View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 18.10.2011, 02:04Posts: 1515Location: Tulsa, OK Likes: 19

Post Topic: Re: The Storm Of War[Crysis 2 Modification]
PostPosted 19.02.2012, 01:29 
Quote by AltairzShadow51:
So anyway,ignoring Johnny,we are currently finishing the map and then ADDING the detail needed so we have the whole package.

johnny guitar is a great modder on here, i use to be on his team. Listen to his criticism, believe me, once this is really good, he will let you know, he may come off as blunt, but keep working on the levels and ask for as many critiques as you can get, that will help you make this mod great!

"The DAY AFTER" set in an open world Chicago and NY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... DOjN0mAfGQ

User avatar   Skilled Modder Skilled ModderMember since: 23.03.2011, 05:21Posts: 796Location: Alberta / Canada Likes: 12

PostPosted 19.02.2012, 04:34 
Quote by TheMagnumman357:
So anyway,ignoring Johnny,we are currently finishing the map and then ADDING the detail needed so we have the whole package.

johnny guitar is a great modder on here, i use to be on his team. Listen to his criticism, believe me, once this is really good, he will let you know, he may come off as blunt, but keep working on the levels and ask for as many critiques as you can get, that will help you make this mod great!

I'm more cynical if anything :v
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 18.10.2011, 02:04Posts: 1515Location: Tulsa, OK Likes: 19

PostPosted 19.02.2012, 05:18 
Quote by Johnny Guitar:
Quote by TheMagnumman357:

I'm more cynical if anything :v

I was complementing you, but yes i would agree with what your saying

User avatar   Skilled Modder Skilled ModderMember since: 23.03.2011, 05:21Posts: 796Location: Alberta / Canada Likes: 12

PostPosted 19.02.2012, 05:30 
I know, I wasn't complaining about it either :p
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 10.04.2010, 22:50Posts: 1230Location: In front of a computer Likes: 2

PostPosted 19.02.2012, 06:56 
Quote by Johnny Guitar:
Well, if you did that for my mod people would honestly question you, and to be honest my mod is dead.

Here is my criticism.
-Learn how to make a proper road.
-Add details to the streets
-Cut back on fires and uneeded particle effects.
-Use facades upclose and distant models at a distance
-more detail

Your levels are pretty much a joke, and calling them complete when they are far from it is also a joke.
Take my advice and learn how to use the editor properly, or you be laughed out of this website. Trust me.

I agree with you. His levels are far from complete...

PostPosted 19.02.2012, 07:42 
Quote by blackhorizon:

Hey black :D

Sorry the mod died... about that.. if you want you can still have the map.

PostPosted 19.02.2012, 09:47 
Quote by Johnny Guitar:
Quote by blackhorizon:

Hey black :D

Sorry the mod died... about that.. if you want you can still have the map.

are you talking about state of emergency ? If so, send me it too. Also, why did you have our team stop working on it ?

User avatar   Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 19.01.2012, 18:39Posts: 208Location: Shadow-City Likes: 0

PostPosted 19.02.2012, 17:03 
Ok,Then.

Contact Shadow-Tech:
Personal email: AltairzShadow@hotmail.co.uk
Shadow-Tech Email: Shadow_Tech_Studios@hotmail.co.uk
Steam: AltairzShadow510
User avatar   Skilled Modder Skilled ModderMember since: 26.08.2011, 08:39Posts: 644Location: Internet Likes: 4

PostPosted 20.02.2012, 18:51 
Quote by JasperHope:
I'm slightly lost here.

So you're making a game (Experimental Conflict), a Crysis2 mod (Experimental Conflict-The Backstory), and another Crysis2 mod (The Storm Of War)? Or have you decided to make this instead of the Backstory?

I'm eager to see how these will turn out. Seems like you have your work cut out for you!

He's just the guy who bosses other people around. I'm assuming. I'm also guessing that the games made are going to be incomplete.

A signature used to exist here.
User avatar   Skilled Modder Skilled ModderMember since: 17.08.2011, 16:25Posts: 746Location: Genova, Italy Likes: 3

PostPosted 20.02.2012, 19:27 
Quote by Sieabah:
Quote by JasperHope:
I'm slightly lost here.

So you're making a game (Experimental Conflict), a Crysis2 mod (Experimental Conflict-The Backstory), and another Crysis2 mod (The Storm Of War)? Or have you decided to make this instead of the Backstory?

