UPDATED links + a DX10 limited versionDIRT SHADER v0.71 for renders with Alpha Channel
- info here DIRT SHADER v0.7.pak
- 7 presets includedDX10 DIRT SHADER v0.7.pak
- - 2 presets only and 7 sliders missing - more info here
FINALLY I had a little time to finish the Dirt Shader. SO HERE IT IS! Sebastian proudly presents
: The Dirt Shader
- the first shader with custom added sliders I believe on Crymod (I didn't read actually the whole forum so tell me if this is not true so I can delete this BOLD statement
And the first shader with sooo many sliders
While this is not the first release of the shader - it's the first notable one.
Pictures with various Dirt Shader presets
zoom in How to install and useQuick tutorial for making your own slider in a shader
I decided to create a new thread dedicated to this.
In this thread I will post multiple different Dirt Shaders and maybe other users can post here shader presets for the community.
Adjusting the Dirt Shader in real time - gif animation :List of features :
- Many sliders and colors
- two different dirt layers on a model each one with their own settings
- Unlike the Frozen layer - the dirt layer could be different on each 3d model
- The existing Frozen Material / layer would not be deleted / replaced
- multiple types of dirt materials / presets
- different types of frozen looks - increased ice / only ice / only snow
- oily mechanical parts
- rusted irons
- mossy water pipes
- wet surfaces without the drops and flows
- and of course dirty , dusty objects
- Models using this would appear to have higher quality because the dirt shader is procedural so the dirt, ice, or moss would have infinite resolution (at least in theory).
I will copy here the picture and progress from the old thread :
A gif animation with 2 different dirt layers - Frozen and Dynamic Frozen
You can use the dirt shaders for many purposes - like for adding moss and green stuff
A requested blood effect . Was made in 5 minutes. Probably with longer time - a better effect could be obtained
Looks disgusting super close-up blood effect
Using this shader will increase the textures quality - because the shader is procedural. It doesn't depend on textures resolution and quality. The rock textures looks higher quality with the shader :
Increased snow effect :
Other strange uses :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24AX-ekSjRQ
As a bonus you can export pictures with alpha channel - or transparency
real photo + CrysisHow to install :
Just copy the .pak file into the Game folder. Then go to the material editor / Material Layers Presets / Frozen - and select from the menu "Dirtlayer test v 0-1" . And on object properties check "Frozen" or "Dynamic Frozen" . Or both.Further instructions
- _Sta sliders affect the Frozen Layer. _Dyn sliders affect the Dynamic Frozen Layer.
- On a material with multiple submaterials it's easy to copy the settings you made on a single submaterials : Right click somewhere near the sliders - then "Copy Category" . Go to a new submaterial - right click and choose Paste