topic: Re: [Wars 1.5] RTC - Real Time Construct
PostPosted 10.05.2011, 15:34 
I am extremely interested in this program.
Is it available already?
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 15.04.2008, 19:40Posts: 2321Location: London, UK Likes: 1

PostPosted 10.05.2011, 17:03 
Quite a weak. This idea was made many times, from Copy&paste menu (from Hawkeye-Puppy) and up to Bould mod.

I like Build Mod which allows you to build up the levels online. The things you represented could be easily done with flowgraph, consisting from 150 nodes at maximum.
If you want to bring the real impression on people, you need to create something really cool.
User avatar   Community Rep Community RepMember since: 14.12.2009, 17:10Posts: 1215Location: Staffordshire, UK Likes: 66

PostPosted 12.05.2011, 00:33 
@ultranoob - links are in the post.

@ alex626 - Most of the functions in this project were done in flowgraph because I'm not a programmer - but I don't see what the number of nodes used has got to do with anything (quality over quantity). I designed my system to be simple and concise with a good user experience which I think it achieves.

It was done for an academic project which was more about learning than impressing people - I did learn a lot throughout the project. Its only here for me to share my project and what I learned. But thanks for the reality check anyhow.
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 15.04.2008, 19:40Posts: 2321Location: London, UK Likes: 1

PostPosted 12.05.2011, 20:31 
@Kaneth, its alright ;) I like to make some critics sometimes, and your project is quite good for academic work. good luck with it.