View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 05.06.2010, 14:34Posts: 69Location: Germany Likes: 0

Post Topic: Re: [WIP] Mod: Call of the Storm
PostPosted 25.03.2012, 21:48 
My mod is for Crysis, you can also play it with wars but that could make bugs.

Hardcore Modder Hardcore ModderMember since: 19.09.2009, 15:04Posts: 817Location: Bordeaux, France Likes: 9

PostPosted 26.03.2012, 18:59 
Hey, the non-setup version is pretty much finale or should we wait just a little bit for it ?
User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 05.06.2010, 14:34Posts: 69Location: Germany Likes: 0

PostPosted 26.03.2012, 19:55 
the non setup is the final.
the first version with the setup was a little buggy ;)
  Hardcore Modder Hardcore ModderMember since: 19.09.2009, 15:04Posts: 817Location: Bordeaux, France Likes: 9

PostPosted 27.03.2012, 22:40 
Cool mod, I enjoyed my game experience through it :D

I liked the mood of the mission, with the storm and oppressive settings.

I handled my first play without much creativity, attacking from mid-long range from front. Second play time was much more imaginative :easter: , so I guess the mod provides a good replay value.

I liked the fact all your lights cast player shadow, but i suggest to increase the view distance of those light, in so far as they appear surprisingly sometimes (you see a dark outpost, then getting closer the light appear).

Found the "Rank up" secret, guess it as soon as I saw the
waterfall
:P

I Like the reiforcements that come with LTV / truck, but I would add some after the "info" objective (grunts spawn without obvious vehicules that brought them).

Havn't found grenade launcher attachment, its noob in MP but I like it in SP :easter:

I would add more stuff in the interior area, like pipes for example.

Minor crits, the
SuperVX
have collision with the shi ten during the LTV escape

I am not fond off the auto pick up feature. Keep it the old way in Delta like in Warhead would be better, or enable a bind key to switch it on/off like the "YOU ARE HURT, GET TO COVER" that drive me crazy :evil:

Credits are similar to FCFort mod credits: I'd love to get 2 endings, with a continuous trackview through the whole map if player found the secret and keep the current one for non secret discover :easter:

Thanks for creating this mod, had a good play time :xmas:

PostPosted 28.03.2012, 11:45 
Thanks for your critic.
At first, the "YOU ARE HURT, GET TO COVER" is a little joke against COD.
My Mod named "Call of" the storm and the first idears of my mod were really crazy.

PostPosted 28.03.2012, 13:26 
Yup, I remember one of your comment about the irony in the mod :easter:
User avatar   Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 13.12.2011, 19:25Posts: 511Location: Argentina Likes: 0

PostPosted 28.03.2012, 20:28 
I want to traslate it to spanish..
but i couldn't open the ui_text_messages.xml

PostPosted 29.03.2012, 17:40 
If you want to change the subtitles, you must open the "dialog_recording_list" with MS Exel.
And the text´s in the Credits and so on.. have to edit in the editor but you have no .cry.
User avatar   Trainee TraineeMember since: 25.08.2011, 16:30Posts: 147Location: Lazytown Likes: 2

PostPosted 01.04.2012, 10:49 
Check the AI navigation to make sure the AI dont go in to the sea and kill themselves.

NItimur In Vetinum
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 24.05.2010, 21:17Posts: 1Location: TAIWAN Likes: 0

PostPosted 21.05.2013, 23:02 
Quote by Delta_of_death:

Hello Crydev Community

Since last month´s i´m working on a new modification called "Call of the Storm"
Now i have enough material to show a few. (Watch at the end of my post)

With the criticism of "Project: Confident" i made experience of my mistakes and so i spend much longer time into this Mod to make this perfekt.
At moment the Mod is in Alpha stage so i can´t tell much infos about Story. ;)
but still it will be really crazy like Project: Confident :))

At the moment i´m working on Back to hell too, so the release of Call of the storm could take much longer.

Gameplaytrailer:

[center]Storytrailer

[/center]

Releasetrailer

Here you can see some Pictures:

Sorry, but your link was dead, can you re-upload again? Because I can't download by Filefront..... I pad you, thank you!