View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Hardcore Modder Hardcore ModderMember since: 08.12.2009, 01:33Posts: 952Location: Glasgow,Scotland Likes: 39

Post Topic: [SP]Tesseract : Continuum [Revamped Storyline & Video Test]
PostPosted 16.07.2011, 12:01 

CONTINUUM CryEngine 3 Wip Mod

*Continuum V1 Beta Download*

project_db.php?action=project_profile&team_id=1151&project_id=1137

This is a Crysis 2 modification based around a secret offshore facility is very much wip rite now.

StoryLine So Far :
The year is 2112 , Earth scientists develop a device utilizing exotic matter & anti matter to open a portal to another dimension.
Scientists send a probe into the portal but something goes wrong .. the probe disapears but a small frequency of sound came thru the portal at the same time they lost contact with it.
All contact with the probe was lost but it did transmit some sort of sound back to earth , this sound contained what sounded like thunder and rain ..

The scientists only had one conclusion about what this ment , and that was the probe must of ended up on another planet but somehow all communication was lost.
Not wanting to send any humans through the portal and not wanting to loose another probe , all the scientists could do was wait and hope for a signal from the probe.

Unkown to the earth scientists was that the probe had infact arrived on an a planet that was inhabbited by a highly advanced civilisation and its enhabitants (The Gurou) , with there advanced technology managed to trace where the probe had originated from

The Gouru, supprised that such an uncivilised and not very advanced species such humans have developed such a technology and are immeditly concerned about them sending more probes or even sending a living being through the portal. This would be a major threat to the Gouru as humans could bring deadly diseases to there planet and endangour the Gouru species.

Almost immediately the Gouru send a scoutship to intercept earth , locate this portal device and destroy it.
*Shots below taken from WiP Promo Trailer*

Meanwhile on the other side of the galaxy a bran new earth space station detects the alien vessel and sends a signal to earth , but will the signal get there before the scout ship ?

The scout ship on its long journey made much shorter by there light speed technology pass through a cloud of highly charged ionized plasma witch unkown to them damaged some vital components of there craft.
The Gorou scout ship with earth insight prepare to enter the earths athmosphere , While entering the earths atmosphere there heatsheild fails and sends the craft plummiting into the ocean somewere of the cost of japan.

Detecting an unidentified object aproching earth , earth military forces observe the alien vessel crashing into the ocean and send USS Ilustrious & USS Victory and a fleet of helicopters to investigate the crash site. Eventually the debri of the crashed alien vessel is taken abored the USS Lustrious and transported to highly secret military base.

The military base , only known as base alpha is where top scientists study and experiment with many technology's and is where most downed alien craft are taken.

Many days pass by but eventually the scientists manage to open the hull and discover 4 uncounsious unkown lifeforms.

The four aliens are taken to a lab in the base were they are experimented on to find out more about there origin.

Meanwhile , the Gorou who sent the scout ship that crashed into earth send another much larger war vessel to orbit the earth using there cloak technology they observe the earth and with there advanced tech scan the earth to locate the 4 gouru that have been taken captive by the humans.

*Shots below are of the Huge Alien Vessel Leaving there galaxy (not had time to take shots of it orbiting the earth*

*Alien Warship WIP Interior*

The huge vessel then beams down a group of aliens into the base with there mission being to destroy the portal and secondly to rescue the four aliens that were being held by the humans.
But, unkown to the Gorou is that one military scientist with a vast array of advanced weapons at his disposal will stand in there way ..

Base CarPark Pics :

Credits & Big Thanks Goes To :

Assets :

Kingdan = Vehicles
SamFisher45 = Weapons
Xzero = Solar System Assets
xanes = Continuum Poster
helpsl = Usable Crysis 1 Vtol
Sava = FireTruck & Policecar & Drivable Vehicles Mod
Garysovan = Pepsi Machine

Music = Paul Edmiston (Tiesto)

Voice Actors :

CellGuy1= ghostninja55
CellGuy2 = Nexon
The General = Joshdis
Cell Leader = (Tiesto)
HazardMask Guy = Andrew Gorman
Portal Room Scientist = Andrew Gorman

Last edited by Tiesto on 05.01.2013, 06:53, edited 54 times in total.

