View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 20.07.2011, 21:46Posts: 1426 Likes: 108

Post Topic: Re: ALCATRAZ CHRONICLES
PostPosted 11.05.2012, 03:54 
I guess I have a hard time seeing my flaws,

So I will take your advise, and cancel all of my mods. Thanks for "the eye open'ner"

Yeah I need to take a break from this stuff anyway

User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 18.10.2011, 02:04Posts: 1516Location: Tulsa, OK Likes: 21

PostPosted 11.05.2012, 04:08 
Quote by USSR_GRAND:

So I will take your advise, and cancel all of my mods. Thanks for "the eye open'ner"

Warhead 2 is great, but why are you doing this mod at the same time ?

"The DAY AFTER" set in an open world Chicago and NY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... DOjN0mAfGQ
User avatar   Skilled Modder Skilled ModderMember since: 23.03.2011, 05:21Posts: 796Location: Alberta / Canada Likes: 12

PostPosted 11.05.2012, 07:46 
Quote by USSR_GRAND:

hey dude

I don't want to discourage you, but here are some "pro" tips

1:
http://colorschemedesigner.com/
pick a theme, stick to it!!

2:
Detail is everything, do not accept small flaws such as stretched out pixels on large objects, odd looking shadows

3:
Use a lot of references, you can tell a large reference for Crysis 2 was 9/11

4:
Only release media when you are 100% done, any WIP shots should not be made unless 60% progression is made.

I'm going to make a thread soon, look out for it.

Swag.
User avatar   Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 26.02.2010, 19:51Posts: 440 Likes: 1

PostPosted 12.05.2012, 06:13 
still waiting ( 4 months passed USSR_GRAND, friggin' 4 months!!!!!!!! ) for the special weapons you've promised will be uploaded.

PostPosted 12.05.2012, 06:33 
Quote by lonelypatrick:
still waiting ( 4 months passed USSR_GRAND, friggin' 4 months!!!!!!!! ) for the special weapons you've promised will be uploaded.

What special weapons? Do you mean my concept weapons like the LTAG - shotgun variant?
Well shotguns in Crysis 2 fire pellets, so increasing the amount of pellets causes performance loss when firing at objects, because when each pellet makes impact a new particle is created.

Try shooting at the ground in Crysis 2 and you will see a performance drop.

And the DSG1 burst-shot variant? Well I thought it was a pretty dumb idea, so I never created it.
I wont ever make this

PostPosted 12.05.2012, 06:42 
Quote by Johnny Guitar:
Quote by USSR_GRAND:

hey dude

I don't want to discourage you, but here are some "pro" tips

1:
http://colorschemedesigner.com/
pick a theme, stick to it!!

2:
Detail is everything, do not accept small flaws such as stretched out pixels on large objects, odd looking shadows

3:
Use a lot of references, you can tell a large reference for Crysis 2 was 9/11

4:
Only release media when you are 100% done, any WIP shots should not be made unless 60% progression is made.

I'm going to make a thread soon, look out for it.

Hey thank you for the tips. This is very important to me, thank you for your time.

User avatar   Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 26.02.2010, 19:51Posts: 440 Likes: 1

PostPosted 12.05.2012, 13:16 
Quote by USSR_GRAND:
Quote by lonelypatrick:

What special weapons? Do you mean my concept weapons like the LTAG - shotgun variant?
Well shotguns in Crysis 2 fire pellets, so increasing the amount of pellets causes performance loss when firing at objects, because when each pellet makes impact a new particle is created.

Try shooting at the ground in Crysis 2 and you will see a performance drop.

And the DSG1 burst-shot variant? Well I thought it was a pretty dumb idea, so I never created it.
I wont ever make this

I LIKED the SCAR silencer on it, but was bad you couldn't switch to Granade and Gauss from normall ammo generally only if i've opened the weapon menu on SCAR. The automatic NOVA was great, but if i've choosed single shot, the attached silencer didn't worked...., i'd like to have that 1 or those weapons shooting the Ltag ammo's out, and the DSG' with explosive rounds was awesome, i have that and still using it, ( little modded up its power, now blowing humans, cars and every thing blowable into shreds ) or the Jackal had alien ammo's. but i would love see thoose concepts in others weapons. I mean the explosive round, Ltag, and alien ammo's in several weapons, still having silencer on SCAR was the biggest surprise for me, :love: :cheesy: :cheesy: but would love to see assault or sniper scope on Feline,Ay69. Or The Marshall shooted explosive rounds able shoot thoose rockets that tank can shoot, or the swarmer, since that has some potential in it.

Please thoose weapons had spec ammo's installed in them, post them with their accessories and ammo's ( since without it won't work right ) when you have a little time!

Patrick.
User avatar   Trainee TraineeMember since: 25.08.2011, 16:30Posts: 156Location: Lazytown Likes: 6

PostPosted 17.05.2012, 07:57 
Johnny is right i guess. Lighting and coloring is always more important than the actual object detail because light is what you see.

NItimur In Vetinum

PostPosted 17.05.2012, 08:13 
Quote by mr nopro:
Johnny is right i guess. Lighting and coloring is always more important than the actual object detail because light is what you see.

Do you think that the colors i chose in this level should be changed?

I was trying to make it look like a futuristic/alien environment.

PostPosted 17.05.2012, 08:33 
i liked the idea you've used purple, but you should use only for alien objects ( not living things ) but for the Crynet soliders i suggest you keep that AWESOME dark blue color! All i ask understand finally: Yellow is lame, and suck!

Orange good look on the Ltag, but looks bad on clothes and skin color for weapons! You should try out the dark bordeux and turquise on several things like backround light on weapons, or in the nanosuit! Dark bordeux with black and dark turquise with whte really looks awesome!

Pls think about and tell me whatcha think!
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 15.05.2012, 09:13Posts: 11 Likes: 0

PostPosted 18.05.2012, 17:44 
Ok ....

Post Topic: Alcatraz Chronicles
PostPosted 02.06.2012, 03:39 
City Map - No specific name yet

Post Topic: Re: Alcatraz Chronicles
PostPosted 02.06.2012, 14:50 
Quote by USSR_GRAND:
City Map - No specific name yet

Wow! this the wqorst thing i've seen a long time! the colors, the resolution, everything sucks!

why you used purple everywhere? Cars, buildings, everything! Its plain sucks! where your great fantasy gone? A.M.4 was a supreme job, but this? not even qualify as a USSR_GRAND level job!
  Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 18.01.2010, 23:11Posts: 1730 Likes: 1

PostPosted 02.06.2012, 15:44 
see that wasnt hard to port the Crysis1 assault scope to crysis2. ^^

For the mike, since you look to use another ammo, did you set a fire animation from another weapon ? like the gauss fire animation ?

PostPosted 02.06.2012, 17:45 
Quote by wootwoots:
see that wasnt hard to port the Crysis1 assault scope to crysis2. ^^

For the mike, since you look to use another ammo, did you set a fire animation from another weapon ? like the gauss fire animation ?

Yeah Im using the gauss ammo, and the animation. Does it look weird?

Next, Im trying to allow the player to use the Aliens weapons, But I can't animate or rig.