View unanswered posts | View active topics

Forum lockedPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 04.04.2010, 18:17Posts: 1389Location: Canada Eh ! Likes: 20

Post Topic:
PostPosted 10.11.2010, 02:47 
Thanks for the feedback ! Appreciate it !

@andrey_filantrop - I just implemented a user controlled DOF effect via keypress ingame. So, if you're not a fan of DOF like myself, you can simply turn it off. I notice a 2 fps drop when using DOF as well.

@fligmin - Thanks man ! There is actually no DOF in any of these pics!

@Blablah - Yes, It is a custom skybox.

@TerrorBlast - Thank you kindly !

@Vanity Assassian - Cheers ! I may release .cry file, not sure yet.

@Florry - Performance is the same as stock maps. Performance is key. A good looking level that plays at 1 fps is useless. lol. This is the reason why the level took me longer than usual to make, optimizing.

@balloon - PM sent !

@D_wolf - Thanks man !

@VinoBob - Thanks ! Means alot !

I will have some new pics tommorrow, showing the different areas of the level. The level is quite large.

:D

Last edited by ultranew_b on 10.11.2010, 02:53, edited 1 time in total.

Beginner BeginnerMember since: 04.11.2010, 01:50Posts: 31 Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 10.11.2010, 03:00 
Nice stuff, I suggest you take a look at the ToD, you can do better with that part. ;)
User avatar   Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 18.05.2009, 18:28Posts: 567Location: Vancouver, Canada Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 10.11.2010, 07:01 
Wow, very well done.

Are you basing this off of any specific part of Canada? or is it a combination of different canadian biomes.

Looks abit like British Colombia to me.

Buona Fortuna (good luck).

I'm not racist! I hate everyone equally!
  Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 06.11.2007, 21:56Posts: 1844Location: Here Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 10.11.2010, 14:23 
Well damn son, that is one fine piece o' skybox you got yourself there then.
User avatar   Hardcore Modder Hardcore ModderMember since: 23.09.2008, 15:36Posts: 802 Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 10.11.2010, 15:37 
Quote:
Originally posted by ultranew_b
@fligmin - Thanks man ! There is actually no DOF in any of these pics!

Must be why it looked fine to me. LOL. Looking good keep at it. My only concern I guess would be performance - we will just have to wait and see. These kind of maps look spectacular but usualy have bad frame rates(to much large forested areas) Time will tell. But it sure looks nice! Very nice! I worry I won't be able to play it (I usualy don't get to far if its jerky no matter how nice it looks) - Not knocking the map - actually knocking my own or reminding myself why I did not take this route even though I like it so much ;) :tongue:
User avatar   Superstar Dolphin Superstar DolphinMember since: 16.08.2004, 10:46Posts: 9879Location: Finland Likes: 185

Post Topic:
PostPosted 10.11.2010, 16:04 
The scenery surely is looking great, I love these kinds of forest environments - they're still not too common in Crymod. Keep up the work and please release soon! :)
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 04.04.2010, 18:17Posts: 1389Location: Canada Eh ! Likes: 20

Post Topic: Update #1
PostPosted 11.11.2010, 04:49 
Glad you guys like it, means a lot coming from you guys. You guys are a tough crowd to please ! lol

@TheAmmoGuy - Thanks, I've experimented with quite a few. I keep returning to this one.

@ItalianPride - Cheers man ! Yes, it is based of the rockies in B.C. Although, I live on the other side of the country! lol But, I did visit the rockies in my youth.

@Blablah - Well thanks Pa ! lol

@fligmin - I understand your concern about performance. I've spent a lot of time optimizing this level. A good looking level that runs like crap is totally useless ! If you can run the Crysis levels fine, then you can run this level. I get the same performance as the stock levels.

@the_grim - Cheers man ! I'm working diligently to get this sucker out pronto! Still has some beta testing to be done.

Update#1

Here are a couple more pics of different areas in the level. The pics also showcase the newly added DOF effect. The DOF effect is player optional. You can turn it on or off with a keypress as much as you like ! lol

Image Image

There will be another update within a day or two. So, check back!

Cheers !

Last edited by ultranew_b on 11.11.2010, 05:15, edited 3 times in total.
  Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 19.07.2009, 06:18Posts: 254 Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 11.11.2010, 05:23 
perhaps you could add a thing or two from this level? just for ... inspiration? :D MyForest
  Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 04.01.2008, 02:08Posts: 1494Location: Germany Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 11.11.2010, 05:35 
..it looks good

more trees perhaps :))

User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 25.01.2010, 15:54Posts: 2053Location: Moscow, RussiaStatus: Online Likes: 57

Post Topic:
PostPosted 11.11.2010, 09:30 
So colourful! Oh, how i love that silent landscapes...The nature is something between northern European and Himalayan. Is it a region of Great Lakes? I guess u made you level while looking at the window ;) BTW, i write scientific work about water purification and learned lots of interesting things about Canadian water research at the region of Great Lakes. I use some of that data in my work :)

Loving God gives you Happiness, Knowledge, Strength and Freedom.
AURAYAMA on Crydev & AURAYAMA in Russia :)
Portfolio: AndreyFilantrop on deviantART
Life by FlowGraph!
  Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 17.06.2009, 12:26Posts: 1941Location: South Africa Likes: 0

Post Topic: RE: Update #1
PostPosted 11.11.2010, 13:11 
this is looking fantastic!
great work Ultra dude!

Post Topic: Update #2
PostPosted 13.11.2010, 02:06 
Appreciate the feedback !

@nap007rz - I tried out MyForest. It looks decent. It was unfortunatly, a slideshow on my rig. :(

@chicken2 - Thanks man ! If I put any more trees in, performance may tumble. It's carefully balanced now, keeping the level optimized to run smooth is my first priorty.

@andrey_filantrop - Cheers man ! Appreciate it ! It is inspired from the rockies in British Columbia actually. I live on the other side of the country near the great lakes. I have visited B.C, it is incredibly beautiful country. Very inspiring!

@Bladestar - Glad you like it! Your level looks amazing, look forward to running around it !

Update#2

This update shows a couple of the custom models I created and textured for Ridge. A small log cabin and the behemoth Caterpillar dump truck!

Image Image

Stay tuned for another update and release real soon. I'm in the process of porting the level to run in Crysis still. Barring no serious issues reported in beta testing the level should be released within a few days.

Cheers !

Last edited by ultranew_b on 13.11.2010, 02:06, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar   Hardcore Modder Hardcore ModderMember since: 23.09.2009, 19:59Posts: 999 Likes: 29

Post Topic:
PostPosted 13.11.2010, 22:28 
how did u get these amazing mountains? is it custom object or voxel object or just a great texture on normal terrain?

Beginner BeginnerMember since: 19.10.2010, 03:08Posts: 15 Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 14.11.2010, 00:14 
Quote:
Originally posted by .gametime.
how did u get these amazing mountains? is it custom object or voxel object or just a great texture on normal terrain?

Skybox. It's a static background picture I guess...
User avatar   Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 14.10.2008, 20:14Posts: 508Location: Glasgow Scotland UK Likes: 1

Post Topic:
PostPosted 14.11.2010, 01:14 
Can't wait to try this out look really nice love the placement of the trees&river running through, dumptruck brill must say great;)