View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 10.02.2013, 14:44Posts: 35 Likes: 0

Post Topic: Crysis Warhead Music to Crysis
PostPosted 05.03.2014, 00:16 
After releasing 2 character mods recently, I finally turned my attentions to an idea I had.

Often when playing Crysis 1, I notice that while the music during huge fights is good, it doesn't seem quite as epic or action packed as the music in Warhead. So that gave me an idea to import Warhead's music into Crysis 1.

The result? A rather successful mod.
Took some time to work out which tracks were which in Crysis 1 so I knew which ones to replace, but got there in the end thanks to using the Cryengine editor to find out exactly what music the levels use.

Now I should say that I only concentrated on replacing the music played during the big fights, such as the harbor, village and the aircraft carrier. Crysis 1's more peaceful music is still there in right bits. I did replace the menu music as well though.

So that you know exactly what you're getting, here's a list of what music is replace in what level.

01 Contact: Only the music played during the jump from the aircraft is changed. Everything else in that level remains the same.

02 Recovery: The village battle music is changed. Works regardless of going in stealthily or guns blazing.

03 Relic: KPA compound music is changed as is the digsite.

04 Assault: Pretty much any time you get into conflict, Warhead music will play.

06 Awakening: The music when inside the mine is changed as is the fight with General Kyong.

08 Paradise Lost: A few tracks during the fight against the aliens.

09 Exodus: No intentional changes were made, but because that level uses music from other levels, some of them sound different to the game.

11 Reckoning: The Admiral's speech, the fight against the Exosuit, the fight against the Warship and also the very last track during the final cutscene is changed.

Menu music and loading screen music is also changed.

This is the first proper version of the mod so I am planning to possibly add to it. I can't currently think of any new ideas though. However, if you have any suggestions for music I could change I am happy to listen.

In the meantime, I hope you enjoy this and that it'll make your Crysis experience that much better. Just simply place the zz_WarheadMusic.pak folder into your Crysis/Game directory.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7sddm ... ic+mod.rar

User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 13.09.2012, 09:06Posts: 43Location: Norway Likes: 1

Post Topic: Re: Crysis Warhead Music to Crysis
PostPosted 06.03.2014, 13:40 
is this legal? because if you dont own the warhead game, would it be pirating then? :p
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 15.01.2011, 23:00Posts: 1227 Likes: 28

PostPosted 06.03.2014, 14:05 
What...The...Fungus ?(

"The cake is NOT a lie!"

NO support via pm!
User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 10.02.2013, 14:44Posts: 35 Likes: 0

PostPosted 06.03.2014, 15:25 
I took all the music tracks from my own copy of Warhead. So I'm pretty sure it is legit.
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 15.01.2011, 23:00Posts: 1227 Likes: 28

PostPosted 06.03.2014, 15:35 
Uhm think again...you take them from yours and release it for public :whistle:

"The cake is NOT a lie!"

NO support via pm!

PostPosted 06.03.2014, 16:54 
Yeah... that's what I just said.

Am I missing something here?