View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

Beginner BeginnerMember since: 27.10.2007, 10:01Posts: 62Location: Haleiwa, Hawaii Likes: 0

Post Topic: A few questions (HALP!)
PostPosted 27.10.2007, 10:13 
Hello Crymod forums. I've been looking forward to modding Crysis for a long time, and didn't get much help on inCrysis.com and the fileplanet beta forums, so I decided to register here and ask the people who know what they're doing. I have read the Crymod tutorial/guide and it was very helpful, but it doesn't touch upon what i'd like to know.

Anyway, here are my questions:

1) How do I spawn enemies that will react to me, fire at me, and work together/use cover just as the singleplayer AI would?
2) How do I give myself more than one of something using the flowchart? I tried making multiple C4 outputs but it didn't work.
3) How do I change the controls for the in-editor game? I am forced to use the default controls i'm not comfortable with.
4) Much like #3, how do I tweak in-editor graphics? I've got them pretty finely tuned in the SP demo and i'd like them to be identical.
5) How do I go to full-screen or save the level i've just made, with the flowcharts, AI, ect, and load it into Crysis?
6) More of conjecture than a question... Would it be possible to splice in files from the MP beta to supplement the missing files, such as the tank cannon and MG sounds? Or the MOAC/MOAR files (i'm assuming the files aren't present because I can't spawn with them).

Anyway, thanks for the help. If i'm violating the beta NDA in any way (seems unlikely but you never know) by talking about it, please tell me and i'll edit my post.

Also... Random question that is probably too early to answer... Do you think, based on what you have seen of the editor and included mod tools, a SP co-op mod is feasible? I wet myself thinking about it.

Last edited by kingberk on 27.10.2007, 10:18, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar   Trainee TraineeMember since: 27.10.2007, 08:11Posts: 161Location: Zoutkamp, Groningen, Holland Likes: 0

Post Topic: RE: A few questions (HALP!)
PostPosted 27.10.2007, 10:23 
you can make whatever you want if you have the skills for it, but i think you have to wait for the MOD SDK

'Retro' can be used to simply mean 'timeless' or 'classic'
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 27.08.2006, 13:33Posts: 1910Location: Austria Likes: 0

Post Topic: RE: A few questions (HALP!)
PostPosted 27.10.2007, 10:26 
The manuel will get updates in the next days I think.
1.)sorry, i do not know.
2.)sorry, i do not know.
3.) I do not know what exactly you mean, but there is a prefernce menue, maybe you will find your control settings there.
4.) I'm not sure but I think it depends on the graphics of the game.
5.) try what they have done to start your "mod" Total Conversion and Demo Sandbox
6.) I think it's not allowed to talk about. It is not good to see it here to dicuss about Beta things beause of the still woking NDA!

It's not much but maybe it helps, but the guroos of the genre will wake up soon :D

Coop mod? maybe, but there are already people working on it look here in the list, soon in our db:

http://crysis.4thdimension.info/forum/showthread.php?t=1004

Last edited by ---___db___--- on 27.10.2007, 10:33, edited 3 times in total.
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 27.10.2007, 10:01Posts: 62Location: Haleiwa, Hawaii Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 27.10.2007, 10:29 
Sorry, but what do you mean by nC?

Also, i'm pretty sure I looked at the preferences menu... I'll have to take a better look in the morning.

Last edited by kingberk on 27.10.2007, 10:31, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 27.08.2006, 13:33Posts: 1910Location: Austria Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 27.10.2007, 10:32 
Sorry, had forgotten to change ist, no Comment (I haven't worked with the CE2, and I'm already a little time away from the CE1 :D) So just wait until someone comes who knows the things ;) But try a little bit with the AI points ect. and look up in the demo leve how tey did it there ;) (Maybe the FC AI point setup will help you in the mealwhile)

I'm not sure about the menue, I have also to figure it out at the moment.

edit*

There you find the good old FC Manuals, maybe they can help you ;)

http://farcry.crymod.com/board.php?boardid=91

Last edited by ---___db___--- on 27.10.2007, 10:35, edited 2 times in total.

Post Topic:
PostPosted 27.10.2007, 10:35 
Quote:
Originally posted by ---___db___---
Sorry, had forgotten to change ist, no Comment (I haven't worked with the CE2, and I'm already a little time away from the CE1 :D) So just wait until someone comes who knows the things ;) But try a little bit with the AI points ect. and look up in the demo leve how tey did it there ;) (Maybe the FC AI point setup will help you in the mealwhile)

I'm not sure about the menue, I have also to figure it out at the moment.

yeah, i figured i'd look into the demo and see how they did it. i tried spawning into the mission that had AI build in already but the AI didn't react, sadly. probably because they had not yet been triggered by the player's prior movements (it being set up as a SP mission and all :P).

Post Topic:
PostPosted 27.10.2007, 10:42 
You are right, there is some trigger relation to the areas, which lets the enemies spawn. and then they react on you when you have places the ritgh AI point (the blues ones)

edit*
It seems that there are shapes which are combined with area AI triggers.

edit**
you can easily change the graphic mode by a the menuepoint: Config Spec

Last edited by ---___db___--- on 27.10.2007, 14:07, edited 2 times in total.