View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Trainee TraineeMember since: 01.08.2011, 11:51Posts: 139 Likes: 11

Post Topic: Re: Quality Mod v1.3 (DOF + ColorCorrection + SpeedPowerEffe
PostPosted 02.09.2011, 11:43 
Thanks!
I can create menu options buttons for you,but then I will need the script files from the libs/ui folder extracted from the latest patch.And as I cannot use the editor(32 bit)someone should upload them for me...

Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 18.01.2010, 23:11Posts: 1730 Likes: 1

Post Topic: Re: Quality Mod (DOF + ColorCorrection + SpeedPowerEffect)
PostPosted 02.09.2011, 13:03 
Quote by promuckaj:
Quote by wootwoots:
Quote by CHANCE-PHOENIX:
but i don"T see the point of DOF cuz the human eyes automatically focusses on the things it wants to see ... , any other way makes it feel FORCED and unnatural.

still , it looks cool .... for awhile ;)

Yes i agree with you for the unatural and forced for the DOF even if it look nice ^^

After a good DOF correction will be a DOF mask like when the player is zooming with a weapon, but for that you have to use a DOFmask texture, and no idea how its possible to do that via FG ^^

Hm! If I understand you, you mean that there is no need for DOF at all, it will be good and real if there is DOF only when using zoom via weapon?
This is not problem at all, I can make it on this way, but I think that there is must be a little DOF in gameplay, anyway you can choose one that you prefer(high, medium, low).

Info for all!
There is a new version of mod(v1.3).
Changelog:
-some fix on low DOF that I find(when using weapon zoom),
-now there is heartbeat when using fast run and power jump,
-color/contrast correction is minor changed, I add a little more saturation.

Everyone enjoy! ;)

P.S.: of course it is on first post.

No i ment, i would be more "realist" to be able to use a blur mask everytime but its a texture used for weapon zoom.

With the actual FG node we cant make a dynamic "circular DOF" like blur mask

And as CHANCE-PHOENIX said the none realist side of the possible dynamic DOF is that you foccuse only with the crosshair, but even if game you are not always necessary look where the crosshair is.

Its not a negative comment about this FG, since its working pretty nicely, but just a general comment ^^
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 04.05.2011, 17:12Posts: 1219Location: Belgrade Likes: 6

PostPosted 02.09.2011, 14:05 
@Lupus
Ok. No problem, I will extract those files and upload, then I will send to you. I am really interesting for some good menu.

@wootwoots
Ah! Now I understand what you meant! You are right, exactly, what I can do is to work via crosshair, this is something that I cannot change. It will be perfect if we have some sensors with big monitor, and game to have possibility to watch on to users eyes, so maybe it will be possible for game to make calculation and depend of that(where we look) to create Depth Of Field. Ah! This will be awesome, who know, maybe some day in future. ;)

Beginner BeginnerMember since: 02.09.2011, 17:44Posts: 4 Likes: 0

PostPosted 02.09.2011, 22:01 
Its works on MP too?
User avatar   Trainee TraineeMember since: 01.08.2011, 11:51Posts: 139 Likes: 11

PostPosted 02.09.2011, 22:52 
Quote by promuckaj:
@Lupus
Ok. No problem, I will extract those files and upload, then I will send to you. I am really interesting for some good menu.

Yep,upload that stuff and lets give it a try!Though you are going to have to create cvar commands in those level scrips,though.I think console_variables...
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 04.05.2011, 17:12Posts: 1219Location: Belgrade Likes: 6

Post Topic: Working and testing on new DOF!
PostPosted 05.09.2011, 11:09 
Since that DOF is working very fast, I mean there is very fast responding of focus depend where you(your crosshairs) look in the game, I though that maybe I can modify it and make it to work with some delays depend where you are in the game.
Right now I making some tests with my new version of DOF, I think it will be better for gameplay.
For example, if you are very close to some wall or object and looking to it, but you are close to the wall/object because you want to sneak around and be stealth behind your enemy, in that scenario DOF will do focus to that wall/object and this can be problem, you cannot see clear around the wall/object and where is your next step(maybe you want to run somewhere from that wall/object).
So, I think to make some delay of DOF in situation similar to this. So when you are close to some object DOF will make delay, for example 3 seconds, so if you are close to some object I think that 3s is enough to you to move around from that object, in other case DOF will do focus to that object, I think if you are looking to some object more than 3s it is OK to focus it, because you want that if you staring to that object in game. ;)

My opinion is that this, maybe, will be better for someone who playing very dynamic in game. Also it will be good to make delay when you using weapon zoom, so there is no situation when you want to zoom something but there is some little part of treetop or something and you get very fast response of focus to that little part, I think that this is unnecessarily, also I thought a bit to reduce the effect of DOF when you use weapon zoom, it is a little bit high.

