View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 01.12.2007, 20:29Posts: 521Location: Germany Likes: 3

Post Topic: Adventure/fantasy/LOST-type movie - 20.000 pixel screens ins
PostPosted 07.03.2008, 03:04 
Tag Line :

A couple of teenagers decide to go on a trip in their final days of summer holiday. But their innocent little trip turns into something else when they discover something beautiful beyond words and terrifying at the same time

click for 1920 res pic :

remixed by Chrome235 :

higher resolution

work in progress movie frame / or poster

This will be short movie, made with the help of the Crysis editor, along with other software like 3ds max, compositing software ..and so on.

The screenplay is an original idea, and even though it is similar with the LOST TV-show, it is not at all inspired by the LOST series, as the screenplay is in fact an adaptation of a book wrote at least 10 years before the LOST.

The script is almost finished and the voice actors are almost cast. It will also feature custom sound effects and music. You can watch a demonstration of a previous movie done by me, complete with sound, in the following post.

I am looking for a talented level designer willing to work for this movie. You don't have to design a complete level, only the part visible in the movie. I think it's also ok to just modify the existing levels included with Crysis as this movie will not be a commercial product, even though as this movie is in fact a previz for a following real live filmed movie. I hope I'm making sense here :)

I will also need someone who knows how to work with characters/people in Crysis. Example : taking a character, putting him on a plane and make him walk, run ..and so on.

Some render test models / ground study to see the quality we aim for this movie

The following is with vegetation included

I will also put here a tutorial on how to "synchronize" Crysis editor with several other 3d software. It's more of a hack or "cheat" but it works.

-----------------

higher res

higher res

------------------------
Short proof of concept movie :

higher quality movie :
http://movie.vam-u.de/html/proof-concept-01.html

Low quality youtube :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbmRmrx47OA

HD 720p - don't forget to press the HD button
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys8reX86pWM

----------------

some tests :

--

Last edited by sebastian___ on 05.05.2011, 12:59, edited 8 times in total.

User avatar   Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 16.12.2007, 22:37Posts: 572Location: Lompoc...where else? Likes: 0

Post Topic: RE: Adventure/fantasy/LOST-type movie - poster inside
PostPosted 07.03.2008, 03:14 
OMFGBBQSAUCE!

Is that actor real or fake?

Here's for my 3rd (or 6th?) modding project, and the hope that it all goes well!
User avatar   Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 23.01.2008, 01:45Posts: 534Location: gone fishing Likes: 0

Post Topic: RE: Adventure/fantasy/LOST-type movie - poster inside
PostPosted 07.03.2008, 03:16 
course its fake but sounds interesting
what do the kids find a nanosuit LOL kidding

You need glasses
  Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 01.12.2007, 20:29Posts: 521Location: Germany Likes: 3

Post Topic:
PostPosted 07.03.2008, 04:21 
As stalecookie said, of course it's real (as in - a real girl - not 3d). I'm not that good :P
Finding a LOST nanosuit in the woods :) . Lol. And taking it home and playing pranks in school. :). (just kiddin, there isn't such thing in this movie)

User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 28.12.2007, 05:42Posts: 1414Location: Hell, seriously. Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 07.03.2008, 07:09 
I hate to say it, but there aren't any Original ideas in this world anymore. Your whole thing sounds pretty cool, and the poster looks great, but regardless, this idea, or something closely similar, has definitely been done before.

Hope it works out for you though, sounds pretty interesting. Just don't turn it into something resembling Lost, Turistas, something else close to it. While they were good enough, the whole "Stranded on an island/tropical area with deep, dark surprising secrets" theme gets old really fast.

Good luck though.

Post Topic:
PostPosted 07.03.2008, 07:52 
You're right, every original idea you might thing you have, almost certainly, somewhere, someone probably did it already.

BUt I was saying something else with the "original idea" statement. First : it's not a cover of a well-known movie, like a Star Wars fan movie, or something. And second, even if it has some similarities with some known movies (after all it's an adventure/fantasy movie, and adventure movies are alike, in a way), it has some ideas in it, not encountered (by me at least) in other known movies.

But basically, yes, the part where a group of teenagers somehow found themselves in a journey to a mysterious place where suddenly weird things start to happen, yes, that part is similar with many other movies.

But no, the story (and everything else) is pretty different compared to LOST. And I repeat, the story was wrote ten years before the LOST tv-show.

User avatar   Has no life Has no lifeMember since: 27.12.2007, 01:50Posts: 6478Location: Nottingham Likes: 4

Post Topic:
PostPosted 07.03.2008, 08:02 
Should be interesting, will look forward to it. Will always watch a machinima, whichever engine its made in. I think, just take the word "Lost" out of your title...I don't really see any relevance to it in your storyline and especially if you wrote the plot a while back, there is no need to associate yourself with the show. Hope to see more soon.

Associate Producer - New World Interactive

Post Topic:
PostPosted 12.06.2008, 05:58 
Testing, and trying some "looks"

-

-

User avatar   24/7 Modder 24/7 ModderMember since: 22.11.2007, 17:08Posts: 4907Location: Switzerland Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 12.06.2008, 11:08 
very nice :D keep up the good work ;)

-> SQUAD COMMANDER - a complete squad at your commands - go wherever you want / do whatever you want
----------
-> MAXIMUM CHALLENGE - a complete SP modification - the real hard campaign / more enemies / more action
----------
-> TANA's: Tactical Alien Nanosuit Attachments - Alien nanosuit attachments to expand and increase your abilities
----------
-> AGILITY FLOWGRAPH - Do amazing wall runs and jumps, grab edges and climb and jump everywhere. Have fun!
  Hardcore Modder Hardcore ModderMember since: 17.11.2007, 21:25Posts: 941 Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 25.06.2008, 19:24 
Holy ****!

Level Artist

www.helderpinto.com
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 15.02.2008, 17:24Posts: 2604Location: sweden Likes: 2

Post Topic:
PostPosted 25.06.2008, 19:27 
just gotta ask are you god ?

RIP Pepsi 1999-2010. Computer 8 gb ram 460 gtx 1 gb amd phenom II x4
User avatar   Superstar Dolphin Superstar DolphinMember since: 16.08.2004, 10:46Posts: 9864Location: Finland Likes: 174

Post Topic:
PostPosted 25.06.2008, 19:52 
Looking really good, and an interesting idea. ;) You should've participated in the Crysis versus reality contest... :P
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 30.10.2007, 23:57Posts: 1421 Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 25.06.2008, 20:39 
They look so realistic :D

Need Help with Flowgraph, Mapping Skills or just want to Learn the basics of mapping?
Then hop over to Crymod's Wiki today.

Post Topic:
PostPosted 27.06.2008, 01:06 
Thank you all. Please check back here in a few days as I will post a very short movie with a custom animation character.

Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 15.04.2008, 01:48Posts: 227 Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 27.06.2008, 08:45 
This is impressive. You're using the CryEngine to make a movie!!! Wow!!! :)

What an amazing use for a game! :)

Last edited by mike3 on 27.06.2008, 08:46, edited 2 times in total.