View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Trainee TraineeMember since: 20.04.2009, 10:12Posts: 195Location: Earth Likes: 0

Post Topic: Need Freeze Frame Like the Matrix
PostPosted 15.02.2012, 22:32 
Greetings All,

I am creating animations in the sandbox 2 and I'm wondering is it possible to freeze a particles system I.E "explosion" so that I can pan the camera around the frozen explosion similar to the matrix movie? I have had situation where particles have frozen in a level do to generating surface textures. This was an unintended occurrence, but very kool looking.

Ultimately I want to capture a vehicle wreak, freeze it and pan around it, then restart it. So is this possible? or ...Is there a way to freeze the game while AI/Physic are engaged?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!
KAKUBOT

In this world that you have entered, Things are rarely as they seem.

http://www.kirknowak.com

User avatar   Trainee TraineeMember since: 10.01.2010, 19:19Posts: 175Location: 13.7 billion light years away. Likes: 0

Post Topic: Re: Need Freeze Frame Like the Matrix
PostPosted 29.06.2012, 02:21 
I'm sorry to say that this is not possible without knowing c++/lua code. You can freeze the game with the time_scale 0 c-var but that also freezes the camera. How you would go about doing this is beyond me. One way you could rig it is have the time scale set to 0.1 or smaller and still have the camera fly around very fast. Note that the explosion will happen and not be totaly frozen.
User avatar   Trainee TraineeMember since: 04.04.2008, 07:59Posts: 121Location: Salt Lake Utah Likes: 0

PostPosted 03.07.2012, 09:55 
the Matrix had a ring of cameras all going at once. Try the same thing create a ring of cameras, time scale 0, switch active cameras
User avatar   Trainee TraineeMember since: 20.04.2009, 10:12Posts: 195Location: Earth Likes: 0

PostPosted 04.07.2012, 19:36 
Hey thanks for the post. I will try these ideas and report back.

THX
KAKUBOT