View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 19.12.2007, 02:23Posts: 52 Likes: 0

Post Topic: FighterMod fighter vehicle playable
PostPosted 18.07.2011, 23:59 
hello crymod community,

these last weeks i have started working on a flyable version of the fighter model available in crysis as a new playable vehicle class and i decided to release a first version today. a lot of features i plan to implement for this project are missing but all of these are not really necessary to play it. this is an alpha version and a lot of bugs are still there and not fixed yet but im working on to fix them fastly.

Actually the package only contains my custom model of the fighter and the custom dll of the mod. i dont have enough time to work on a specific map and im not really a good level designer (thats why i used in the video the island map for test it) so there is no map included in the package.

About the vehicle im using the vehicle editor to manage it. The fighter has only 4 views, cockpit view, arcade view, third person view and action third person view. i plan to create a custom views system and add a custom ui for the aracade view. I use vehicle actions to simulate landing gears, canopy, hoist and flaps animations. Some particles are included for engine and reactor like smoke and thruster . damages and weapons sytem are supported too and there are also particles effects for them . About weapons the fighter is armed of one gau cannon (machine gun) and an hellfire missile launcher (same as asian helicopter) but like the weapons system is not adapted to air to air fight (more air to ground) i plan to create an adapted air to air weapons system with specific missiles which could follow others fighters and also bomb.
About sounds, like i dont have specific fighter sounds i use the vtol sound package but i will change this later if i find free fighter sound.

Now about the gameplay actually its quite basic and not finished. Frictions, turbulences or aerodynamics forces are not really supported (landing is not really supported for example but u can try at ur own risk) but these features will be the first that i will implement in the next release (im actually working on).For now the fhter gameplay is more turned arcade than simulation but like simulation is my real goal for this project i have added a lot of new commands key to the actions map list (campared to others vehicles) for manage actions like reactor power, canopy, landing gears and all flaps animations. All new actions are listed in the manual included in the package.

Its preferrable that you play the fighter directly in the sandbox 2 instead of crysis. The fighter is playable in crysis the landing gear animation is buggy because i use the wheel system from wheeld vehicle for the fighter wheels and these last makes him bugs ingame. You can only play the fighter in a sp map but i plan for next release to work on AI and mutli support.

finally here is a little video about the fighter in action in island map:

sorry for the bad quality of the video

and here is the download : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VLUVUN7M

I hope u will like it. dont hesitate to tell me what do u think of it. Im also aware of your ideas that i could add to the project.

remember its work in progress yet but improvements will come soon.stay tuned for next updates.

bleutn

Programmer

User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 04.05.2008, 14:14Posts: 1076Location: Czech Republic Likes: 0

Post Topic: Re: FighterMod fighter vehicle playable
PostPosted 19.07.2011, 00:25 
very good work +1
User avatar   Has no life Has no lifeMember since: 02.02.2007, 07:25Posts: 5064 Likes: 210

PostPosted 19.07.2011, 02:59 
Greeeeat job! :D

I want HUD & lockon missile! :P
User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 12.12.2010, 10:19Posts: 21 Likes: 0

PostPosted 19.07.2011, 12:11 
Nice one!!, i love these fighters :D
GL with this project!
User avatar   Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 27.10.2007, 14:11Posts: 225Location: Germany, Berlin Likes: 0

PostPosted 20.07.2011, 00:36 
awesome, would you share you're sourcecode and can you tell me which .cpp files did you modify?

Last edited by Kenturrac on 20.07.2011, 21:01, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 25.01.2010, 15:54Posts: 2053Location: Moscow, Russia Likes: 57

PostPosted 20.07.2011, 17:45 
Epic one! The small idea: add automatic target locking system for rockets...and back view camera to look at target destruction ;)
User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 19.12.2007, 02:23Posts: 52 Likes: 0

PostPosted 20.07.2011, 23:42 
thanks all for great comments i hope u like the fighter and i plan to release an update this weekend.

Kenturrac: i dont plan to release source code for now. The reason i could share source is to people who could help to improve the project. All positions are needed and welcome. And about source files only gamefactory have been modified, rest is new.

andrey_filantrop: thanks for ideas mate

Programmer
User avatar   Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 27.06.2010, 17:54Posts: 382Location: Canada Likes: 25

PostPosted 21.07.2011, 03:23 
Looks very nice. I love the animations. This is an f-35, add a vertical take off feature.

PostPosted 26.07.2011, 16:38 
well sorry to all watchers but due to lack of time i wont release the promised update. I havent worked enough on the project to justify it. The project is freezed until september cuz i will be busy next month with unix and my programming school and its no more one of my priority now.

Programmer
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 18.01.2011, 08:16Posts: 10 Likes: 0

PostPosted 31.01.2012, 11:53 
heloo friends please give us fighter mod alpha tankyou.
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 18.01.2011, 08:16Posts: 10 Likes: 0

Post Topic: Re: FighterMod fighter problem
PostPosted 31.01.2012, 11:56 
please mr im cant run us fighter mod please give folder your system .
pleae please good man. 8o :O :rolleyes:
User avatar   Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 09.08.2011, 08:58Posts: 334Location: Moskow, Russia Likes: 4

PostPosted 31.01.2012, 15:44 
Please, can you upload this mod on mediafire?

PostPosted 27.02.2012, 17:51 

Programmer
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 19.02.2012, 01:45Posts: 24 Likes: 1

PostPosted 28.02.2012, 04:16 
How do i import this into the game. PLEASE help i have 2 vehicles of myself and i can't for the life of me figure out how to import
User avatar   Trainee TraineeMember since: 13.05.2012, 16:51Posts: 119Location: Turkey Likes: 8

PostPosted 08.11.2012, 18:03 
hey men please help me. how to install and use this plane in sandbox 2 ?(