View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 11.01.2013, 21:07Posts: 90 Likes: 29

Post Topic: Wrath of Gods
PostPosted 16.10.2014, 09:41 
Today guys i would like to demonstrate you one of my spectacular experiments with dynamic Weather_system.
No more words just watch video and tell what you think about it.

For few of you who curios about how its done take a look into mini Tutorial #5 at this thread http://www.crydev.net/viewtopic.php?f=355&t=126230

Why so serious CryDev?

User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 11.01.2013, 21:07Posts: 90 Likes: 29

Post Topic: Re: Wrath of Gods
PostPosted 16.10.2014, 17:54 
Re uploaded video should work now!

Why so serious CryDev?
  Hardcore Modder Hardcore ModderMember since: 27.03.2013, 15:12Posts: 838Location: The netherlands Likes: 93

PostPosted 17.10.2014, 22:01 
The only real thing i am missing is the rolling fluffy clouds and the rolling thunderclouds that you see coming from miles away.

I love the strato clouds though.
Overall very nice!
Ow and maybe make a nice lightning sprite :))
Some transitions looked almost perfect!
Yet some seem to jitter a little

Awkwardness...
The feeling you get when you notice your the only one viewing your thread...

Even worse...when its not a yoke...

Aft Grand staircase HP 90%

PostPosted 18.10.2014, 08:00 
Quote by DGrimProductions:
The only real thing i am missing is the rolling fluffy clouds and the rolling thunderclouds that you see coming from miles away.

I love the strato clouds though.
Overall very nice!
Ow and maybe make a nice lightning sprite :))
Some transitions looked almost perfect!
Yet some seem to jitter a little

Reason of jittering on the video is my crappy pc. Test real thing.

Main problem is that people seems don't understand that Weather_system is fully configurable, you can make any clouds: VolumeClouds, DistanceClouds, Skydome, you can change lightning sprite, speed, appearance or even make frogs fall from sky!

Its not a usual portfolio showcase project, its actually working and you can actually play with it!

Why so serious CryDev?