View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Hardcore Modder Hardcore ModderMember since: 17.09.2009, 21:39Posts: 884Location: RANDOMLAND !!! Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 19.12.2009, 20:06 
Im gonna try and make a story Bevo copy and paste this to the 1st page
then paste over that when i put in a expanded version on the thread

The constant fear of Nuclear attack lead Western powers to develop Anti-ICBM satelites, with the balance of world power shifted disproportionally west, the Chinese Government plotted... The stole this technology as their own and launched theirs abruptly. Sanctions from the USA, UK, Germany and France (The countries that participated) ensued China was denied trade with other countries... one vital raw material really had an effect, OIL. (2020 - around the same time of Crysis -3 months after- , this was considered a minor conflict by the Americans)

Desperate and facing civil unrest, Chinese forces turned their gaze to the near-depleted oil reserves of the middle east. Problem was it had NATO forces in the country, and others in the way... (February 2021)

The Chinese advance was brutal, India, Pakistan, Afghanistan and Iraq all fell to a massive suprise attack, the line was held at the ruins of Palistine. SAS and UFR raids against the Invading army began. Vital Info gained from a raid allowed a fresh American Armored division and numerous Infantry divisons to break the Chinese hold on the country. (November 2021)

"2 Years later..." - (Note large parts are missing im just giving some context with some things already known)

Operation Dustorm was critcal in the removal of China from the Middle east, their attemps at oil where thwarted. A new leader was in power, he promised peace, to the press he was a gentle man. The reality was different. For years the Chinese had been suppling Russian insurgents, it was only a matter of time before they decided to join in. Their intention? The Russian's oil reserves. (September 2023)

In the suburbs of a Russian city the sounds of tanks treads and jets wizzing overhead is all that can be heard. On the other side... a squad of hastily drawn Specnaz Commandos and draftees. Can they hold the chinese advance so the civilians can escape? The day a GRUDGE is born...

Image Image
Opposites!
Pro - Noob
Cool - Nerd
Strong - Weak
FAIL - EPIK!

Hotdog - BREADCAT !!!!

Last edited by Urchin on 19.12.2009, 20:09, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar   Hardcore Modder Hardcore ModderMember since: 06.09.2009, 17:26Posts: 905Location: Belgium Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 19.12.2009, 20:17 
Alright, story is updated. ;)

PS: Urchin, check your inbox plz.

Quote:
Originally posted by Urchin
Who's James Ryan?
User avatar   Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 19.12.2009, 05:06Posts: 381Location: KANSAS! Likes: 1

Post Topic:
PostPosted 20.12.2009, 03:47 
tod is looking good. i like to add a very slight yellow on sun color for desert tods. im really liking that guard post

[FONT=courier new]DIY or DIE[/FONT]

Last edited by CrustyDoom on 20.12.2009, 03:52, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar   Skilled Modder Skilled ModderMember since: 18.02.2009, 13:32Posts: 604Location: Back in my home Likes: 6

Post Topic:
PostPosted 20.12.2009, 21:29 
Check your mail Bevo i send you the characters.

User avatar   Hardcore Modder Hardcore ModderMember since: 06.09.2009, 17:26Posts: 905Location: Belgium Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 20.12.2009, 21:32 
Quote:
Originally posted by fixers0
Check your mail Bevo i send you the characters.

Thx man. You can check your mail too now. :happy:

Quote:
Who's James Ryan?

Post Topic:
PostPosted 21.12.2009, 12:21 
Update #3 - Meet the team

Hi guys. I've got another update for U guys. I'm glad we finally have our characters which will represent your team! All characters were made by fixers0.

Front:

Back:

Quote:
Who's James Ryan?

Last edited by Bevo on 22.12.2009, 11:31, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar   Hardcore Modder Hardcore ModderMember since: 17.09.2009, 21:39Posts: 884Location: RANDOMLAND !!! Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 21.12.2009, 17:23 
well done Fixers i really like them, Bevo good screenie, the front shot isnt loading...

EDIT: they are working just crappy comp isnt processing them quickly...

Oh and uh there will be no nanosuit powers... we will have to encorporate that...
we will make the option that when you press a key your team will open fire, or hold fire.
this will allow you to kill enemies quietly from range or charge in (this method will allow you to take the stealth approach.

Image Image
Opposites!
Pro - Noob
Cool - Nerd
Strong - Weak
FAIL - EPIK!

Hotdog - BREADCAT !!!!

Last edited by Urchin on 21.12.2009, 17:32, edited 2 times in total.

Post Topic:
PostPosted 21.12.2009, 18:59 
Quote:
Originally posted by PaulUrchin
Oh and uh there will be no nanosuit powers... we will have to encorporate that...
we will make the option that when you press a key your team will open fire, or hold fire.
this will allow you to kill enemies quietly from range or charge in (this method will allow you to take the stealth approach.

This is something for the mod thread, not for the map thread because it will affect all our maps. ;)

Quote:
Who's James Ryan?
User avatar   Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 19.12.2009, 05:06Posts: 381Location: KANSAS! Likes: 1

Post Topic:
PostPosted 21.12.2009, 20:43 
dude are you doing for realism in this thing? if so you should check out solecists realism beta. although its very hard to find and dont think its on crymod....
forgot to compliment characters =)

[FONT=courier new]DIY or DIE[/FONT]

Last edited by CrustyDoom on 21.12.2009, 21:15, edited 2 times in total.
  Trainee TraineeMember since: 13.06.2009, 02:21Posts: 122 Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 22.12.2009, 01:38 
nice looks good so far

Post Topic:
PostPosted 22.12.2009, 10:56 
Quote:
Originally posted by bladez
nice looks good so far

Thx.

Quote:
Who's James Ryan?

Post Topic:
PostPosted 22.12.2009, 13:59 
Bevo please clear your PMs your inbox is full...

Image Image
Opposites!
Pro - Noob
Cool - Nerd
Strong - Weak
FAIL - EPIK!

Hotdog - BREADCAT !!!!

Post Topic:
PostPosted 22.12.2009, 16:47 
I've got a serious problem at the moment. Everytime I try to open my level in the editor the editor crashes. I've tried several backups, but none of them work. I hope I can get this fixed. :unsure:

Quote:
Who's James Ryan?
User avatar   Skilled Modder Skilled ModderMember since: 18.02.2009, 13:32Posts: 604Location: Back in my home Likes: 6

Post Topic:
PostPosted 22.12.2009, 16:58 
Strange problem, do you have many assets installed in your cryis game folder, try to remove them one by one, can you still load other maps, or have you installed any programs lately did the map crash once during editing.

Post Topic:
PostPosted 22.12.2009, 17:07 
Well, I deleted all the custom files and assets, but the problem wasn't fixed then. It even get stranger:

I've got a dual boot on my pc: Windows 7 and Vista. I've installed Crysis Wars on both systems and the mod SDK too. Normally I work on Windows 7, but because of the problem this is impossible. So I tried to open my map in Vista, which worked! This is good news, because this means my map files aren't corrupted so I don't have to start over again. :)

To make it stranger: I opened the editor.exe of my Vista installation with Windows 7 and my map opened...

My conclusion: The problem must be the Sandbox Editor of Windows 7, but this is strange because I already reinstalled Crysis Wars and I can still open other maps.

Quote:
Who's James Ryan?