View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 15.01.2011, 23:00Posts: 1231 Likes: 29

Post Topic: CoD...need Weapons and Buildings
PostPosted 02.03.2011, 14:27 
Hey...
Currently I'm working on a (little bit more modern) remake of CoD 4 for Crysis...
now I need some new Weapons and/or buildings...for those who don't know CoD...ok EVERYONE knows CoD also I don't have to give an introduction.
What I need now are REMAKES of some (or better of all) CoD 4 Weapons (more information about them below) and arabian themed buildings.
Story: I changed the story from CoD 4 a little bit cause I don't want to order new enemies...also the story is like the original but with koreans not with terrorists...that changes a lot of things...especially the weponary of the enemies.

The following weapons need a remake:

M16: replaced with SCAR
AK-47: replaced with FY-71
RPG: replaced with LAW

G36C/P90: replaced with SMG
M60E6: replaced with shi-ten
W1200: replaced with Crysis shotgunn
M40A3/M21: replaced with the DSG-1
Other Pistols: replaced with SOCOM
Frag Grenade: replaced with Crysis grenade
Flashbang: replaced with Crysis flashbang
Smoke Grenade: replaced with Crysis smoke-grenade

Attachments: replaced with custom Attachments from Vert-X (thx vert...they are great

G3: don't know...if someone has an idea...ok...but is not necessary.
M14/MP44: no remake needed but if someone has an idea...
M249 SAW: if there's no other idea, I can replace it with a SCAR that only has drum-magazine. Otherwise create a modern Machine-Gun
M1014: maybe someone could create a korean shotgun...otherwhise I would replace it with the crysis-shotgun.

M4-Carabine: should be replaced with a Burst-Fire Weapon
MP5: should be replaced with a new only-silenced SMG (maybe like the SMG from Half-Life).
Mini-Uzi/Skorpion: should be replaced with AY-69 from Warhed (with working sounds ^^)
AK-74u: maybe a FY-71 themed SMG...shorter version of it with higher rate of fire.

RPD: if theres no better idea, someone can make a drum-magazine for the FY-71 but would be nice if anyone could create a Korean Machine-Gun
Dragunov: should be replaced with a korean version of the DSG-1...bigger magazine...lower rate of fire.
R700: should be replaced with a DSG-1 that has a preassembled silencer and some kind of special camouflage like dry leaves
Barret.50cal: should be replaced by a sniper-typed turrent with sniper-scope...should just be a sniper-rifle that can't be moved (like shi-ten).
Desert Eagle: should be replaced by a newer version of itself (more destrucion and a little bit rounded).

Knife: I don't know if there's already a army-knife made...should be replaced by one.

Show me your ideas and models...
For building designers...show me all your creations...I need arabic city buildings...I know there are already some but I need more...if you want examples I can make some screenshots from CoD and show you buildings that are really needed.

greetings

General Kaboom

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keyboard error...press F1 to continue!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The cake is NOT a lie!"

NO support via pm!
You look funny with your head so close by the screen ^^

Last edited by General Kaboom on 02.03.2011, 14:31, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar   Hardcore Modder Hardcore ModderMember since: 16.06.2010, 11:41Posts: 867Location: West Lafayette, Indiana Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 02.03.2011, 16:10 
I made a knife but it's not rigged, it's just a pickable entity.
it does not have a very complex uv map, just a box, but it has two separate materials for the blade and handle which make the textures very easy to edit.

BEWARE: Flaming aliens are generally more grumpy than normal ones.

Last edited by da3dsoul on 02.03.2011, 16:12, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 15.01.2011, 23:00Posts: 1231 Likes: 29

Post Topic:
PostPosted 02.03.2011, 16:28 
Also...can I kill someone with it?

Can you make it little bit mor like this:
and if not already made...animations.
This is an example for the animations [YOUTUBE]lDvPMt2Grcc[/YOUTUBE]

"The cake is NOT a lie!"

NO support via pm!

Post Topic:
PostPosted 02.03.2011, 17:35 
No one else ?????? Cmon guys...I can use every idea and model...

"The cake is NOT a lie!"

NO support via pm!
User avatar   Hardcore Modder Hardcore ModderMember since: 16.06.2010, 11:41Posts: 867Location: West Lafayette, Indiana Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 02.03.2011, 21:36 
I'll make the above one, but I can't do animations.

here you go its just a model and I included the max file in case someone wants to rig and animate it

Edit: yes you can kill someone with it just make a basic entity, use the model given, make it pickable and give it some mass. It will kill someone if you do that right (rigidbodyex's work too)

another edit: I updated the model on this post, I forgot to make it pickable right in max, so the previous version won't work right.

I'm sure you're familiar with this, but just extract the folder in here to Game/Objects/

Last edited by da3dsoul on 04.03.2011, 04:37, edited 2 times in total.
  Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 08.03.2010, 17:18Posts: 1764Location: Netherlands(NL) Likes: 6

Post Topic:
PostPosted 05.03.2011, 00:31 
Some of those already exist, and i'm currently working on some of those

So, are you asking for models? rigs? animators? modelers?

[22:58] <Leon35> even more proof that D_wolf cant argue
[22:58] <Leon35> he almost always redirects points to personal insults
[22:58] <D_wolf> says the pothead

Post Topic:
PostPosted 05.03.2011, 04:09 
Yaxxo, could you please look at the thread below this, I heard you're getting pretty good at rigging, and it could help a lot of modders learning about it. (Melee Weapon Template)