View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Trainee TraineeMember since: 23.03.2010, 17:18Posts: 157Location: Argentina Likes: 0

Post Topic: Could someone build a Tree to climb branches ambush soldier
PostPosted 03.07.2014, 13:19 
Well ... its something that I always want it. A Tree to climb branches like predator films to ambush soldiers. I remember the alien camouflage betwwen the leaves . I think it would make more interactive the action with the nature of the maps

Could someone build a Tree like that ? Pleaseeee ????

I EDITED because I confused some words

I was talking about a Tree where Nomad can get ONE special branches with a BASIC SUPER JUMP with MAX Strengh and be able to stay there

I wrote CLIMB instead SUPER JUMP , my mistake
Thanks for reading

Last edited by hellhammer on 05.07.2014, 17:40, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar   Database Support Database SupportMember since: 04.05.2009, 13:47Posts: 2875Location: Germany Likes: 123

Post Topic: Re: Could someone build a Tree to climb branches ambush sol
PostPosted 03.07.2014, 13:22 
The tree isnt necessarily the problem. You'd need mechanics and also animations for it. Possibly some more IK stuff etc.

Very complicated.

Lighting/Level Artist

working at metricminds

Portfolio: http://www.behance.net/Zezeri
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 19.09.2009, 09:30Posts: 2601Location: Finland Likes: 170

PostPosted 03.07.2014, 15:14 
Quote by Zezeri:
The tree isnt necessarily the problem. You'd need mechanics and also animations for it. Possibly some more IK stuff etc.

Very complicated.

And given the fact you'd need the moving branches to deform the physics proxy...

Highly doubt it's doable in any reasonable, non-hacky way in CE3 without direct access to CryPhysics and Cry3DEngine.
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 17.10.2011, 22:44Posts: 1393Location: GreeceStatus: Online Likes: 228

PostPosted 03.07.2014, 15:17 
Quote by RaZoR-FIN:
Quote by Zezeri:

Very complicated.

And given the fact you'd need the moving branches to deform the physics proxy...

Highly doubt it's doable in any reasonable, non-hacky way in CE3 without direct access to CryPhysics and Cry3DEngine.

And without wasting a 3 digit number of hours working on it lol

VFX Artist
Portfolio :http://ciartsist.weebly.com/

MWLL Dev.
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 19.09.2009, 09:30Posts: 2601Location: Finland Likes: 170

PostPosted 03.07.2014, 15:26 
Quote by DieByZer0:
Quote by RaZoR-FIN:
Quote by Zezeri:

Very complicated.

And without wasting a 3 digit number of hours working on it lol

Yeah, common issue now that the code is filled with all the untold deprecated features, it's painful to even write an actor from scratch that can move properly now. In my opinion, the CE2 codebase was much cleaner in terms of getting things done...
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 17.10.2011, 22:44Posts: 1393Location: GreeceStatus: Online Likes: 228

PostPosted 03.07.2014, 15:27 
Quote by RaZoR-FIN:
Yeah, common issue now that the code is filled with all the untold deprecated features, it's painful to even write an actor from scratch that can move properly now. In my opinion, the CE2 codebase was much cleaner in terms of getting things done...

Yea it will get sorted, Imo it's because CE2 had only a couple of builds in the trunk, This new CE3 has a few builds for Crydev, Builds for CIG, Builds for a hundred other companies too. Hopefully soon it will be cleaned up as it already started merging to less branches.

VFX Artist

MWLL Dev.
User avatar   Database Support Database SupportMember since: 04.05.2009, 13:47Posts: 2875Location: Germany Likes: 123

PostPosted 03.07.2014, 15:30 
There's a SDK branch which gets delivered to most licensees.

CIG, for example, merges this "general sdk" with their engine branch with its custom branches.

So crytek doesnt really have much to do with the CIG build

Lighting/Level Artist

working at metricminds

Portfolio: http://www.behance.net/Zezeri

PostPosted 03.07.2014, 15:31 
Thats good to know Zezeri thanks.

VFX Artist

MWLL Dev.
User avatar   Trainee TraineeMember since: 23.03.2010, 17:18Posts: 157Location: Argentina Likes: 0

PostPosted 04.07.2014, 01:39 
I thought that the creation of the Tree , it was like a Tree with solids in the branches
Sometimes I see people making new trees and I dont see any animation
  Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 26.01.2010, 01:17Posts: 1146 Likes: 29

PostPosted 04.07.2014, 03:43 
It'd probably not be too difficult, there are already basic systems like ledge grabs and such, plus the ladder, working from that code would make it less a chore.
You could even prototype it or make a basic system now with ledges and ladders, set up a prefab of a tree and the grab points, ladder on the trunk. Might need custom tree mesh for branches you could walk on. It'd use stock animations, but you could change that too through code or mannequin/character editor.
Climable trees would be brushes/prefabs, mixed with regular vegetation painting, it'd probably work well.
I'll try it out, not sure how well the ledge grabbing works, be a fun test anyway.

PostPosted 05.07.2014, 17:36 
AAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhh Now I understand you people you are talking about an advanced modeled Tree where Nomad the character can grab with his fingers to the Trunk and then begin an animation when he get to the branches like a ladder.

I was talking about a Tree where Nomad can get ONE special branches with a BASIC SUPER JUMP with MAX Strengh and be able to stay there

I wrote CLIMB instead SUPER JUMP , my mistake I will edit the first post