View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 17.06.2009, 12:26Posts: 1941Location: South Africa Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 17.09.2010, 16:37 
thanks for the awesome ideas psyphtoix :)
as always u have some really creative and original ideas..
making a note to finish the brain removal machine and somehow plug it into your brain to have your ideas lol

i had some similar ideas ..subway tracks running past the underground proto and had even connected the subway to the back entrance of the underground proto and thought i had the solution nailed...was close...even had started making an undeground parking lot...thought it had a lot of potential

pity some posts got lost in the crash..i have the elevator working...ended up being fairly simple ..just tedious..but what i dont like about it is that you don't "stick" to the moving step and end up sliding off them and staying in the same place...so it looks real..but the functionailty in game sucks...not sure if i will keep it or not

other major major problem is...i couldnt fix the FPS bleeding between the ground floor and the subway...so the entire subway was deleted to get my fps back ...with the detail in the subway dp's were hitting 3800 and FPS dropped to like 20 :(

another reason for deleting the subway is that it looked good but made the map huge..the original plan was a map that 8 to 10 people could play in and focus the gameplay inside the energy building...the subway ...and even the shopping mall...don't really help keep the action in a tight spot...so besides looking pretty they are not helping the gameplay

i'm now trying to come up with a plan on how to have a bunker in the shopping centre..thinking like an admin section within the mall...high security or something

what i did come up with was that i have a number of ATM's inside the energy building and around the town...if I can work out a plan for the bunker inside the shopping mall..i could place buying areas (as per your idea) around every ATM to make them "real" and link them back to the mall bunker to give it a strategic angle otherwise no one will ever go and capture it

i did download your bunker...thanks dude.
was thinking once i sort out the buildings that maybe i could chuck the map past you for final ideas and help with the multiplayer functionality :unsure:

User avatar   Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 22.07.2009, 21:17Posts: 248Location: West Australia Likes: 1

Post Topic:
PostPosted 22.09.2010, 12:42 
Hey man, sucks to hear the subway didnt work out in the end!! It really did look awesome, but I can understand how it would just add another huge level in the map. It's always a compromise with multiplayer isnt it!! ahh well...

Lol at first I thought you had implemented a brain removal device in the map!! I thought "that would be interesting to see in action" till I finished reading that line!! :P

The mall bunker concept would give a strategic advantage if it gives you extra buy area's. That sounds like it could work well. You could even link it to something that could give a perk inside the energy building, provided you decide it will not loosen the gameplay too much.

I'd be honoured to help you out with the final draft with gameplay/multiplay idea's! It'd be cool to see what can be done to help focus the fight towards the final moments of the match. See how to create a real frenzy in that energy building for getting a nuke. I'll definitely rack my brain for that one, and I must keep checking here daily after work so I don't keep you waiting.

I'll try think of something novel but I'll work under your guidance so start developing a rough idea of how to use the layout of the map for the different methods we have discussed before. I should also try keep in mind ways so that teams have a similar advantage in defence, that can be quickly reversed by the other team if the battle swaps direction. It will be interesting, hopefully it will work! :)
  Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 17.06.2009, 12:26Posts: 1941Location: South Africa Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 23.09.2010, 13:24 
lol @ brain device

cool beans on helping with finalising the map, thanks dude.
The honor is mine to have you ideas included ;)

I should have most things wrapped up by the end of this weekend.
Maybe without the other bunker..i tried to get it under the glass pyramid for the last 2 days but FPS just wont let me :(

It has to go inside the mall now.

PM me your email addy, the file is about 25mb's so I should be able to send it on Sunday night. We can go from there.

Looking forward to your help psyphtoix...thanks man

Post Topic:
PostPosted 28.09.2010, 12:06 
small update...

psyphtoix's brains and ideas are busy at work and so far FPS is drastically improved and work to completing this map and making the gameplay unique is underway... :cheesy:

Good to have u on board dude!

