View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Has no life Has no lifeMember since: 02.02.2007, 07:25Posts: 5141 Likes: 242

Post Topic: Re: What are you working on?
PostPosted 30.08.2011, 09:54 
Quote by Fortran:
Awesome stuff guys :) Personally working on an WAH-64 apache for a small helicopter sim I am thinking of putting together for CE2/CE3. External model is mostly done, aside from 3p cockpit. 1p cockpit still to model. Currently sitting around 66k tris.

Great. But... Fortran! If you have time, please make Task Force Black! :rolleyes: You've canceled 2 nice projects after pushing forward production. I don't want to say... but prpbably you cancel this again. I'm afraid... :puppy:

My Crytek News Blog - http://bit.ly/aFSbnP
My Massive Crysis Maps Guide - http://bit.ly/f5ifhe
My CryEngine Screens - http://bit.ly/wIDNDJ
My Youtube - http://bit.ly/xIg1l1
My Twitter - http://bit.ly/yZtaoH0

User avatar   Has no life Has no lifeMember since: 27.12.2007, 01:50Posts: 6478Location: Nottingham Likes: 4

PostPosted 30.08.2011, 11:58 
While I appreciate your concern, I still have the same limited amount of time for modding. Certainly and very regretably not enough to cover the production of TFB, which much like CR evolved into something that required an increasingly larger team of people with varying skill sets to complete it. This development, which I might be working on in the small amount of spare time I do have will simply be kept as a personal project, if I have the time to complete it then great, if not, then no loss as I won't really be making information about it widely public nor will I be creating a team. So no need to worry yourself about it. Just because I don't have the time to commit to completing larger modding projects at present doesnt mean I don't still enjoy modding for personal gratification.
User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 27.03.2006, 21:50Posts: 94 Likes: 0

PostPosted 30.08.2011, 20:42 
Some really neat stuff you guys have here. Espacially love the Apache and also the potato sack.^^

So here is what I'm toying around with at the moment,...
A Japanese-style small bridge. Still need to make the LODs and a decent texture/material as it only has quickly made placeholders at the moment. (Also used the Forest level as testing enviroment :P )

And still quite a bit away from completion, my custom M4 rifle.
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 26.11.2007, 02:03Posts: 2839Location: USA Likes: 121

PostPosted 30.08.2011, 21:17 
whats up with the end of your rifle barrel? its all jagged! haha

Other than that its awesome :P
User avatar   Hardcore Modder Hardcore ModderMember since: 05.03.2008, 10:39Posts: 803Location: Germany Likes: 0

PostPosted 31.08.2011, 00:36 
-Sannyasi- , your level design screenshots are looking fantastic. You build really realistic structures but the train rails must have made you crazy. :P
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 27.08.2011, 10:06Posts: 70 Likes: 0

PostPosted 31.08.2011, 02:10 
I'm working on a huge mod which features about 7 levels and a detailed story line. I can't say anything about it but I'm gonna try my hardest to make it enjoyable because it will be the first thing I've ever published concerning the CryEngine.
Problem is I have a really crappy graphics card and it would take weeks to get the money for it.
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 26.11.2007, 02:03Posts: 2839Location: USA Likes: 121

PostPosted 01.09.2011, 04:40 
Wow, thats a heck of a project.. Would like to see a bit of that when your ready :P
User avatar   Trainee TraineeMember since: 30.04.2011, 05:14Posts: 141 Likes: 0

PostPosted 02.09.2011, 03:37 
Quote by themodman101:

I think he's doing that on purpose, I happen to like it and think it fits the other line/shapes well and adds interest. You noticed it didn't ya? :P

...and if you run out of bullets just corkscrew the guy! LOL

raosko.
User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 27.03.2006, 21:50Posts: 94 Likes: 0

PostPosted 02.09.2011, 11:18 
Quote by raosko:
Quote by themodman101:

I think he's doing that on purpose, I happen to like it and think it fits the other line/shapes well and adds interest. You noticed it didn't ya? :P

...and if you run out of bullets just corkscrew the guy! LOL

raosko.

Exactly, corkscrew him! But yeah, it's on purpose. There actually is a real world flash suppresor that looks like that and I'm glad you like it. I haven't decided yet if I can keep this kind of detail though, since this is supposed to be the low poly first person mesh. :D
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 31.07.2011, 22:07Posts: 81 Likes: 1

PostPosted 02.09.2011, 13:11 
@LekRevan nice bridge, hopefully we will see some live colors on it.
User avatar   Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 31.12.2007, 10:49Posts: 352 Likes: 0

PostPosted 02.09.2011, 13:25 
Nice Stuff !
Process on this is going so slow for me, can't seem to get my workflow or poly-flow exactly the way I want :mad:
Don't even think anyone could guess what it's going to be yet :happy:
Attachments:

what_is_it.jpg

PostPosted 02.09.2011, 14:11 
Quote by janpec:
@LekRevan nice bridge, hopefully we will see some live colors on it.

Yeah, I hope so too. Too bad I still suck at texturing. :cheesy:

Quote by MadSquirts:
Nice Stuff !
Process on this is going so slow for me, can't seem to get my workflow or poly-flow exactly the way I want :mad:
Don't even think anyone could guess what it's going to be yet :happy:

I'll make an educated guess: It looks like it's going to be the slide of an HK P30.
In any way good luck with you poly flow, I'm looking forward to see the next stage. :))
User avatar   Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 31.12.2007, 10:49Posts: 352 Likes: 0

PostPosted 03.09.2011, 03:12 
Close enough- HK45 Compact, to be exact :D

Started modeling the lower

~Squirts
Attachments:

hk45c_progress.jpg

PostPosted 03.09.2011, 14:54 
HK45, huh? Nice choice. Lower part is looking good.

I managed to unwrap another model of mine (a Torii gate) this morning and did a quick and dirty texture job. Placed it into the Forest map again to get a better feel of how it fits into an enviroment.

Edit: I just have to show this quick picture where I threw my japanese bridge and torii together. Somehow I think this alone gives the forest demo map a very different, new look. I'm really happy about using CryEngine3 at the moment. Can't wait to get together enough assets for a complete map. :D
User avatar   Trainee TraineeMember since: 19.08.2011, 19:50Posts: 134Location: Switzerland Likes: 0

PostPosted 03.09.2011, 21:31 

an horribly textured sword
:D