View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 22.08.2009, 03:15Posts: 255Location: Down Under on the long white cloud Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 22.10.2010, 23:04 
Quote:
Originally posted by 6644kp
I believe you must use a flowgraph for the rotors, check out some of the helicopters in the download section.

Yea but as long as you've got idle, start spin, spin loop, and end spin animations it should be fine. :))

User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 10.04.2010, 22:50Posts: 1230Location: In front of a computer Likes: 2

Post Topic:
PostPosted 22.10.2010, 23:10 
Quote:
Originally posted by Kerberus
Alright! Here's your car! :D Made a slight mistake in the beginning so the window is "Turned Around", but then of course, the picture was concept art, so yeah! :P

Also, now I'm out of requests (I only need final comments from Mystichobo, Stollengrollen and the others on their requests.) so some new requests would be fun! I will try to create and script a helicopter so stay tuned about that!

can you put it in game and post it? also can you pm me or email me the source files?
User avatar   Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 26.04.2009, 09:30Posts: 307Location: Aboard a Tyranid Hive Ship hovering over Sweden Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 22.10.2010, 23:48 
Quote:
I believe you must use a flowgraph for the rotors, check out some of the helicopters in the download section.

Um... The normal Crysis helicopter doesn't use flowgraphs, so the persons who used flowgraph made a "Glue and Tape" Fix. :O

It already is In-Game! Will post a vid of me driving through THE WHOLE racetrack later tonight! :D :P (Or tomorrow) ;)

Also, I would send you the files and all, but I would need to Pak them before you can use them!

A not so wise man said:
"The world is never going to need more than 3 Computers." 8o
Now, look at how WRONG he was! :D

Image OH MY GOD! It's OVERPOWERING! :mad:

Last edited by Kerberus on 22.10.2010, 23:48, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 10.04.2010, 22:50Posts: 1230Location: In front of a computer Likes: 2

Post Topic:
PostPosted 23.10.2010, 00:08 
Quote:
Originally posted by Kerberus
Quote:

Um... The normal Crysis helicopter doesn't use flowgraphs, so the persons who used flowgraph made a "Glue and Tape" Fix. :O

It already is In-Game! Will post a vid of me driving through THE WHOLE racetrack later tonight! :D :P (Or tomorrow) ;)

Also, I would send you the files and all, but I would need to Pak them before you can use them!

I mainly want the .obj :D
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 21.06.2009, 02:00Posts: 1200 Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 23.10.2010, 00:28 
Quote:
Originally posted by helbirden9
This Unless you gotta buy it. :] :]

I think you can just download it, take it through 3D studio max and rig it, then export it to the engine.

That site has Crysis assets, such as vehicles and characters, for download. I don't know if that's legal. :rolleyes:

User avatar   Skilled Modder Skilled ModderMember since: 26.12.2008, 22:03Posts: 764Location: Rome Italy Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 23.10.2010, 00:45 
Quote:
Originally posted by Eternal-Dreamer
Quote:

I think you can just download it, take it through 3D studio max and rig it, then export it to the engine.

That site has Crysis assets, such as vehicles and characters, for download. I don't know if that's legal. :rolleyes:

i had the same thinking. and who, in crytek, has stolen the max files

Last edited by zukov on 23.10.2010, 00:56, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 05.12.2009, 17:36Posts: 59Location: Foggy Bottom Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 23.10.2010, 02:43 
For rotor animations you need to make an .anm file of the rotors turning in your modeling program.
I slapped together a quick model of a chanook and made two files called...
"asian_helicopter_landinggear_closing.anm"
"asian_helicopter_rotate_mainrotor.anm"
I suspect these names are hard coded because when I used custom names the animations wouldn't work.
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 21.06.2009, 02:00Posts: 1200 Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 23.10.2010, 05:19 
Quote:
Originally posted by zukov
Quote:
Originally posted by Eternal-Dreamer
Quote:

i had the same thinking. and who, in crytek, has stolen the max files

It's not just Crysis characters. It's also Final Fantasy, Star Wars, and I'm pretty sure World of Warcraft and Zelda, too.

Quick! Download them while you still can!! :D

Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 22.08.2009, 03:15Posts: 255Location: Down Under on the long white cloud Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 23.10.2010, 07:51 
Whoops, that means that the heli's probably illegal too. :p

Post Topic:
PostPosted 23.10.2010, 15:41 
Quote:
Whoops, that means that the heli's probably illegal too. :p

There's nothing on the site that says it's illegal (or legal), so no one can hold you responsible. :))

I wouldn't worry about it, Crytek would have found this site if it was that big of a problem, not to mention an Admin would have posted here already. I say download!

Post Topic:
PostPosted 29.10.2010, 06:27 
Kerberus are you still working on this?
User avatar   Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 26.04.2009, 09:30Posts: 307Location: Aboard a Tyranid Hive Ship hovering over Sweden Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 30.10.2010, 20:07 
Yeah, sorry for keeping you worried!!!! I have been stuck in realspace for too long! :P
Although I have sad news..... :( The Blackhawk model doesn't allow me to animate the rotors correctly!! ;( I can still finish it if you want me to, but there will be no animations....

Also, here is the video I promised!
[YOUTUBE]LVZBH-jQI_k[/YOUTUBE]

Any new requests?

A not so wise man said:

User avatar   Skilled Modder Skilled ModderMember since: 11.07.2008, 12:34Posts: 662Location: Finland Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 30.10.2010, 20:36 
Could you create a helicopter similar to the Scorpion gunship seen in Avatar movie? Link.

Some features for the request:
-2 seats, driver & gunner only (should be a relatively small copter ;))
-Very agile: Very manouverable, quite fast too (should look like an agile chopper too :D)
-Actual guns aren't necessary, you could make 2 versions (1 with guns, 1 with just gun mountings so one can add his own custom weapons ;))
-If by any means possible, "AI ready" = KPA can drive this thing (This isn't a must)

Well, what do you think? Could you do it? :) I know this is quite similar to the heli you already created, this would be a bit slimmer version..

If there's an exception to every rule, there must be an exception to the rule that there's an exception to every rule. How about that?
User avatar   Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 24.10.2010, 21:39Posts: 430Location: In the universe...(Netherlands) Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 30.10.2010, 20:42 
a AH64 apache! with 1 seat and normal velocity's. And a 25mm 6000rpm Gattling? if it is possible... and ai ready like above not a must. I want it sooo bad, is saw already an awsome AH64 but around 1 million poly's or something so thats a no go... Thanks in advance!

Here's some info about the heli:

http://www.fas.org/programs/ssp/man/uswpns/air/attack/ah64_apache.html

Hellow, i am ^^ today

Post Topic:
PostPosted 30.10.2010, 22:36 
@Jonzki1: I have seen that heli, it's so F-ing BADASS! :D Will do my best! :D Although I will probably not do ALL of the missile pods, since that would make it really complicated. :P

@LoNer1: Could do it, the shape is relatively square so it could work.... I'll give it a go!

Also, I was thinking about making a Halo Ghost and thought I would see what the community had to say about it, so I don't waste any time! :P

Edit: I have never been able to make the AI drive one of my vehicles, so a bit of help there would be appreciated!

A not so wise man said:

Last edited by Kerberus on 30.10.2010, 22:38, edited 1 time in total.