View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

Beginner BeginnerMember since: 04.04.2011, 00:39Posts: 32 Likes: 0

Post Topic: Re: Cry-Styves' Diary of a Madman (Version 0.9 released)
PostPosted 04.04.2012, 07:17 
Noodles, actually, I had a similar idea to yours but before I did a complete rei-nstall I figured i would delete the "shaders" folder from my games, and took off all the mods except for Xzero's new Shaders. Voila, that did the trick. No more graphical errors. It seems you just have to let it compile the Shaders first before you throw any mods on top. I ran DX10 and it worked beautifully!

As far as Vignetting, i'm not sure about that, perhaps someone more knowledgeable will help you.

FOR ALL WHO GET ERRORS:

STEP 1: TAKE OFF ALL MODS EXCEPT CRY-STYVE'S SHADERS
STEP 2: DELETE "SHADERS" FOLDER IN MY GAMES
STEP 3: RUN CRYSIS AND LOAD A LEVEL TO COMPILE THE SHADERS, MAKE SURE NO ERRORS APPEAR!
STEP 4: ADD ALL YOUR MODS AGAIN
STEP 5: ENJOY THIS BEAUTIFUL GAME (:

I used this with XtremeFX2, HighResolutionFoliage, Nanosuit Ultra Mod, and Rygel's texture pack. No compatibility issues!

User avatar   THE Shader Guy THE Shader GuyMember since: 11.09.2008, 21:08Posts: 3048Location: Frankfurt Likes: 47

PostPosted 05.04.2012, 16:20 
For vignette:

Find this line in PostProcess.cfx: "float fVignetting = saturate(1.h - (fScreenCenter - 0.35h) * 0.5h);"

Increase the 0.5 to get stronger vignetting, and increase the 0.35 to get a larger radius.

Beginner BeginnerMember since: 01.05.2011, 07:03Posts: 23 Likes: 0

PostPosted 05.04.2012, 16:43 
hi cry - steves i have a question... how can i change the motion blur camera to get the same effect in mods like Quality Mod or EIM? thnks!!
User avatar   Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 22.07.2011, 09:25Posts: 248Location: Ukraine Likes: 0

PostPosted 05.04.2012, 21:38 
Quote by Scorpio82Co:
hi cry - steves i have a question... how can i change the motion blur camera to get the same effect in mods like Quality Mod or EIM? thnks!!

flowgraph :|
User avatar   Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 22.07.2011, 09:25Posts: 248Location: Ukraine Likes: 0

PostPosted 05.04.2012, 21:40 
Quote by Cry-Styves:
For vignette:

Find this line in PostProcess.cfx: "float fVignetting = saturate(1.h - (fScreenCenter - 0.35h) * 0.5h);"

Increase the 0.5 to get stronger vignetting, and increase the 0.35 to get a larger radius.

man, do you know how fix this shadows in DX10 mode?
  Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 01.12.2007, 20:29Posts: 521Location: Germany Likes: 3

PostPosted 08.04.2012, 12:52 
Is it possible to have an object, let's say a plane but with soft margins ? Just using soft margins with alpha channel texture is not enough because if the plane will touch/intersect another object it will not be soft anymore.

The particles have this (along with the "ocean" type soft) but I'm not sure how a regular object (with a texture) can have this. Just a custom shader is enough ? Or a special object is also required ?

For now a workaround would be to use particles with a single generated object. But having a geometry object in the scene with this feature would be much more helpful.

User avatar   THE Shader Guy THE Shader GuyMember since: 11.09.2008, 21:08Posts: 3048Location: Frankfurt Likes: 47

PostPosted 09.04.2012, 11:35 
Absolutely. Just need to check the depth buffer and do a fade at intersections. The water does this as well as fog and particles. :)

Beginner BeginnerMember since: 09.04.2012, 13:59Posts: 1 Likes: 0

PostPosted 09.04.2012, 14:15 
hi,
i was wondering if it would be possible for you to make the shadows render properly with 3d vision?
the profile seems to fix most issues already and i can see that it could look really amazing but the shadows kinda ruin it.
  Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 01.12.2007, 20:29Posts: 521Location: Germany Likes: 3

PostPosted 09.04.2012, 17:27 
Hey, good to know it's possible and it's easy. I will use this in my next project. Thanks.

User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 13.05.2011, 15:56Posts: 36 Likes: 0

PostPosted 14.04.2012, 12:35 
Hey Styves, where can I find your tutorial on point light color bleeding?
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 04.04.2011, 21:01Posts: 18 Likes: 0

PostPosted 15.04.2012, 17:00 
Styve, how can i remove the blue tint?

And how can i use only the lens flares excluding the rest of the shaders?

PD: awesome work !
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 06.01.2010, 12:10Posts: 1161Location: Safe House Likes: 2

PostPosted 17.04.2012, 19:56 
Quote by ASOT:

And how can i use only the lens flares excluding the rest of the shaders?
PD: awesome work !

Same Question here. :))

http://tomyum72.deviantart.com/gallery/
" Adult Supervision Is Required ! "
ฝันเป็นจริง :) :)
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 22.04.2012, 09:58Posts: 1 Likes: 0

PostPosted 22.04.2012, 10:01 
Quote by elforeign:
For some reason i am getting a blue sort of shader error on all trails of smoke and in occurences when i walk over water, where there should be tracks it's just a solid blue sort of graphic error. It seems to be a particle effect as it also happens every time a barrel explodes, or any explosion for that matter. Also behind the fighter jets where the smoke plumes should be coming out of the engines.

Also, the Korean Jeeps, the ones with the guns on top, the whole front part of the wheel assembly is missing, so you can't see the front wheels.

This seems to be my only issues with these new shaders, I figured i'd point them out.

I run it on DX9, because on DX10 the foliage does not show up at all, anything that should be foliage is just all grey.

I use this shader package in conjunction with Xtreme FX2, Rygel's texture update, and Silent's High Res Foliage. I'll attach some pictures with the graphical errors. It seems to me like they are purely particle shader problems, but I may be wrong.

I have the exact same issue.

Anyone know how to fix this?
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 06.01.2010, 12:10Posts: 1161Location: Safe House Likes: 2

PostPosted 29.04.2012, 23:23 
Quote by Cry-Styves:
For vignette:

Thank you for this.

2 ingame screenshots,level island:

http://tomyum72.deviantart.com/gallery/
" Adult Supervision Is Required ! "
ฝันเป็นจริง :) :)
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 06.05.2011, 21:01Posts: 4 Likes: 0

PostPosted 08.05.2012, 15:36 
Hi! Well, first, sorry for my engish, I'm spanish.

I've been reading this thread (not all the pages, but a lot of them) and maybe because of my poor knowledge in engish, but I can't undestand. My question:

1- How many .pak files I'm suposed to copy to the "game" folder?

Because in the first page there's a file (8 mb, zz_XzeroShaders.pak), but then, in page 103 I see another .pak file (called shaders.pak, 32 mb). So.... Should I overwrite the shader.pak file and then copy the zz_XzeroShaders.pak file?

Another question: Should I add the -devmode to the shotcut to make it work or there is no need?

The last question: I only have one mod, the Rygel textures. I need to remove those texture files from the "game" folder or there is no need?

Hope you undestand muy poor english and my questions, and thanks in advance.....