I'm eager to see how these will turn out. Seems like you have your work cut out for you!

He's just the guy who bosses other people around. I'm assuming. I'm also guessing that the games made are going to be incomplete.

Typical example of trollish off-topic comments.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defamation, read it carefully. ;)

PostPosted 20.02.2012, 19:44 
Quote by DevilDante:
Quote by Sieabah:
Quote by JasperHope:
I'm slightly lost here.

Hey isn't this video from Altair ? The gta crysis 2 one ? Look here http://www.youtube.com/user/erwinbueza5 ... vBwP-Cmi0w

the username that made that video also posted experimental conflict

User avatar   Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 19.01.2012, 18:39Posts: 208Location: Shadow-City Likes: 0

PostPosted 20.02.2012, 19:48 
Yes,he is also working for Shadow-Tech.

Contact Shadow-Tech:
Personal email: AltairzShadow@hotmail.co.uk
Shadow-Tech Email: Shadow_Tech_Studios@hotmail.co.uk
Steam: AltairzShadow510
User avatar   Skilled Modder Skilled ModderMember since: 26.08.2011, 08:39Posts: 644Location: Internet Likes: 4

PostPosted 20.02.2012, 20:27 
Quote by DevilDante:
Quote by Sieabah:
Quote by JasperHope:
I'm slightly lost here.

He ruined his own image by stealing. May I point you to my first post that started this entire argument.
viewtopic.php?p=914945#p914945
Most of the content has been removed for obvious reasons. They were stolen or copied!

I'll be blunt with this. I seriously doubt anything good will come from Shadow-Tech anytime soon. The business model and practices are extremely poor and is ran like a summer lemonade stand off a highway. I have a high expectancy for these projects to fail to some degree. At this point it seems like it'll be the whole game if a bunch of fire, cars, and buildings is a complete map.

To continue on with being blunt, they do not work for you. They are creating things and allowing you to brand your name on it in some way to get noticed. For someone to work for you, you need to have a legal business license for your company. They must also be 16 years old and have parental permission (if <18 minor).

If you want reality to hit you like a brick wall continue keep sprinting the way you are.

PostPosted 20.02.2012, 21:42 
Quote by Sieabah:
Quote by DevilDante:
Quote by Sieabah:
I'm slightly lost here.

He ruined his own image by stealing. May I point you to my first post that started this entire argument.
viewtopic.php?p=914945#p914945
Most of the content has been removed for obvious reasons. They were stolen or copied!

I'll be blunt with this. I seriously doubt anything good will come from Shadow-Tech anytime soon. The business model and practices are extremely poor and is ran like a summer lemonade stand off a highway. I have a high expectancy for these projects to fail to some degree. At this point it seems like it'll be the whole game if a bunch of fire, cars, and buildings is a complete map.

Quote:
To continue on with being blunt, they do not work for you. They are creating things and allowing you to brand your name on it in some way to get noticed. For someone to work for you, you need to have a legal business license for your company. They must also be 16 years old and have parental permission (if <18 minor).

If you want reality to hit you like a brick wall continue keep sprinting the way you are.

What makes you think that he wont finish this ? Only me and a few people are working on my Day after mod, but im positive it will get finished. So why can't this get finished ?
[/quote]
[size=200]_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________[/size]
Why dont you give some constructive criticism and tell what needs work. For example, tell me what you think of this. I told him i would make an open world city for this mod, so im making shanghai. But tell me what you think of these pics

It may look unfinished, but im waiting on some buildings like the jin mao tower, shanghai tower, oriental pearl tower, and much more that the modeler is making, then i can finish this

expect this once its done, only thing is that it will also have the WFC and shanghai tower in the skyline.

Here is how it should look completely finished, this pic has the shanghai tower which will be completed in 2014

beautiful city huh ?

Last edited by TheMagnumman357 on 23.02.2012, 09:41, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted 20.02.2012, 23:04 
It's off to a good start, but I feel that the buildings are really flat. No emotion and some of the colors don't really match. Some of the buildings are almost completely black and a couple are lit up. It distracts and makes me feel it's actually a game instead of being emerged in a world.

The city design idea is intricate, but you need to watch the color scheme and make sure everything flows together. I just really feel the level could use more life, and color. (By life I mean real attributes)