View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 19.07.2009, 11:21Posts: 451Location: UK Likes: 63

Post Topic: SAPIENCE: New March 2014 Alpha trailer.
PostPosted 07.11.2011, 14:40 
Hi all,

Crysis 2 Full Single player Mod campaign.

Overall progress: IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Here's my Alpha build Teaser Trailer.

March 2014

...The property of being sapient, the property of possessing or being able to possess wisdom.

=============================================================

Story so far

Earth ravaged by humanities need for power and resource has awoken a genetic disease that poses a risk to all human life on Earth. Out of fear project generation was born, 3 ships carrying thousands of humans, millions of miles across space on a journey that will take hundreds of years are destined for a planet made habitable for human life by VAL a sentient ai ship sent through a wormhole ahead of the generation ships to lay foundations for the new earth survivors. You are aboard the second ship and upon arrival you discover fate has another plan...

I am using CryEngine 3 editor to create the mod, using assets from Crysis 2 with a few custom brushes ect and as such all you will need to play is a updated copy of Crysis 2. Our aim is to match performance seen in Crysis 2 for frame rates ect or better. With this in mind you can feel confident as to the play ability defendant on your rig ;)

July 2013 Update

Hi all,

It’s been about 2 years since I dreamt up the idea of Sapience. In that time we have had a few people come and go, some highs and lows and some productive and not so productive periods. One thing for sure is that I personally will never give up on completing the Mod.

We have had some great talent working with us on this but for whatever reason be it time, interest or personal life, keeping productivity high on such a large project when you don’t pay people for their work has been difficult to say the least. We all do this for free and whether it is for fun or a career the bottom line is everyone needs to be credited for their part in the end.

For this reason I am now asking the community for extra help. I am looking for the following positions to be filled so I can finish the Mod to the standard I believe it can achieve but can’t do by myself. All I have to offer you is Credit and with your name up in writing for your part for all of time, hopefully this is enough to satisfy or help further your goals.

There are a total of 13 levels in Sapience 12 of which are playable by the gamer. I alone have built the levels based on my original Concept vision of the world to be experienced. I have created intro, outro and key areas within each level. I have built the major structures Landscapes, Major animation, set pieces and Dynamics of each level, what it needs now is the detail and polish. They each need to be optimised and debugged moving onto the missing sounds, Particles, Brushes, Lights, Music, Textures, AI, TOD, ect ect. This is where you come in. You have a chance to concentrate on areas of modding you are most interested in on a level by level basis. Giving as much or as little time to each available slot as you like.

I have not been completely alone up to this point as some of the detailing work has been completed already by our very own Dark Craft Studios team members as credited below. What I am looking for now is help on a community scale to give the mod a productive push towards completion.

Thanks and Good luck :)

Task Summary

Below is a breakdown of what’s to be expected for each position and their role including the order in which the task Stages are to generally take place. accreditation options can be completed in any order but should generally be completed Task stage to Task stage:

Task Stage ALPHA:

Concept Level Creator
Design, Concept and initial construction of the level to a start to finish playable standard including Textures, Brushes, Vegetation, Initial TOD, Animations, Cut scenes, Place Holder Ai and player path finding. Ensuring Level Concept and design are suitable enough as direction for further tasks ahead.

Task Stage 1:

Foreground Man Made Artist
Responsible for non-interactive / interactive staging art placed within the playable area of the game, such as desks, electrical equipment, lights, monitors ect.

Foreground / Background Natural Artist
Responsible for non-interactive / interactive staging art placed within the playable area of the game, such as Waterfalls, Trees, Bushes, Shrubs, Insects, Animals ect.

Foreground / Background Texture Artist
Responsible for terrain texture optimisation and layering.

Background Artist/Modeller
Responsible for non-interactive staging art placed behind the bulk of the game, such as skies or 2D environments, mountains or buildings.

TOD Artist
Responsible for Time of Day setup merging TOD settings as the level progresses where applicable.

Ai Implementation
Responsible for adding Ai enemy as well as path finding and cover systems

Task Stage 2:

Graphic Optimizer
Responsible for culling/optimizing graphics code base to help overall game performance.

Data Optimizer
Responsible for optimizing data flow within the game to increase overall game performance.

Flowgraph Optimizer
Responsible for Organising and labelling flowgrap nodes. Updating, stabilizing and optimizing existing work that may have been temporarily in place.

Task Stage 3:

SFX Artist
Responsible for adding ambient stock sound and sfx to cut scenes already in place.

Music Artist
Responsible for adding Crysis 2 stock music tracks throughout the level dependant on game action.

Foreground/Background Animator
Responsible for adding generic ambient animations to the Foreground and Background. Could be automatic doors, Fans, Droids, Ships ect ect.

Level Tester
Responsible for testing and submitting reports to me for review and alteration. Including all aspects of level playability.

Task Stage 4:

Story Implementation
Responsible for adding the script in the form of subtitles at key points in the level.

Voiceover Implementation
Responsible for adding the pre-recorded voiceover in the form of triggered points at key points during the level to match subtitles.

Interface Artist
Responsible for the creation of game interface, such as maps, HUD and other aspects of the game that allows the player to navigate.

Task Stage 5:

Final polish
Polish, Polish, Polish, Polish, Polish, Polish, Polish, Polish, Polish, Polish, Polish, Polish,

Recruitment

Read the instructions below and then send me a PM for instructions.

