View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 23.05.2008, 23:34Posts: 532Location: New Jersey Likes: 18

Post Topic: Re: Dark Craft Studios Presents: Triptych
PostPosted 25.05.2012, 06:32 
And finally, here's a teaser for chapter 2. I recommend 1080p fullscreen to see the ghoulish campfire in action. This narration introduces the ancient city, desert setting , and lovecraftian atmosphere.

User avatar   Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 23.05.2008, 23:34Posts: 532Location: New Jersey Likes: 18

PostPosted 27.06.2012, 08:17 
Some further stills, showcasing the environment of a massive overarching introduction cutscene. Its probably our most sweeping narration yet, and is really, really dark. The cone or storm forming is the touchdown point of a cosmic horror entity/elder god, and things get really bad for this ancient civilization really quick. I won't spoil more.

User avatar   24/7 Modder 24/7 ModderMember since: 12.04.2007, 16:51Posts: 3272 Likes: 2

PostPosted 27.06.2012, 08:43 
very nice. at quality like this, Id like to see the grass with either an extra detail snow texture and change the color manually without a frozen shader..
I really want this.. its depressing ;)

PostPosted 27.06.2012, 09:47 
Yeah, this cutscene is gonna be very depressing and eerie and will be a very nice entrance into the rest of Chapter II. This is actually not in a snowy environment, its just a very particular color scheme (Ancient Greek style) that makes it seem wintery.

But yes I will add grass on the "walkway", trees, pillars and some scattered details before all of this scene is done.
User avatar   Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 09.08.2011, 08:58Posts: 334Location: Moskow, Russia Likes: 4

PostPosted 27.06.2012, 10:38 
wow! Beautiful mountains!Atmosphere is very intense! Nice work!

PostPosted 28.06.2012, 07:19 
Thank you so much. I really am excited to release this cutscene to you guys as a proper teaser to rope interest towards the second chapter. It is about 4 minutes long, and is extremely cryptic and depressing. In any case, the video will be in a week or two, but more screenshots of Chapter II (And not nescessarily only this cutscene) will be released in a few days time.

PostPosted 26.07.2012, 16:48 

Here is the cutscene that I had screenshots of above. It showcases the downfall of a civilization in 3600B.C after they summon something horrible out of the sky, think Lovecraftian cosmic horror. Warning, the first video is a 5 minute atmospheric romp-around. Its been called sinister and really unsettling by playtesters, but it has no narration and the whole story its telling is visually represented. So I'd recommend 1080p and loud volume on fullscreen.
User avatar   Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 30.06.2011, 13:37Posts: 459Location: Ottawa, Ontario - Canada Likes: 3

PostPosted 26.07.2012, 17:04 
although most of your video's say they have been removed by you this looks to have promise keep it up :)

PostPosted 26.09.2012, 21:58 
Because the project has been rebooted, and it is almost done as a much bigger, more atmospheric, more beautiful story. Here is our latest trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBMAvIUGJbI

Post Topic: Re: [Dark Craft Studios] Triptych -- Demo Released Oct 2012!
PostPosted 31.10.2012, 07:47 
We've released a character teaser for Jeremiah Stone, one of the protagonists. A beautiful soliloquy is paired with solid composition. I hope you guys like it. Triptych has had woefully inadequate fan support since the very beginning, despite being our biggest project as a studio yet. Hopefully this demo, and trailer, and huge media campaign stirs a little bit of excitement in the joints of the silent fans. If there are any.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/triptych/videos

As well, a demo is live. It's about 15-20 minutes in length and covers two big cutscenes and the beginning ghoulish, Lovecraftian entry into the story itself. It has been receiving a lot of good acclaim so far. I'm not blowing my own horn, I'm quite humble about it. A ton of work has gone into this, and all I can say is, the demo seems to be positively received by the audience we want it to be.

It can be downloaded here, for owners of Crysis patched to 1.2.1

http://www.moddb.com/mods/triptych/down ... ptych-demo

PostPosted 14.11.2012, 01:44 
Has anyone had the chance to play the demo yet? It's been receiving a ton of acclaim on gamefaqs and moddb forums. But the crysis communites haven't given so much as a comment on it yet!
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 15.01.2011, 23:00Posts: 1329Status: Online Likes: 51

PostPosted 14.11.2012, 11:56 
I still don't understand what the story is about :whatever: But I'il give it a try when I'm back home.

"The cake is NOT a lie!"

NO support via pm!
You look funny with your head so close by the screen ^^

PostPosted 14.11.2012, 20:37 
I'm not sure how one can't, that's the first time anybody has told me that. The advertisements and media releases have been pretty straight forwards. :P

It's lovecraftian horror about two brothers and their betrayal, an ancient civilization being discovered in Egypt, Necromancy, Occult, and other sinister and mature themes. To explain the actual story A to Z would spoil it. But if you know what Lovecraftian horror is, it's pretty easy to guess what you're going to be getting into. If you don't, play the demo!

Triptych is a playable story though so don't expect combat or action. More like an adventure game.

Post Topic: Re: [Dark Craft Studios] Triptych -- 2013 Update!
PostPosted 22.07.2013, 20:07 
I have a much needed update on this project ,which is still ongoing. I have completed all the levels and am currently fine tuning the story, immersion and game play constantly. However I have taken a 3 month hiatus (and ongoing) to help allocate all my attention to helping my fellow studio-hand Jason on Sapience, and working a full time job on my own irl. However, here I am to showcase my latest in the level design for this mod, probably some of my best work so far to date in my long modding career.