User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 06.01.2010, 12:10Posts: 1161Location: Safe House Likes: 2

Post Topic: Re: CarParkV2 (Download link)
PostPosted 16.07.2011, 12:10 
:D Buddy,it was awesome in Crysis 1...but now its incredible !!!
User avatar   Has no life Has no lifeMember since: 02.02.2007, 07:25Posts: 5202 Likes: 253

PostPosted 16.07.2011, 12:27 
Wow! Looks great! I like this :D
User avatar   Crytek Staff Member Crytek Staff MemberMember since: 09.01.2008, 01:11Posts: 11154Location: Crytek HQ Likes: 819

PostPosted 16.07.2011, 12:29 
8o

No dev/modding PM's please, use the forums! :)
Achievement Unlocked: Wear the Winter avatar all year.
User avatar   Hardcore Modder Hardcore ModderMember since: 08.12.2009, 01:33Posts: 952Location: Glasgow,Scotland Likes: 39

PostPosted 16.07.2011, 13:19 
Thanks all and thanks to Crytek also , CE3 is alot more efficent to work with , as well as handling over 60+ lights in this map with little performance impact).

Last edited by Tiesto on 30.09.2011, 19:01, edited 1 time in total.
  Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 01.05.2010, 16:17Posts: 590Status: Online Likes: 69

PostPosted 16.07.2011, 14:05 
wow :O
Makes the CE2 version look like puke.
User avatar   Skilled Modder Skilled ModderMember since: 15.04.2008, 13:25Posts: 759Location: Russia, Moskow Likes: 34

PostPosted 16.07.2011, 14:23 
Now on CE3.. downloading :)
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 11.02.2011, 12:44Posts: 14 Likes: 0

PostPosted 16.07.2011, 17:08 
dude!you rock my world! how can i say thank you!!~
User avatar   News Posters News PostersMember since: 04.12.2007, 03:23Posts: 11787Location: Hamar, NorwayStatus: Online Likes: 712

PostPosted 16.07.2011, 17:24 
This is really nice man! ... my guess the e_screenshot and the screenshot alternative (viewtopic.php?f=326&t=69923) isn't working the way it should? ... I understand to get higher than native resolution on the alternative screenshot solution you need a DX11 card.

Downloading it now and trying it out tonight :) ...

Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 17.06.2011, 10:49Posts: 1473Location: Germany Likes: 7

PostPosted 16.07.2011, 18:43 
with Editor I get this, in game it works but some missing objects too.

Intel Core i5-2500K
ASRock P67 Pro3
8 GB DDR3-1333
GTX560 2GB
Win7 x64
User avatar   News Posters News PostersMember since: 04.12.2007, 03:23Posts: 11787Location: Hamar, NorwayStatus: Online Likes: 712

PostPosted 16.07.2011, 20:56 
I get the same problem but atleast i have a floor =P

User avatar   Trainee TraineeMember since: 30.06.2009, 20:21Posts: 119Location: France Likes: 0

PostPosted 16.07.2011, 21:21 
Real life need graphic update ... :O
User avatar   Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 01.07.2011, 21:28Posts: 436 Likes: 0

PostPosted 16.07.2011, 21:34 
Me rikey.

PostPosted 16.07.2011, 21:41 
Quote by Lavizh:
This is really nice man! ... my guess the e_screenshot and the screenshot alternative (viewtopic.php?f=326&t=69923) isn't working the way it should? ... I understand to get higher than native resolution on the alternative screenshot solution you need a DX11 card.

Downloading it now and trying it out tonight :) ...

Ah that is good news about e_screenshot working on Dx11's cards :))

About the error's , it could be the levels materials and some textures are referenced to "Levels/CarParkV2/textures + Materials " .. i think thease errors are just file structure/mod structure related , Looking into thease issues rite now! , Thanks. :))

Post Topic: Re: CarParkV2 (Download Early Test Version)
PostPosted 16.07.2011, 22:02 
No dude. Crytek is working on a fix for e_screenshot right now. It's confirmed. With Post Process Effects.
But it doesn't work quite yet. The Alternative r_GetScreenShot = 2 is working. But only DX11 cards are able to achieve beyond native perspective view / monitor resolution. So i'm pretty screwed myself until i get my DX11 card.

Check viewtopic.php?f=326&t=69923 for details on the Alternative Capture.