This is something that I want to share with all of you who like my mod since that it is based on Depth Of Field.

It will be my pleasure to hear opinions from all of you and, please help me to make this to work like we want, to work perfectly. ;)

Post Topic: Quality Mod v1.4 NEWS
PostPosted 08.09.2011, 00:19 
Well, I prepared some new stuff! ;)
Right now I made some tests, and if everything is OK after good testing, I will post new version of mod, v1.4. There will be changes what I made in DOF, especially when using weapon zoom(there will be less blur), and new stuff, I think that it will be very interesting for some people, it was cam/head shake, when you walking and running, that I made.

PostPosted 08.09.2011, 14:27 
Sounds good!Shame about the menu but have you created some new buttons anyways?
Curious to see whats new!

PostPosted 08.09.2011, 15:05 
Quote by Lupus:
Sounds good!Shame about the menu but have you created some new buttons anyways?
Curious to see whats new!

Well, i did not change anything about keys yet! I can tell you that I think to change it but it is very difficult to satisfy all people, there is some that do not like the idea for Fxx keys, so I was thinking that maybe it will be god to live it for now, or make key with some combination of two keys, I do not know what to do. This is very hard job to decide what is good for a lot of users. ?(

PostPosted 08.09.2011, 21:13 
Ok,you`re right its fine by me but I`m still hoping you will create a seperate key for the hartbeat sound...I can change the keys myself :)

PostPosted 08.09.2011, 23:21 
Quote by Lupus:
Ok,you`re right its fine by me but I`m still hoping you will create a seperate key for the hartbeat sound...I can change the keys myself :)

Hm! It is not problem, I will see about that, but I must tell you that you are alone about this, maybe I will make this in next version. c c c BTW if you have problem with sound of heartbeat(it is not sound like heart) I post on first page in notes how to fix this issue. ;)
Anyway, I just finish with new version(1.4), so maybe tomorrow I will release it.

User avatar   Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 22.02.2009, 15:28Posts: 231Location: Brazil Likes: 4

PostPosted 09.09.2011, 03:18 
Quote by promuckaj:
Anyway, I just finish with new version(1.4), so maybe tomorrow I will release it.
Can you do a custom version from this v1.4 for me, mate?Like the last one (No Color Correction, D.O.F on low, no Speed effect).That would be great.

Keep on good working ;D
User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 05.10.2009, 10:02Posts: 50Location: America Likes: 0

PostPosted 09.09.2011, 08:14 
How did you get cam/head shake and heart beat to work finally? i thought the restrictions crytek made make it impossible to do? Or was that just the gun bobbing movement?

PostPosted 09.09.2011, 09:17 
Quote by Gezus23:
How did you get cam/head shake and heart beat to work finally? i thought the restrictions crytek made make it impossible to do? Or was that just the gun bobbing movement?

Heartbeat is not problem, it is working from the beginning, crossed my mind that I can use it and later I made it in my flowgraph, it is a part of my speed/power effect.
About cam/head shaking, I made my version from the beginning when I start using editor for Crysis 2, it is not just a gun bobing, well I test it a lot of, since that it was not working via flowgraph in SP, I find a way how to use it, I import cvars through script, but unfortunately it is not complete version of my cam/head shaking flowgraph, I mean it is not like I want it, but it is very good. Full version of my cam/head shaking is dynamic, and change the way of shaking depend of players movement, and this is hard to import via script since I use a lot of math nodes and other, I do not know is it possible to made it to work via script. Maybe some day, if Crytek do not unlock commands, I will find a way to import it in SP, who know. ;)

@BlackFire
No problem, of course, I will prepare flowgrp.

Post Topic: Quality Mod v1.4
PostPosted 09.09.2011, 13:45 
I finish and post new version(1.4).
Changelog:
-NEW!!! There is now cam/head shaking while walking and running,
-new realistic reaction of focus for near object, now there is a lag while focusing near object after staring to far object(most notably on high dof),
-when using weapon zoom there is more distance of focus, distance is increased for about 40%.

Everyone enjoy! ;)

P.S.: of course, links are on first page.