Post Topic: 【Download】 Alcatraz Mod 4
PostPosted 27.09.2011, 06:19 

Download Ready

Cell Police texture pack

Cell police theme is applied to the SCAR, Scarab, and Cell soldiers
So, I made new textures again! :p
But there some other new stuff too.

Marshall-Sniper variation

I added the assault, and sniper scope to the marshall. It was in previous Alcatraz mods but it didnt work. So "long story, short", it works now! :p

The Campaign

So if you noticed in the screenies, that in the mission "Dead Man Walking" it is a night time!
But it isn't the only night mission.

But there's more to it, than just the ToD tweak. Players can choose different routes slightly. I was going to allow players to climb buildings, but there are just so many issue's with that. So you are free but limited.

Beautiful Lighting! This is some of my best work... This mod has pushed my computer to the max, and it will do the same to yours. So be ready!

You will have a choice to pick "The Night Missions", or "The Beautiful Missions"

Stay Updated!

The Best Alcatraz Mod

When I play the "Night Missions" (which is the majority of the campaign now) It feels like a movie. Although, i cannot make new animations, I tried my best to make Crysis 2: Alcatraz mod a cinematic experience!

Force Reconnaissance Theme

Another new texture pack for the Marines. So now the Marines are green. Its actually very suiting! Not a standard camo for the modern U.S. Marines, but Force Recon Marines were a wide variation of camo's today!

Desert SCAR

So before the SCAR was completely "tan" colored. Now its partially. Its wasn't really nessesary, but it does look better! :evil:

btw making the textures for this mod was the most fun! But the weapon repositioning is my favorite :p

Weapon Repositioning

Well, I fixed the weapon repositioning from my previous mods. Its not annoying anymore (no more weapon stock to cheek bone action! :cheesy:) Thanks to the advice of the Crydev community!

Thermal Vision

Well the new thermal vision is not for seeing in dark places. Its for highlighting targets. Funny thing is that the original thermal vision was so bright, it was blinding. hehe :cheesy:

HUD

And finally, the "hud". So the energy bar, and the minimap radar, is gone. So its nothing but crosshairs! Why? Because Crysis 2 is already easy, and with the new nanosuit attachments, you are already strong as it is.

POST YOUR THOUGHTS!

Gameplay features

-Power mode ability
-DX 11 Optimized
-Cloak refraction (slighty absorbs more light)
-New Weapon repositioning
-Full Weapon attachments
-Full Nanosuit attachments
-Desert theme (texture pack)
-Alcatraz theme (texture pack)
-Cell Police theme (texture pack)
-High resolution Nanosuit HD
-Enhanced Illusion modification (Weapon-blurring and DOF)
-Stronger weapons
-Stronger AI weapons
-All Singleplayer levels Redesigned (Its Sandbox gaming)
-More Civilians
-DSG1 now has IRONSIGHTS
-Gauss now has IRONSIGHTS
-Crystal Clear graphics (No More Fuzzyness)
-Edited suit voice (Cebius)
-New Soundtrack (Cebius)
-Drivable Civilian Vehicles (Sava)
-Edited SSAO
-Deep immersive Shadows
-Rescaled Hud
-Rescaled letter font
-No camera restrictions when running
-No camera restrictions when sliding
-No camera restrictions when sprinting
-No camera restrictions when walking
-New thermal vision
-New ToD's
-Faster Vehicles
Theres seriously alot more, just forgot most of it. But you will be amazed!

POST YOUR THOUGHTS!

Last edited by USSR_GRAND on 02.06.2012, 03:41, edited 31 times in total.

Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 20.07.2011, 21:46Posts: 1426 Likes: 108

Post Topic: Re: Alcatraz Mod
PostPosted 28.09.2011, 06:13 
Alcatraz Mod 2 Old Version
http://www.mediafire.com/?6k4kwpxrikhjgro <= Download Old Version

Alcatraz Mod 3
===================================================
http://www.crydev.net/project_db.php?action=project_profile&team_id=303&project_id=293 <= Download
Alcatraz Mod 3 Patch
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ey3cdopee ... 0Patch.rar <= Download

[b][color=#FF4000]New Features

Texture Pack: Desert Theme, and Alcatraz Theme
New Attachments
Nanotek Nanosuit
Deep SSAO
Stunning TOD
New Soundtrack
Highlighting Thermal Vision
Powerful Weapons

Near D-O-F Mod

Exhilarating Gameplay and Amazing Graphics!

