View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 05.11.2011, 16:26Posts: 1965Location: Czech Republic Likes: 44

Post Topic: Dynamic Depth of Field
PostPosted 06.11.2011, 18:33 
Hello guys!

This is my very first mod done for Crysis 2! I hope you will like it and i spent really long time customizing the Blur ammount, Range & Focus. I hope you will like it. Please, report any bugs of the mod & post feedback! I would really appreciate that! ;)

Credits go to "promuckaj"! He creadted the Quality Mod (http://www.crydev.net/viewtopic.php?f=308&t=71723)! I tried his mod & took the DoF part from the Flowgraph that i´ve edited!

(I am working with some guys from the crydev forums and trying to make a mod able to be "loaded"!) Fix is comming soon!

Download!
http://www.mediafire.com/?611apjk6ma1w5zc

Installation:

1) Unpack the rar to your desktop!
2) You will see folder called "DoF 1.00"
3) Move the folder to the "Mods" folder in your Crysis 2 game folder!
(C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis 2\Mods)
4) Launch the game and load the DoF 1.00 mod!
5) Start New Campaign or Replay Mission (Some people told me that mod doesn´t work if you load any save-game before patch 1.9)

In case any problems that you would like to get helped, add me on skype. My name is "isqueezee", like my username do!

Video:

Screenshots:

Last edited by iSqueezee on 07.11.2011, 18:27, edited 7 times in total.

Beginner BeginnerMember since: 22.08.2011, 14:37Posts: 1 Likes: 0

Post Topic: Re: Dynamic Depth of Field 1.00
PostPosted 06.11.2011, 18:46 
i have a problem, when i click on load nothing happends.
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 05.11.2011, 16:26Posts: 1965Location: Czech Republic Likes: 44

Post Topic: Re: Dynamic Depth of Field 1.00
PostPosted 06.11.2011, 18:56 
1) Make sure you have only folder "DoF 1.00" and not a rar "DoF 1.00"
2) Make sure the mode DoF 1.00 is highlited when you are selecting the mods to load

If this didn´t helped you, then I am sorry but I can´t help you. But, Im sure some of the other users that have skills with this game, will post a reply to your´s.

EDIT: After your´s post. I´ve tried to load the mod too and it don´t work for me too! But, when do I started the game without any mod loaded, i saw the DoF so it work for me (i think it does). :unsure:
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 19.03.2013, 08:37Posts: 8 Likes: 0

Post Topic: Re: Dynamic Depth of Field
PostPosted 19.03.2013, 17:55 
The media fire link is dead. I would very much like to try this mod. Could you post another link please?
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 22.02.2011, 20:42Posts: 33 Likes: 0

PostPosted 21.03.2013, 03:56 
1) Please refrain from posting in a thread that has gone nearly 2 years without a reply.

2) While this mod may be gone, the next best thing is promuckaj's Quality Mod, which adds the depth-of-field effect that you're looking for, and a few other things, too. It also gives you the Predator Bow that's been making the rounds in Crysis 3. And if you want, you can use it with MaLDO's higher-resolution textures with a specially-created patch. That mod can be found here: http://www.crydev.net/viewtopic.php?f=308&t=71723

PostPosted 21.03.2013, 08:28 
First, I appreciate your post, and the link you provided. I have tried the Quality mod, and that is actually what lead me to this thread. Quality has many great features, but I prefer the original TOD lighting to the TOD lighting Quality contains.

Second, I don't see what is wrong with posting in an old thread. When I found out someone had separated Quality's DOF from the TOD, which is exactly what I'm looking for, what better place to post but in the thread about that very subject? I don't see why it should matter how old the thread is. The link it contains is dead, I was hoping someone out there still had a copy of the mod, so I asked. I do not see the harm in this, especially when this whole forum has not seen a lot of activity as of late, unless I am mistaken.

Again, I do appreciate that you're trying to help, and don't mean to sound disagreeable.

PostPosted 23.03.2013, 00:47 
Just in case anyone else is looking for the same thing I was, I finally figured out a way to do it.

Version 1.8 of the Quality mod comes with an .exe that will revert it back to the original TOD. So you get DOF AND the original TOD. The latest version of Quality unfortunately does not come with that option. But you CAN copy that TOD.exe and the folder it points to to the latest version of Quality and get excellent DOF and the original TOD.

Thanks to Isqueezee for suggesting I try an older version of Quality which did in fact lead to the solution above.
User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 11.06.2012, 19:30Posts: 26Location: France Likes: 1

PostPosted 31.03.2013, 12:55 
Please re-upload your file the link is dead

PostPosted 31.03.2013, 18:44 
I don't have the files. Please, let this topic die in peace. Thank you.