What I need from you if you are interested is to view the open slots on the recruitment thread
viewtopic.php?f=316&t=111922
and put yourself forward to advance any number of jobs still available. I would like you to prioritize what you are most interested in so that if your first selection is not available there may be others to fall back on. I will only permit one job to any one person at a time and you will only have a maximum of 3 weeks to return your version of each level or what you have achieved so far.
If you need an extension then that’s ok too but I would still need to have the build back to decide if you are committed or capable. I may even reject your work if it’s not of a certain level of quality or within the feel of the Mod or I may still look for further work in that area with shared credit for your part. I will need confidence that you are able to use CryEngine but am not wholly against newbie’s wanting to give it a go. Some examples of previous work would be an advantage.

Thanks for looking,

Cheers,

Jason.
Attachments:

Crysis2 2014-02-08 17-28-09-73.jpg
Crysis2 2014-02-08 17-28-29-64.jpg
Crysis2 2014-02-08 17-21-43-64.jpg

Last edited by jason187781 on 16.03.2014, 20:10, edited 100 times in total.

User avatar   Has no life Has no lifeMember since: 02.02.2007, 07:25Posts: 5064 Likes: 210

Post Topic: Re: Dark Craft Studio's presents: SAPIENCE.
PostPosted 07.11.2011, 14:57 
Wow, looks very good! :)

My Crytek News Blog - http://bit.ly/aFSbnP
My Massive Crysis Maps Guide - http://bit.ly/f5ifhe
My CryEngine Screens - http://bit.ly/wIDNDJ
My Youtube - http://bit.ly/xIg1l1
My Twitter - http://bit.ly/yZtaoH0
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 04.05.2011, 17:12Posts: 1213Location: Belgrade Likes: 6

PostPosted 07.11.2011, 15:57 
Wow! This look awesome!

User avatar   Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 07.07.2011, 20:44Posts: 494Location: France Likes: 11

PostPosted 07.11.2011, 16:16 
What trailer, sublime, the great art!

User avatar   Superstar Dolphin Superstar DolphinMember since: 16.08.2004, 10:46Posts: 9830Location: Finland Likes: 168

PostPosted 07.11.2011, 17:26 
The trailer is indeed looking superb - with you and C-zom in the team I expect nothing short of top quality from the project! :)
User avatar   Hardcore Modder Hardcore ModderMember since: 27.10.2007, 12:36Posts: 815Location: Sweden Likes: 1

PostPosted 07.11.2011, 17:36 
Looks awesome! I especially like the moving ship-part, looks like fun :D
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 05.11.2011, 16:26Posts: 1967Location: Czech Republic Likes: 49

PostPosted 07.11.2011, 18:24 
Do I have your permission to upload it and link it to this topic?
User avatar   Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 19.07.2009, 11:21Posts: 451Location: UK Likes: 63

PostPosted 07.11.2011, 20:01 
See below :)
Thanks for the atention, by all means use links to the trailer but uploading multiple copys is counter productive for us. Hope you understand :)

Last edited by jason187781 on 07.11.2011, 20:14, edited 3 times in total.
User avatar   Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 23.05.2008, 23:34Posts: 532Location: New Jersey Likes: 18

PostPosted 07.11.2011, 20:03 
@iSqueezee, if you mean just to youtube no thanks, we have that covered. If you mean to a news article or front page or anything like that, sure go right ahead.

We're very excited to present this mod to you guys through a story debriefing and trailer. We've been working on this ever since Worry of Newport completed, and despite the hassles of learning a new editor, of realizing there are very very few assets and finding workarounds, and of gaining the inspiration to finally peg down the story, I feel like we're in a comfortable place and will rapidly be moving forward. You can expect a very engaging and thoughtful, immersive experience. Jason is making some tremendous strides with trackview and animating and modelling and I am giving the story and pacing my full attention.

Between us both we can create a wonderful mod I believe, and we can't wait to show you guys when its done. :D
User avatar   Hardcore Modder Hardcore ModderMember since: 23.09.2009, 19:59Posts: 994 Likes: 25

PostPosted 07.11.2011, 20:33 
you, sir, have excelled yourself!! fantastic trailer.

User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 18.10.2011, 02:04Posts: 1516Location: Tulsa, OK Likes: 20

PostPosted 07.11.2011, 20:54 
UNFREAKINGBELIEVABLE, that trailer look incredible, and the graphics... oh the graphics look amazing, can't wait for this... will it be done by next year ?

"The DAY AFTER" set in an open world Chicago and NY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... DOjN0mAfGQ
User avatar   Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 23.05.2008, 23:34Posts: 532Location: New Jersey Likes: 18

PostPosted 07.11.2011, 20:59 
We haven't projected a release date yet, sorry. More details such as that will be available once we reach closer to completion. :)

PostPosted 08.11.2011, 10:09 
Just added some screens, Mostly shots only shown in the trailer.
User avatar   Has no life Has no lifeMember since: 02.02.2007, 07:25Posts: 5064 Likes: 210

PostPosted 08.11.2011, 11:26 
Many Cars on wall, WTF lol

My Crytek News Blog - http://bit.ly/aFSbnP
My Massive Crysis Maps Guide - http://bit.ly/f5ifhe
My CryEngine Screens - http://bit.ly/wIDNDJ
My Youtube - http://bit.ly/xIg1l1
My Twitter - http://bit.ly/yZtaoH0

PostPosted 08.11.2011, 11:36 
It's all part of the terraforming kit aboard the spacships. Later levels will have you driving these across the alien world ;)