Extra Features
New visor Mode
New thermal vision
all weapons have been repositioned closer to the players shoulder
realistic transition in and out of cloak
All iron sights have been modified
More agile gameplay
New Levels Inspired by "Crysis 2: Wall Street Trailer"
Along with a new Nanosuit Showroom

Mod features
Replaced Armour mode with a new mode called Power mode
High resolution nanosuit
New power mode color
All weapon attachments added
New thermal vision
Graphics tweaked slightly (basically everything looks clear)
New Digital Cloak mode (Absorbs more light)

Gameplay features
Changed the weapon positioning
Smoother transition from shoulder to iron sights
Camera is no longer locked while sprinting (meaning you can see your feet while running)
Camera is no longer locked while sliding (meaning you can shoot behind you while sliding)
No hud
no bonus zoom
Realistic weapons
Sprint while aiming
You can assassinate without cloak mode

Post Your Thoughts!
, Rodney Faulk

Last edited by USSR_GRAND on 28.11.2011, 09:09, edited 2 times in total.
  Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 18.01.2010, 23:11Posts: 1730 Likes: 1

PostPosted 28.09.2011, 22:29 
i just gave a fast try to this mod, that look nice :p

And thanks to you now i know how repositionate the weapon ! finaly ! just a little question, what file did you tweak to enable assassination without cloak ?

and, what do the "power mode" ? :o

-the "smooth" transition from shoulder to iron is really really too slow, and somes visual "bug" appear especialy when using sniper scope.
- the sniper scope attachement for the Scar just look really really strange, you should tweak the scopefov when zooming, repositionate the sniperscope sight, you dont fire at the center when zooming.^

I didnt try all the mod modification, so thats all the "bug" i saw.

PostPosted 01.10.2011, 17:25 
Quote by wootwoots:

And thanks to you now i know how repositionate the weapon ! finaly ! just a little question, what file did you tweak to enable assassination without cloak ?

-the "smooth" transition from shoulder to iron is really really too slow, and somes visual "bug" appear especialy when using sniper scope.
- the sniper scope attachement for the Scar just look really really strange, you should tweak the scopefov when zooming, repositionate the sniperscope sight, you dont fire at the center when zooming.^

Hey WootWoot's im sorry about the late reply!
To enable assassination without cloak you have to edit Scripts\Entities\actor\Parameters\Player_Params.xml
this is what it should say
<Player>
<Params impulseBone="Bip01 Spine2" impulseScale="1.0" maxDist="1.2" extendedMaxDist="3.6" maxHeightDiff="0.75" angleRange="120" requiresCloak="0" cloakInterference="1" />
<Anims>
<Anim playerAnimation="stand_tac_stealthKill_human_1p_02" enemyAnimation="stand_tac_stealthKill_human_02" useKnife="1" />
<Anim playerAnimation="stand_tac_stealthKill_human_1p_03" enemyAnimation="stand_tac_stealthKill_human_03" useKnife="0" />
<Anim playerAnimation="stand_tac_stealthKill_human_1p_04" enemyAnimation="stand_tac_stealthKill_human_04" useKnife="0" />
</Anims>
</Player>

And about the scope bug, well that was always there. Its not really a bug, its just the way the game is. It was always there. if you play with out the mod you still will notice it, just not as easily.

And powermode basically allows you to sprint while aiming. you can also reload while sprinting

Post Topic: Re: Alcatraz Mod__________Update 2
PostPosted 01.10.2011, 19:58 
Oops, no wait sorry! Ignore!
Attachments:

Crysis2_2011_09_28_19_18_15_243.png
Crysis2_2011_09_28_18_34_03_946.png
Crysis2_2011_09_26_23_59_39_688.png

Last edited by USSR_GRAND on 26.10.2011, 02:13, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted 01.10.2011, 20:03 
Quote by USSR_GRAND:
Quote by wootwoots:

To enable assassination without cloak you have to edit Scripts\Entities\actor\Parameters\Player_Params.xml
<Player>
<Params impulseBone="Bip01 Spine2" impulseScale="1.0" maxDist="1.2" extendedMaxDist="3.6" maxHeightDiff="0.75" angleRange="120" requiresCloak="0" cloakInterference="1" />
<Anims>
<Anim playerAnimation="stand_tac_stealthKill_human_1p_02" enemyAnimation="stand_tac_stealthKill_human_02" useKnife="1" />
<Anim playerAnimation="stand_tac_stealthKill_human_1p_03" enemyAnimation="stand_tac_stealthKill_human_03" useKnife="0" />
<Anim playerAnimation="stand_tac_stealthKill_human_1p_04" enemyAnimation="stand_tac_stealthKill_human_04" useKnife="0" />
</Anims>
</Player>

And about the scope bug, well that was always there. Its not really a bug, its just the way the game is. It was always there. if you play with out the mod you still will notice it, just not as easily.

