View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 20.07.2011, 21:46Posts: 1426 Likes: 109

Post Topic: 【CRYSIS 2 MOD SDK】 Texture Pack
PostPosted 16.07.2012, 08:19 

Community Texture Pack

In this thread I will supply a surplus of mods. Various texture packs, new nanosuit powers, weapons, and just alot of fun stuff. I also will be doing some tutorials about how i create some of the things that i do.

I know they're alot of people out their that wanna make mods too, well i will upload a bunch of modifications so that you can make your own custom Crysis 2 experience.

So keep an eye on this thread!

Last edited by USSR_GRAND on 21.08.2012, 00:33, edited 3 times in total.

Post Topic: Make your own MODS 【CRYSIS 2 MOD SDK】
PostPosted 17.08.2012, 21:13 

Community Texture Pack

In this thread I will supply a surplus of mods. Various texture packs, new nanosuit powers, weapons, and just alot of fun stuff. I also will be doing some tutorials about how i create some of the things that i do.

I know they're alot of people out their that wanna make mods too, well i will upload a bunch of modifications so that you can make your own custom Crysis 2 experience.

So keep an eye on this thread!

Need Help?

So instead of making random Tutorials in this post, I figured you guys can just simply ask me how to do things and I will assist you. Don't hesitate to ask me for help. I learned how to MOD from Cebuis and Lupus, but I am no Professional neither were they. I'd like to help people so that they can get a grasp on modding and enjoy Crysis 2 in there own psychotic way :p

I specialize in Script editing and Textures. So don't ask me how to make new weapons.

Want to help me?

My only request is that someone helps me rid HDRGrainAmount from the game completely. This grain effect hurts my eyes, and the only way for me to fix it is through a mod Folder. But that isn't my goal here.

Progress on the Community Texture Mod

I'm am currently working on a Texture pack for SP and MP. It will be in a PAK file so you don't have to load mods. Some of these textures I created you have seen before, but many of you haven't got the chance to use them in Multiplayer.
First up, we got a Green Laser Sight, and Military Green Camo Gloves

I made a new SCAR Camo, and Military Green CELL Troops. The cool part about the SCAR Texture is that it is applied ot the SCARAB as well. Only Problem is that If you don't have to rank to unlock it, then your SOL. And of course these aren't the only weapon texturesImage

Now, This is My MARPAT texture for the Marines. The problem with it is that the metalic attachments are too bright and it doesn't match the entire model. I could simply fix this issue by editing the MTL.file but Multiplayer doesn't load mtl.files. But It doesn't look half badImage

So you can see that I have some adjustments that are need before release but I plan on uploading it today.

Last edited by USSR_GRAND on 21.08.2012, 22:49, edited 1 time in total.
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 10.08.2012, 04:32Posts: 34 Likes: 0

Post Topic: Re: Make your own MODS 【CRYSIS 2 MOD SDK】
PostPosted 17.08.2012, 23:21 
I would be interested in the process of creating skins for characters and weapons. What programs are needed, what steps you take, etc...

I can "paint" a DDS file in Photoshop, but I don't really grasp the intricacies of skinning models and I definitely don't know how to apply more complex textures (digital skins, MARPAT, etc.)

That would probably be the first thing I'd like to learn how to do.

Other minor things: learning about scripting, equipment packs and item distribution, XML files and how to edit them, and the list goes on.

Cheers. This should be a great thread.

PostPosted 18.08.2012, 01:46 
【Be Confident】

1st
Okay the 1st step to making/editing textures is, Getting the files you want.

Open up the MODSDK Click "file", open Pak Manager, Click "Open Pak", Select the Object.pak file in the Gamecrysis folder. From here it is up to you what you want to edit. (But lets do the SCAR_V2 for example). Next we need to extract the textures to your mod.

2nd
We need to understand which textures are most important. We want to edit the differed textures to change the weapons color or apply skins etc. So in the Scar_V2 Textures folder we have many files.

In the image above we see the files that I have highlighted in orange. These files are our important diff. textures. They represent 3 types of camo; Regular Scar, CELL Scar, Digital Scar, and the Digital Desert Scar. Lets take Edit "Case_C.dds" and edit it.

When editing the Scar Textures we need to know that the SCARAB and the Scar both share the same textures. This is very important to remember!

3rd We need some kind of Image Editing Software. I prefer GIMP.

