Earth ravaged by humanities need for power and resource has awoken a genetic disease that poses a risk to all human life on Earth. Out of fear project generation was born, 3 ships carrying thousands of humans, millions of miles across space on a journey that will take hundreds of years are destined for a planet made habitable for human life by VAL a sentient ai ship sent through a wormhole ahead of the generation ships to lay foundations for the new earth survivors. You are aboard the second ship and upon arrival you discover fate has another plan...
I am using CryEngine 3 editor to create the mod, using assets from Crysis 2 with a few custom brushes ect and as such all you will need to play is a updated copy of Crysis 2. Our aim is to match performance seen in Crysis 2 for frame rates ect or better. With this in mind you can feel confident as to the play ability defendant on your rig
1) Turn your music volume down to around 40-50% ( The levels aren't quite right yet ) 2) If you try to break the mod you will! ( Player boundarys havn't been set yet! ) 3) This is for inital review, because I promised myself a 2014 release. ( I know there is still alot to do, if it's obvious, chances are I know about it 4) Voiceover lines are placeholders for now ( Looking for quality voice over artists to replace the lines when decided upon ) 5) There are 13 levels in total, they are all at various stages of completion as you will find. 6) All feeback is welcome, good or bad. 7) If you dont want to spoil the complete exsperience Don't download until it's complete in a couple of months. This release is for Crydev modders only... 7) DON'T SHOUT ABOUT IT ANYWHERE OR POST LINKS TO DOWNLOADS ( It's not finished or ready for release!! ) 8) Have fun
Seperate build root folder and up to date levels. Place unzipped (Sapience ) root folder into your Mod folder. Place idividual unzipped level folders into the Sapience Mod levels folder. Replace with new updates where applicable, last updated- 22/10/2014
1) Player boundarys: All levels require boundarys. At the moment you can break the level or immersion by straying from the obvious path. 2) Subtitles: When the final lines have been decided upon, subtitles will be added. 3) Voice overs: Voiceovers at the moment are just placeholders, we will be looking for quality voice over artist when the game is nearing completion. 4) Ai pathfinding: Ai requires more physical surrounding information to allow for better navigation and situational awareness. 5) Placeholder Ai needs replacing with Sapience Robots. 6) Level detailing 7) Missing or incomplete animations.
Credits ( So far ) Let me know if I am missing anything or anyone
• Project Director/Leader: Jason Daysh • Technical Director: Jason Daysh • Creative Director: Jason Daysh • Art Director: Jason Daysh • Producer: Jason Daysh • Modeler: Jason Daysh • Animator: Jason Daysh • Sound Designer: Jason Daysh
• Programmer: Viktor Balázs • Program Manager: Viktor Balázs • Assistant Programmer: Jason Daysh • Character Designer: Viktor Balázs • Flowgraph Optimisation: Viktor Balázs • Level Optimisation: Viktor Balázs
• Level Detailing : Roland Mezey
• Audio Director/Audio Manager/Sound Producer: Mark Jones • Assistant Audio Director/Audio Manager/Sound Producer: Jason Daysh
Post Topic: Re: Dark Craft Studio's presents: SAPIENCE.
Posted 07.11.2011, 20:03
@iSqueezee, if you mean just to youtube no thanks, we have that covered. If you mean to a news article or front page or anything like that, sure go right ahead.
We're very excited to present this mod to you guys through a story debriefing and trailer. We've been working on this ever since Worry of Newport completed, and despite the hassles of learning a new editor, of realizing there are very very few assets and finding workarounds, and of gaining the inspiration to finally peg down the story, I feel like we're in a comfortable place and will rapidly be moving forward. You can expect a very engaging and thoughtful, immersive experience. Jason is making some tremendous strides with trackview and animating and modelling and I am giving the story and pacing my full attention.
Between us both we can create a wonderful mod I believe, and we can't wait to show you guys when its done.