And powermode basically allows you to sprint while aiming. you can also reload while sprinting

Oooh! i was looking in this file, and i mess the "requiresCloak="0"" and no problem for the late answer :) dont worry

And thanks ! and another thanks, with your mod learned how to repositionate the weapon in the xml :)

btw, what the "power" mode do ? :p

PostPosted 01.10.2011, 20:11 
Quote by wootwoots:
Quote by USSR_GRAND:
Quote by wootwoots:

<Player>
<Anims>
</Anims>
</Player>

Oooh! i was looking in this file, and i mess the "requiresCloak="0"" and no problem for the late answer :) dont worry

And thanks ! and another thanks, with your mod learned how to repositionate the weapon in the xml :)

btw, what the "power" mode do ? :p

It allows you to sprint while aiming, jump a little higher, run a little faster, and reload while sprinting :)
Its kinda corny but I like the idea!

But hey You should Check out my New version!!!
It has new singleplayer levels, and more!

PostPosted 01.10.2011, 20:51 
Oh, reload while sprinting :O it work in MP, can be nice to get that again in SP, where do you changed that ? :p

going to check that after ^^
User avatar   Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 19.06.2008, 15:33Posts: 256Location: .it Likes: 0

PostPosted 04.10.2011, 11:49 
Nice mod man :) Could u realize a promo-video of your mod to show every change u made? :)
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 22.07.2011, 11:36Posts: 12 Likes: 0

PostPosted 04.10.2011, 22:17 
why is the mod folder cheptermachines ?

PostPosted 04.10.2011, 23:18 
Quote by lukegoodman2001:
why is the mod folder cheptermachines ?

Cebius created a mod called Chepter Machines, within the folder there is a batch file that works as a shortcut for the mod. So if I would've changed the name of the folder, then the batch file wouldn't work. (basically Im saying I cant make one myself)

But anyways, is the mod cool or does it suck!!!!!!!

User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 10.04.2010, 22:50Posts: 1230Location: In front of a computer Likes: 3

PostPosted 05.10.2011, 01:38 
Thank you so much! I have been waiting for someone to unlock all the attachments!
thanks.jpg

PostPosted 07.10.2011, 18:14 
Quote by blackhorizon:
Thank you so much! I have been waiting for someone to unlock all the attachments!
thanks.jpg

Glad you like it, dont forget about MCROBO and LUPUS. They made some of the XML files. I made the revolver, ay69, marshall, scar, grendal and edited the Jackal from LUPUS.
But most of the props goes to them! (Talented Modders)
Yeah but the AY69 is buggy, so is my Marshall.

Check out the NEW LEVELS

PostPosted 08.10.2011, 06:25 

Last edited by wootwoots on 01.02.2012, 07:52, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted 08.10.2011, 23:37 
Quote by wootwoots:
Just one thing about the weapons positions tweak.

Just do you realise that with a such view ( and handgun are even more higher oO nearly touch the top of the screen.... thats totaly crazy ) you loose nearly 50% of your screen !? mean, thats just totaly impossible to play with a such tweak

And worse, you wanted a "realist" shoulder weapon position ?

Just, with a such position, the weapon should be positioned like that ( with 3rd person view )
( and sorry for the horrible picture tweak, just made it in 2min )

When in reality the weapon is holded like that

that mean the Scarab should be positioned like that ( and still, compared to a "real" holding the weapon is still quiet high considering all the screen is your eyes view field. )

Oh and btw, when you enable a attachement who are not configured for the SP for a weapon, you need to add a line in the "<MovementModifiers" part of the weapon xml.

If not you will able to "run" while you zoom with a assaultscope, thats a bit strange ^^

Wow, well analyzed!
First I must state that everything in the MOD was intentional. My goal was to make all weapons appear larger. I didn't intend to ruin gameplay for you or anyone. Just by my perspective, it made gameplay more of an immersive experience for me. And I agree the pistols are positioned way to high, still seemed like a good idea though, from my perspective.

I also adjusted the movement modifiers so that the player can run while aiming.
So WootWoots, you analyzed the Mod very well, maybe you could have a look at the single player levels and tell what you think. Im curious to know what others think of the TOD tweaks I made. ;)

Crysis2_2011_09_29_07_24_21_177.png Seems like a good idea
Crysis2_2011_09_27_22_16_58_419.png TOD tweak
Crysis2_2011_09_28_19_18_15_739.png TOD tweak