View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

Beginner BeginnerMember since: 26.02.2012, 19:54Posts: 4 Likes: 0

Post Topic: can go thru objects
PostPosted 22.04.2012, 19:45 
Hi i imported model from 3dmax and i can see it i can put texture on it but when in game i can go thru the object. weird is that few of my first buildings i cannot go thru even if it have the same texture i can shoot at it and the building a meter next to it i can go thru :cheesy: .i read something about textures and collision but can somebody help me to understand what happend there and what can i do?

User avatar   Has no life Has no lifeMember since: 11.07.2008, 20:25Posts: 11740Location: Nottingham, UK Likes: 90

Post Topic: Re: can go thru objects
PostPosted 22.04.2012, 21:57 
Sounds like you need a physics proxy: http://freesdk.crydev.net/display/SDKDOC3/Physics+Proxy

Out now! CryENGINE Game Programming with C++, C#, and Lua
Ex-Crytek, now with Deep Silver Dambuster Studios
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 26.02.2012, 19:54Posts: 4 Likes: 0

PostPosted 23.04.2012, 23:28 
Thanx i will study this but im very interested in what i did i think it has something to do with textures cos when i started putting my objects in my map i remember i put there two buildings both was put together from moore pieces and beacuse they were dark i put some reflecting texture and than these two buildings was solid(meaning i cannot go thru).i think i played little with textures till i found some which was not invisible.And after few days i did export moore buidings and they are all not solid i mean i can go thru them.i understand that i need to create collision proxy but is possible put there some special texture?like asign to my object in sandbox some new texture with some subtextures?also i need to tell that these two first buildings stand on sandbox ground and solid and these other buildings stand only on solid? :)
User avatar   24/7 Modder 24/7 ModderMember since: 16.12.2007, 16:07Posts: 4713Location: Finland Likes: 12

PostPosted 25.04.2012, 13:41 
textures dont have anything to do with player collision.

http://www.TriangulateMesh.com
Quote:
(10:36:53 PM) puppy: crymono?
(10:37:00 PM) puppy: is that some sort of illness