View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 06.09.2008, 02:53Posts: 224Location: Kansas, U.S. Likes: 7

Post Topic: Release of my MW:LL .cry files
PostPosted 27.08.2013, 20:54 
Hello folks, I'll keep this short. I did work for MechWarrior: Living Legends for a little over five years and created many levels during that time. I talked to the leads before our last release and recently made sure I was okay to go ahead and release any of the work that I was the designer behind. I was only going to release a couple but have decided to go ahead and release everything I was the author of. There's a more detailed post here along with the download link and install directions following the link below.

Link to the original release post: http://forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php/topic,19372.0.html

List of levels released:

TSA-
Marshes
Thunder Rift
Inferno

TC-
Marshes
Thunder Rift
Inferno
Kagoshima
Taiga

I also did a lot of other work to help finish other levels but don't have the authority to release those since I wasn't the original creator.

I'd love to see any modifications that anyone makes to the original levels if there's still anyone working with CE:2 and MW:LL

Enjoy!

Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 16.03.2011, 05:55Posts: 531Location: Utah, USA Likes: 29

Post Topic: Re: Release of my MW:LL .cry files
PostPosted 27.08.2013, 21:14 
Very Nice and Thank you!

I am planning on picking these apart and remaking them in the FreeSDK as a side project.

Thank you very much!
User avatar   Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 25.08.2011, 22:20Posts: 466Location: Deutschland Likes: 45

PostPosted 27.08.2013, 21:23 
Wow thats very kind of you :)
Thank you!

User avatar   Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 06.09.2008, 02:53Posts: 224Location: Kansas, U.S. Likes: 7

PostPosted 27.08.2013, 21:38 
Quote by Benji385:
Very Nice and Thank you!

I am planning on picking these apart and remaking them in the FreeSDK as a side project.

Thank you very much!

PLEASE post pics/vids of the remakes here! I'd love to see them rebuilt in the new engine! If you or anyone has any questions about the levels just shoot me a pm here or contact me on skype @ 'Sannyasi_73' as my handle there.

Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 16.03.2011, 05:55Posts: 531Location: Utah, USA Likes: 29

PostPosted 27.08.2013, 21:41 
Quote by -Sannyasi-:
Quote by Benji385:
Very Nice and Thank you!

Thank you very much!

PLEASE post pics/vids of the remakes here! I'd love to see them rebuilt in the new engine! If you or anyone has any questions about the levels just shoot me a pm here or contact me on skype @ 'Sannyasi_73' as my handle there.

I am just waiting for the bugfix build to come out then I will get started :)

I really got to admit - I loved MW:LL have you guys thought about open sourcing it so that the community could keep it going for a longer amount of time?

PostPosted 27.08.2013, 22:13 
I mentioned during some our last meetings that it might be cool to release the source code but it's pretty much a 99.99999999(continue a few thousand times) percent chance that that will never happen due to the NDA with Microsoft- that would result in a total nightmare and probably the ultimate destruction of the mod for good without the right permissions. We were very lucky that Microsoft gave us the rights to develop the IP in the first place, and being able to see this through to completion plus another 4 years of development after it's original release is a blessing in itself. For my part, I'm doing what I can to give as much access to the files as I am able, and this is it.

Note: I don't believe there's any more bugfixes or patches planned , 7.1 is the very last release as far as I know and I'm pretty sure there won't be any more.

Last edited by -Sannyasi- on 27.08.2013, 22:17, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted 27.08.2013, 22:17 
Quote by -Sannyasi-:
I mentioned during some our last meetings that it might be cool to release the source code but it's pretty much a 99.99999999(continue a few thousand times) percent chance that that will never happen due to the NDA with Microsoft- that would result in a total nightmare and probably the ultimate destruction of the mod for good without the right permissions. We were very lucky that Microsoft gave us the rights to develop the IP in the first place, and being able to see this through to completion plus another 4 years of development after it's original release is a blessing in itself. For my part, I'm doing what I can to give as much access to the files as I am able, and this is it.

Ah ok,

I understand now.
User avatar   Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 07.07.2013, 22:31Posts: 266Location: Vancouver BC, Canada Likes: 37

PostPosted 27.08.2013, 22:19 
Very cool! Thanks for uploading it!
User avatar   Skilled Modder Skilled ModderMember since: 17.10.2011, 22:44Posts: 687Location: Greece Likes: 88

PostPosted 27.08.2013, 23:50 
Once a Living Legend, Always a living legend mate, Hope we could gather the team again ;)

VFX Artist
Portfolio :http://ciartsist.weebly.com/
User avatar   Trainee TraineeMember since: 22.08.2013, 17:08Posts: 125Location: Germany Likes: 31

PostPosted 28.08.2013, 10:16 
nice! thanks for the stuff. :D