View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

Beginner BeginnerMember since: 21.08.2011, 12:51Posts: 46 Likes: 1

Post Topic: Earthquake : Crysis 2 Level WIP (Update 5 : Destruction)
PostPosted 12.05.2012, 21:28 
This is a WIP Crysis 2 level I have made on my own.

All I want to know is if people like the level design in the map so far. The premise is an earthquake strikes breaking the city into ruins and rubble. I will keep updating so any support i can get is great!

UPDATE 5

I am yet again back with more content! this time it's a bit more behind the scenes. This a set peiced destruction of a building. I think it turned out nicely, but you're the community! I need your feedback!

(Im not sure wether the super shake camera was good or bad, It hides some poorly done bits, but in places adds to the effect of an actual earthquake)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE 4

Update 4 is out! I have been away for a while doing exams. But i am back! I have created an early trailer for the earthquake level. Please note AI are not done yet and neither is the level!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hXHlqiiKx4

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE 3

Update 3 is out! I have now created the stromdrain, it has two choices on which way to go leading to different areas of the next engagement. Its open so it has mul;tiple routes through it.

Please comment with suggestions or if you have any questions!

UPDATE 2

I have cretaed a heavily damaged plaza area leading to a stormdrain entrance. More on the way soon!

The Level

Not a representaion of the final product

Dan - Level Designer

Last edited by kermit1515 on 07.07.2012, 23:26, edited 8 times in total.

User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 20.07.2011, 21:46Posts: 1407 Likes: 81

Post Topic: Re: Earthquake : A New Crysis 2 Level WIP. looking for team
PostPosted 12.05.2012, 22:01 
This is very neat and well organized. I could learn alot from you

User avatar   Trainee TraineeMember since: 30.07.2011, 17:48Posts: 142Location: adelaide Australia Likes: 0

PostPosted 13.05.2012, 04:28 
This looks very nice, just keep working on your title and it'll come through.
is it a full team of people you want or would one here & one there do?

My all new Professional Portfolio is here.. Take a visit here to get into the mindset that is me!

http://www.wix.com/dragonborn82develope ... portfolio#!

PostPosted 13.05.2012, 10:17 
Quote by coheed82:
is it a full team of people you want or would one here & one there do?

. I think I would much rather join a team of people that has an interesting idea and work together until we have a finished products. That seems much more rewarding than just here and there.
User avatar   Trainee TraineeMember since: 30.07.2011, 17:48Posts: 142Location: adelaide Australia Likes: 0

PostPosted 13.05.2012, 11:20 
i hear ya.
but i have lots of free time, if you'd like to team up to get your maps you've already got , out there.

My all new Professional Portfolio is here.. Take a visit here to get into the mindset that is me!

http://www.wix.com/dragonborn82develope ... portfolio#!

Post Topic: Update 2 : Out now!
PostPosted 16.05.2012, 19:06 
Update 2 is out

With more screenshots of progress

Stay tuned! I am always updating the post

Dan - Level Designer
User avatar   24/7 Modder 24/7 ModderMember since: 12.04.2007, 16:51Posts: 3271 Likes: 2

Post Topic: Re: Earthquake : A New Crysis 2 Level WIP (Update : 2)
PostPosted 16.05.2012, 19:34 
Im liking it.. is the first part complete?? Or are you just showing general progress?!

Post Topic: Re: Earthquake : A New Crysis 2 Level WIP (Update : 2)
PostPosted 16.05.2012, 19:40 
Quote by VengenceBot:
Im liking it.. is the first part complete?? Or are you just showing general progress?!

It is complete. Any changes I make will just be touch up adding detail, or if i find a big flaw while testing. But apart from that, the screenshots are a fair representation of the final product.

Post Topic: Re: Earthquake : A New Crysis 2 Level WIP (Update : 3 Is out
PostPosted 26.05.2012, 10:42 
Update 3 is out!

With more screenshos of the level

Keep following the thread for more updates

Dan - Level Designer

Post Topic: Re: Earthquake : A New Crysis 2 Level WIP (Update : 4 : Vide
PostPosted 04.07.2012, 18:58 
Update 4 is out!

New Video

Dan - Level Designer of Earthquake
User avatar   Hardcore Modder Hardcore ModderMember since: 23.09.2008, 15:36Posts: 802 Likes: 0

PostPosted 06.07.2012, 05:23 
Very Nice stuff - Hope to one day play this.
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 20.04.2012, 11:25Posts: 15 Likes: 0

PostPosted 06.07.2012, 15:43 
Is there a possibility to download the map. I'd need for a university research. I just need a urban-style map, with a cpl of vehicles, since we have to cause a huge accident in the FreeSDK to check on the degree of realism within the CryEngine. Would be nice to use your map. Therefore I would need the cry-File. No Question you will be named in the research's paper and the thread will be linked, since this is your intellectual property and we respect these copyrights. Please respond quickly, since we need them in a cpl of days.

Thanks in advance

Julz & Max

PostPosted 06.07.2012, 16:58 
Quote by mvmntjulz:
Is there a possibility to download the map. I'd need for a university research. I just need a urban-style map, with a cpl of vehicles, since we have to cause a huge accident in the FreeSDK to check on the degree of realism within the CryEngine. Would be nice to use your map. Therefore I would need the cry-File. No Question you will be named in the research's paper and the thread will be linked, since this is your intellectual property and we respect these copyrights. Please respond quickly, since we need them in a cpl of days.

I would be thrilled for you to use my map! However this was made in the Crysis 2 sandbox. Not the free SDK. I didn't create these models. They are owned by Crytek and I use them in the sandbox to make levels for crysis 2. since you cant put Crysis 2 models in the free sdk me giving you the .Cry file would be pointless, as there would be no models. However maybe i misunderstood, and you just need my level for research, which i am completely happy to do so. As long as you quote me and link the thread blah blah. PM me back and we can sort the rest and download it through there :)

I appreciate the interest

Dan - Designer of Crysis 2 - Eathquake
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 20.04.2012, 11:25Posts: 15 Likes: 0

PostPosted 06.07.2012, 17:02 
Hey there,
thanks for replying so fast. The modSDK would be just fine as well, since we got 2 licenses of crysis 2 from the department we work for. The only problem is, we think we can't use all the cvars we need in the mod sdk, but we are willing to try again, if you could give us the map and we'd try the whole thing there. :)
Thanks in advance

PostPosted 06.07.2012, 19:29 
Quote by mvmntjulz:
Hey there,
thanks for replying so fast. The modSDK would be just fine as well, since we got 2 licenses of crysis 2 from the department we work for. The only problem is, we think we can't use all the cvars we need in the mod sdk, but we are willing to try again, if you could give us the map and we'd try the whole thing there. :)
Thanks in advance

I have been trying to contact you via PM but for some reason the messages arent sending. Going straight to outbox. which ussually means somethings wrong. I will have to send you a download some other way