Tools Feedback & Support

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

Beginner BeginnerMember since: 02.06.2008, 14:22Posts: 10 Likes: 0

Post Topic: particle helper faded and cant select
PostPosted 02.06.2008, 16:14 
hi, forgive me if this a noob question but i have somehow managed to get a particle stream to get stuck. the helper is faded and i cannot select it to move or delete it. im not entirely sure how i managed to do this. its as if its locked or hidden.

Post Topic: RE: particle helper faded and cant select
PostPosted 02.06.2008, 16:26 
wow that was fast, it does not show up any cubes in the objects when i hold space, it does on all the other objects in my map but not for the (now 2 objects) particle stream and the brush (cliff rock). i also cant see it in the select by name dialog. its as if its buggin out. i think it may be a hotkey im hitting accidentally during the creation of the object

Post Topic: RE: particle helper faded and cant select
PostPosted 02.06.2008, 16:37 
awesome, thanks man. i figured it out. i must have hit the hotkey for freeze. i was able to fix it by simply clicking the "UF" button on the top toolbar (blue icon with orange UF on it). i would assume this stands for unfreeze as its next to a button labelled "F".......... for freeze.

thanks for your rapid response busdriver, i hope this thread will save somebody their monitor in the future because i know i almost put my fist thru mine over this.