Post Topic:
PostPosted 08.10.2010, 07:52 
small update

with psyphtoix's help the map is starting to gel nicely, thanks a ton dude u saved the FPS :)

the shopping centre is nearly done ..just need some more decals
the main energy building just needs a bit of tidying up
the terrain is almost there
buyzones are done
last thing to do is finish off the placement of the last 2 bunkers

look forward to your feedback and suggestions

Post Topic:
PostPosted 09.10.2010, 07:00 
here's some town screenies of our work to date :)

Post Topic:
PostPosted 09.10.2010, 23:29 
the bunker/bar/rave :)

the windows rotate vertically for sniping/shooting through
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 24.02.2009, 20:40Posts: 1636Location: South Africa - Pastyland - Somewhere, you make the decision. Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 10.10.2010, 00:15 
Amazing work, I'm loving the last three screenshots.
I have an idea that would fit the scene, use textured lights with the texture of a small red dot and use it at every angle of the lazer lights in which it shines onto the ground. If you enable shadows on the light it would show on a person head when ever the person walks into it.

Second plan, make an area trigger for if someone walks into one of these lazer sensors to trigger an area lockdown with the siren (annoying alarm sound), the whole area closes and the onliest way to escape is through the air vents. To disable the alarm is too go to the alarm switch at the entrance of the room which is on the outside of the (caged) door (on area lockdown). To do so you need to go through the vent and disable it so that the doors open again and the area lockdown is stopped.

It's just an idea, I think that would be kind of interresting don't you think?

Last edited by Jacques Briel on 10.10.2010, 00:39, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 15.02.2008, 14:13Posts: 2735Location: Greece Likes: 5

Post Topic:
PostPosted 10.10.2010, 00:53 
Aah... Glad to see an update on this project Bladestar!
Your work is excellent! Keep it up.

I'd fill the room a bit more though, as it's kinda empty!

Post Topic:
PostPosted 10.10.2010, 08:49 
Thanks for the ideas Jacques and mr Geo :)

uhmm..psyphtoix has made the bar upstairs into a bunker so the layout is to encourage fighting and prevent bunker raping...but give enough access points to and from it so people can spawn and go ...or defend..whatever they prefer :)
the lock up is a great idea Jacques..but will have to keep it in mind for another map...thanks a ton though :)

I will add some tables and things...any other brushes u know of in the library that i could use in here?

by the way, attached the vertical opening window :)

Post Topic:
PostPosted 10.10.2010, 11:05 
here's the other 4 story side
User avatar   Trainee TraineeMember since: 25.02.2008, 00:55Posts: 129Location: Germany/Hamburg Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 14.10.2010, 02:27 
awesome :D keep us updatet ;)

==greetings to all my fans :D==
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 25.01.2010, 15:54Posts: 2053Location: Moscow, Russia Likes: 57

Post Topic:
PostPosted 15.10.2010, 18:33 
WOW MAN! Loving it! Huge work. Some new ideas that i like most from all your cool stuff: neon lights, lasers, fontains, shiny advertise signs, escalator. :happy:

Loving God gives you Happiness, Knowledge, Strength and Freedom.
AURAYAMA on Crydev & AURAYAMA in Russia :)
Portfolio: AndreyFilantrop on deviantART
Life by FlowGraph!

Post Topic:
PostPosted 18.10.2010, 11:21 
thanks Andrey and drunkenmonkey for the awesome feedback :)
glad u like the new stuff..also found the scar light so i have added it for spotlight effects ;)
can u think of anything i should add?

thanks to the Helbirden in the Assets section of the forum I now have Sketchup and the import tool for SBox working so I can make the models required to finish this off :)
definately need to fix the bar tables and finally i can make round things lol

Psyphtoix is also working on the sound for the map, he's done a lot of work on the map in general to and i can honestly say that without his input this map would have been canned because the dp's were off the chart and he has gotten the MP zones working in a way that should really enhance the gameplay

thanks again dude!

will add some screenies here in the next days
thanks again for your feedback..
much appreciated :)
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 25.01.2010, 15:54Posts: 2053Location: Moscow, Russia Likes: 57

Post Topic:
PostPosted 18.10.2010, 15:30 
Hmm, u know, its that case when nothing to add here, there is no lack of something... Maybe if i made that map, ive added some flowers to lawns to make outer environment a bit more diverse like interiors and to make TOD a bit lighter. But it wouldnt give much changes to great views really...:D

Loving God gives you Happiness, Knowledge, Strength and Freedom.
AURAYAMA on Crydev & AURAYAMA in Russia :)
Portfolio: AndreyFilantrop on deviantART
Life by FlowGraph!