View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

Beginner BeginnerMember since: 01.01.2011, 19:35Posts: 1 Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 01.01.2011, 21:17 
Great job :)
Actually i never played crysis before, but decided to try it to chek this out, because i'm a great fan of BTTF :)

Can anyone tell me an easy way to drive this car in a game itself, not in a editor?

Last edited by JcJet on 01.01.2011, 21:22, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar   Crytek Staff Member Crytek Staff MemberMember since: 09.01.2008, 01:11Posts: 11243Location: Crytek HQ Likes: 835

Post Topic:
PostPosted 02.01.2011, 05:36 
You should be able to spawn the vehicle with "i_giveitem Delorean", or whatever the car is called specifically in-game.

You have to be in -devmode to use that console command though, so to do that you add -devmode to the end of the "target" line in your Crysis shortcut. So it should look something like:

"C:\Program Files\EA\Crysis\Bin32\Crysis.exe -devmode"

No dev/modding PM's please, use the forums! :)
Achievement Unlocked: Wear the Winter avatar all year.
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 29.01.2010, 19:37Posts: 3 Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 05.01.2011, 20:22 
Can someone just convert it so that it can be opened with 3ds max ?? I just wanted to do some nice renders.

with best wishes,

hectorox
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 27.08.2009, 01:35Posts: 1509Location: Canada Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 06.01.2011, 06:47 
PM The original content owner really nicely if you can use his model with full credits, otherwise, don't bother, nobody's going to illegally 'convert' the model for your purposes.

User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 17.09.2008, 11:14Posts: 54Location: Vancouver Likes: 1

Post Topic:
PostPosted 28.01.2011, 10:24 
Tirido. Simply amazing.

I love what you've made here.

I'm trying to figure out how to make my own custom vehicle. I'm a Maya/3DS max artist and I have years of experience with both packages. I've made a few levels in Sandbox2 but nothing major. I would like to dig a little deeper and make something interactive. But there seems to be a lack of information out there for us beginners to Sandbox 2 who would like to make custom vehicles.

In my opinion, you seem to have mastered it. The BTTF Delorean is exquisite. Can you find the time to write a tutorial on custom vehicles for the Crymod community? PLEEEEEZE?

ASUS Notebook G73Jh Series
Intel Core i7 CPU
8 GB RAM
64 Bit Windows 7 Home Premium
User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 11.01.2011, 04:14Posts: 14Location: states Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 29.01.2011, 05:15 
Quote:
Originally posted by Prisoner747
I've been having problems with the Delorean... If I place it in a single player map everything goes very screwey. I can't move around and the Delorean seems to just hover in space.
If I put it in a MP map like Mesa, it works and I can drive it, but I can't activate the time drive.

Help?

you can always open the single player map within Sandbox, and add the DeLorean...

i even REPLACED a suv in the SP mission, with the delorean, its funny to see the ai hop in and drive it...

User avatar   Hardcore Modder Hardcore ModderMember since: 16.06.2010, 11:41Posts: 868Location: West Lafayette, Indiana Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 29.01.2011, 15:22 
wait just one minute, i_giveitem works for vehicles too?

BEWARE: Flaming aliens are generally more grumpy than normal ones.
User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 11.01.2011, 04:14Posts: 14Location: states Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 29.01.2011, 22:22 
Quote:
Originally posted by da3dsoul
wait just one minute, i_giveitem works for vehicles too?

nope.... giveitem is just that, gives YOU the item.. if it worked for vehicles...how would you hold it..?would probably cause a crash in crysis

you would need the proper command and the X and Y axis numbers of WHERE to place it.

like... i_spawnvehicle Air.Asian_Helicopter1 1,1 (spawn close to you)

Beginner BeginnerMember since: 22.03.2011, 17:08Posts: 1 Likes: 0

Post Topic: Error
PostPosted 22.03.2011, 20:30 
I'm having the same problem Ssyrmik had, I do exactly what it says (where to install it, how to place it etc) but the model doesn't appear in the sandbox.

Could it be because I'm running a 64-bit windows?

Otherwise, from watching the videos, this looks awesome! :D
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 21.08.2010, 15:06Posts: 3 Likes: 0

Post Topic: Re: DeLorean (Back to the Future)
PostPosted 02.02.2012, 22:14 
I'm actually surprised to see that no one has yet used the DeLorean in a Mod or tried it to port to CryEngine3 (or has this already been done?)

There are so many great possibilities for this awesome car :P

Of course for a mod the setting of Crysis would need to be completely different to make it authentic so thats probably going to be a hard piece of work but cmon guys, its a DeLorean Time Travling machine right here, no other game/engine has something like this (in this quality)! :)
User avatar   Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 11.11.2007, 20:35Posts: 239Location: Ankara/Turkey Likes: 12

Post Topic: Re: DeLorean (Back to the Future)
PostPosted 15.02.2012, 13:13 
Quote by Triver:
I'm actually surprised to see that no one has yet used the DeLorean in a Mod or tried it to port to CryEngine3 (or has this already been done?)

There are so many great possibilities for this awesome car :P

Of course for a mod the setting of Crysis would need to be completely different to make it authentic so thats probably going to be a hard piece of work but cmon guys, its a DeLorean Time Travling machine right here, no other game/engine has something like this (in this quality)! :)

It has begun. ;)
viewtopic.php?f=310&t=83431