View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

Beginner BeginnerMember since: 24.01.2012, 20:29Posts: 18 Likes: 0

Post Topic: Re: THE DAY AFTER mod - New area
PostPosted 25.01.2012, 04:09 
Hey do you know how to fix this? my game does not restart after I install a mod! I donw know what to do please help! :(

User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 18.10.2011, 02:04Posts: 1516Location: Tulsa, OK Likes: 20

PostPosted 25.01.2012, 04:11 
Quote by OCASM:
All I would change from those images is the reflection amount. I think it's a bit high.

Other than that, they look great :D

Okay, also i really need to get a video up, reflections aren't too bad, and everything looks really good in motion, but I wish I had a really high quality video recorder, but all i have is fraps sadly. But thanks for the critiques, i will work on that.

"The DAY AFTER" set in an open world Chicago and NY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... DOjN0mAfGQ
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 18.10.2011, 02:04Posts: 1516Location: Tulsa, OK Likes: 20

PostPosted 25.01.2012, 04:14 
Quote by ribado09:
Hey do you know how to fix this? my game does not restart after I install a mod! I donw know what to do please help! :(

sorry man no idea, also why dont you post your problem on general discussion

PostPosted 25.01.2012, 04:55 
Well ok I guess I'll download another one to see if its the mod that is not launching...anyway how's the mod going? did you progress a lot? xD I'm waiting for it :D is going to be openworld right?

PostPosted 25.01.2012, 05:23 
Quote by ribado09:
Well ok I guess I'll download another one to see if its the mod that is not launching...anyway how's the mod going? did you progress a lot? xD I'm waiting for it :D is going to be openworld right?

Yeah it will be openworld, and it has progressed a lot, but it wont be all of chicago, thats simply to hard to do, but it will be the chicago loop area, but their will be several levels and a deep storyline, so you will go to several different locations. The first level is set in nyc as the nuke is going off, another is on rooftops, and their will be some open world levels, which will be the main levels, but I can't tell too much more yet.... but you wont be dissapointed!

edit actually one of the open world levels will be set around the aon tower.

User avatar   Skilled Modder Skilled ModderMember since: 17.08.2011, 16:25Posts: 746Location: Genova, Italy Likes: 3

PostPosted 25.01.2012, 05:38 
Quote by TheMagnumman357:
Quote by OCASM:
All I would change from those images is the reflection amount. I think it's a bit high.

Okay, also i really need to get a video up, reflections aren't too bad, and everything looks really good in motion, but I wish I had a really high quality video recorder, but all i have is fraps sadly. But thanks for the critiques, i will work on that.

I think the same thing too, actually.
''The reflections aren't too bad and everything looks really good in motion'', this can be true, but it's just too bumped and definitely not realistic.
You know, some people think you just increase bloom/glow/reflections and such and quality improves by 100%.. but if a mod is good, it's good.. no matter how low those effects are. :)

PostPosted 25.01.2012, 06:10 
Quote by DevilDante:
Quote by TheMagnumman357:
Quote by OCASM:

I think the same thing too, actually.
''The reflections aren't too bad and everything looks really good in motion'', this can be true, but it's just too bumped and definitely not realistic.
You know, some people think you just increase bloom/glow/reflections and such and quality improves by 100%.. but if a mod is good, it's good.. no matter how low those effects are. :)

I actually haven't bumped reflections at all, also it looked good before i added the effects, but i added them because i thought it made it look even better. But all I did was make the level darker and closer to a real night, and add street lamps and rain, i do have more effects on other parts of the level, but I haven't bumped anything, but if you guys want I can lower the effects, also if your talking about the pics a page or two back with the super bright billboards, its not like that at all anymore, but thanks for the critiques, they really help me make a better mod!

this is close to what the billboards look like now Image

PostPosted 25.01.2012, 06:49 
WOW AWESOME! cant wait until is released xD keep up the good work!! :D

PostPosted 25.01.2012, 06:58 
Quote by ribado09:
WOW AWESOME! cant wait until is released xD keep up the good work!! :D

thanks man i will!

PostPosted 29.01.2012, 07:02 
Here are some brand new high quality shots !

Last edited by TheMagnumman357 on 02.03.2012, 04:52, edited 2 times in total.
  Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 20.07.2011, 21:46Posts: 1426 Likes: 108

Post Topic: Re: THE DAY AFTER mod - New High Quality Shots
PostPosted 29.01.2012, 09:52 
Damn! 8o

User avatar   Skilled Modder Skilled ModderMember since: 17.08.2011, 16:25Posts: 746Location: Genova, Italy Likes: 3

PostPosted 29.01.2012, 11:56 
Very very good.
I just don't like the weapons, don't know why, they look too big and out of place in your mod.
Thanks god there's C1 Mod, I'd suggest you to integrate it when it's released, it would be great imho. :)

PostPosted 29.01.2012, 18:07 
Quote by DevilDante:
Very very good.
I just don't like the weapons, don't know why, they look too big and out of place in your mod.
Thanks god there's C1 Mod, I'd suggest you to integrate it when it's released, it would be great imho. :)

Thanks man, also about the weapons, i was using the quality mod flowgraph and messing around with the fov, but i usually had it set around 70, so the weapons should have looked smaller, but I will download the C1 mod once it releases

PostPosted 29.01.2012, 18:07 
Quote by USSR_GRAND:
Damn! 8o

Thanks bro :cheesy:

PostPosted 31.01.2012, 00:46 
I have had some free time lately,and a lot is happening now on this mod, on the open world level i have added hundreds of cars, street furniture, pedestrians, and i made a way to get to the rooftops, and to get between the roofs of different buildings. I will have some pics of all the new stuff soon.