CLICK TO DOWNLOAD My EDITION

Lets open GIMP and Drag our selected Scar texture to it. Now we can do a number of things. We can change the color or add our own textures. This is where the fun starts.

Advanced Weapon Texture Editing
Here is a video I found on Youtube...

There is an easier way than show in this video.

My Tutorial
Open the Texture you want to edit in GIMP, Download the image you want to apply. next Drag the image to GIMP.

On the right side corner of your screen you will see layers. But all you have to do is lower the opacity of the downloaded image that you just applied. You are Done!

After we have edited our texture, we are nearly complete. Since we chose to edit the Scar, we must edit the SCARAB because they both share the same textures. The Scar texture we just edited only affects the top component of the Scar. We need to edit the lower portion of the weapon next.

So let go and extract the Scarab Textures...

The file Highlighted in orange is what we need. Do the same steps as before;
1st
Extract File to Mod
2nd
Open File with GIMP
3rd
Have fun Editing
4th
Save your file, test it out to see if you like it, then come back to this thread and comment! :p

I forgot to mention, it is important to have BADASS Music playing in the background while Modding at ALL TIMES!

PostPosted 18.08.2012, 02:26 
I appreciate it! I'm going to experiment with it tonight. If you have any extra time could you show an example or two of adding a texture to a skin, like the Marpat texture to the Jackal you showed in another thread or even the tan/desert skin you came up with for the Scar? The camo's you came up with for the Marines would be awesome too. But only if you have some time, I appreciate the help.

PostPosted 18.08.2012, 19:34 
Nothing special really

PostPosted 20.08.2012, 17:17 
I like it. Think I'm getting the hang of it, still practicing a lot. Any update on the community texture pack you plan on releasing?

Post Topic: 【CRYSIS 2 MOD SDK】 Texture Pack
PostPosted 21.08.2012, 00:30 
^ Sorry, I totally forgot to upload it.

Community Texture Pack

o
Install Guide

Place this inside your gamecrysis2 Folder!

User avatar   Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 03.04.2012, 14:33Posts: 211 Likes: 0

Post Topic: Re: 【CRYSIS 2 MOD SDK】 Texture Pack
PostPosted 21.08.2012, 10:01 
These textures look realy nice and good, do you reckon you can make the vehicle textures aswell because it will be very good if you can.

Game Designer

PostPosted 21.08.2012, 19:11 
Vehicle textures are a little more difficult. Because the texture files are not visible when editing them.

PostPosted 21.08.2012, 22:08 
Thanks a lot! Really makes things a lot easier. Any chance you'll release some of the skins that haven't been included in your mods already?

PostPosted 21.08.2012, 22:27 
Quote by Tom288:
Thanks a lot! Really makes things a lot easier. Any chance you'll release some of the skins that haven't been included in your mods already?

Yeah I plan on making some really abstract textures when after I release my Mars Planet Mod. Ill be updating this thread soon with it!

PostPosted 23.08.2012, 14:25 
Do MTL files always need Tex folders to accompany them? For instance, in the Warhead Beta it looks like the Aliens have new skins, but in the Alien folders there are only MTL files and no textures. Will they load the new textures or have you just left out the new textures for now, but Tex folders always have to go with the MTL files to change the skin?

I appreciate it.

ETA: For example, your HD Alien skins for Warhead...totally wouldn't mind you releasing those... :cheesy:

PostPosted 23.08.2012, 19:31 
I have already released the Warhead textures, so here ya go'
http://www.mediafire.com/?bqbcn3edw9491sl

But no, I actually didn't add any new textures. I just change the mtl settings.

I'm not sure if you know this already but, mtl files are what brings all of the data together. The material editor allows you to make your own tweaks. I simply added a detail map/bump scale. If you really wanted to, you could change the color of your weapons or apply skins with the editor.

PostPosted 23.08.2012, 21:36 
I thought that might be the case, but wasn't sure. Loaded up Warhead and sure enough saw the new skins, which look great by the way.

If you're editing a weapon skin, say the Scar for example. And you have Case A and Case B and then ScarTP. Do you only need to edit the 2 A/B files and that will update the 3rd person file, or do you need to edit that as well?

Thanks

One more thing, what program do you use to open MTL files? Never mind, opened it with Notepad++, but I've got no idea how you would go about making changes in there.