Previous topic | Next topic 

Beginner BeginnerMember since: 11.01.2008, 04:18Posts: 42 Likes: 0

Post Topic: RE: shadows looks like ****
PostPosted 02.04.2011, 05:44 
Quote:
Originally posted by KillerSneak
Quote:
Originally posted by brade
The shadow system of this game is seriously messed up. Even with vanilla settings you get lots of instances of shadows just popping in and out of existence where you take one step forward and, poof, some large object suddenly casts a shadow. Take one step back and the shadow disappears. It utterly destroys immersion. I've played with lots of cvars, but nothing seems to fix the problem.

I have no such issues to be honest, could be GFX driver related.

Could be drivers, but I think not. I've tried the latest certified nvidia drivers and the latest beta nvidia drivers, and with both driver sets I get the exact same issue.

Here's a little example of what I'm talking about:

Now I move a little, and, poof, there's a shadow:

And again:

And now I move a little, and, zap, there's a shadow:

Once you're aware of it, it's impossible not to notice it. It happens all over the place. It's extremely distracting and it takes me completely out of the game. I've decided not to play this game any more until things get fixed. Not just the shadows, but the AI. Quite frankly, this is a broken game, and I'm a little miffed that I shelled out $60 for it. I hope you read this, Crytek.

Edit: I know I'm not the only one experiencing this. Here's a thread on the Steam forums describing the exact same issue.

Last edited by brade on 02.04.2011, 05:58, edited 2 times in total.

Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 29.12.2004, 16:20Posts: 414Location: Amersfoort Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 02.04.2011, 10:19 
I really have no such issues.

http://cell-systems.net/cfg-maker/client-cfg-maker/create-crysis2%E2%80%9D-autoexec-cfg/

Try to make your own custom CFG and set everything to [4] or [5] settings and see if your problem is still there then. Also can someone finally tell me how to make in-game screenshots without the use of 3rd party apps.

~AMD Phenom II 965
~MSI GD70 (FX790) MoBo
~4GB DDR3 OCZ Reaper 1600Mhz
~HD5870 Vapor-X 2GB

Cell-Systems.net
-modular system enhancement

Cell-Systems-Interactive.com
-non static interactivity
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 02.04.2011, 11:59Posts: 1 Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 02.04.2011, 12:02 
Been looking at the editing the cfg file and was looking for a way to keep bullet shell casing from disappearing. Saw a few mods in original crysis that did this but not sure if it is possible for Crysis 2. Do you know at all killersneak?
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 11.01.2008, 04:18Posts: 42 Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 02.04.2011, 14:12 
Quote:
Originally posted by KillerSneak
I really have no such issues.

http://cell-systems.net/cfg-maker/client-cfg-maker/create-crysis2%E2%80%9D-autoexec-cfg/

Try to make your own custom CFG and set everything to [4] or [5] settings and see if your problem is still there then. Also can someone finally tell me how to make in-game screenshots without the use of 3rd party apps.

I did that yesterday, and it didn't work. Are you sure you don't have the issue? Have you checked in that level in particular in the same locations? Do you have an ATI or NV card? That level is "The Seat of Power", I think.

Last edited by brade on 02.04.2011, 14:57, edited 1 time in total.
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 26.03.2011, 23:25Posts: 92Location: Berlin Likes: 2

Post Topic:
PostPosted 02.04.2011, 15:31 
Yoooo dude Sneak I get your point. Really. That CFG creator you made, thats golden! :) Pretty much as much information as I was looking for... Thank you!

As far as I know there is no way to make screenshots without using the "print" button and having to alt-tab and paste the image into PAINT or somethin...

FRAPS is the easiest way to do it at the moment, really... You can do it with the free version too, so no hassle there I guess. The tool is small and good to go. Nothing more I can do really... :-/

Have a nice day! :)
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 02.08.2008, 02:12Posts: 1671 Likes: 1

Post Topic:
PostPosted 03.04.2011, 16:21 
can someone upload a cfg with the insane specs from that site please, i'm to lazy to go through it.
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 02.04.2011, 20:52Posts: 1 Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 03.04.2011, 21:52 
Quote:
Originally posted by icomrade
can someone upload a cfg with the insane specs from that site please, i'm to lazy to go through it.

Check this out: http://www.mycrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=19226

Salu2.

Chile 2011.

//////////
User avatar   Database Support Database SupportMember since: 30.09.2008, 02:17Posts: 5482Location: The Land of Sinnamon Likes: 163

Post Topic: RE: Version 0.03
PostPosted 03.04.2011, 22:13 
Quote:
Originally posted by Riko
Quote:
Originally posted by KillerSneakI have the EA download version I need to know how to make screenshots ingame so. Version updated to 0.03 see first post for details.

I took some screens if You don't mind.

Normal in-game max settings

with autoexec_v3

Let the images talk by themselves. But for me it drops the fps really bad xD but I guess is the resolution I'm playing with :P Nevertheless thanks for your work ;D

8o Three-monitor scheme.
  Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 29.12.2004, 16:20Posts: 414Location: Amersfoort Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 04.04.2011, 09:52 
Quote:
Originally posted by icomrade

Lol if you're to lazy to do it then you don't really want it?

It's funny how I see copies of the Crysis 2 Autoexec CFG maker generated Autoexec´s but no-one on the whole internet cares to leave in the cell-systems.net link or even a mention to it. Shame really as I'm not planning on updating it anymore as everybody is copy&pasting without a thanks notice,

~AMD Phenom II 965
~MSI GD70 (FX790) MoBo
~4GB DDR3 OCZ Reaper 1600Mhz
~HD5870 Vapor-X 2GB

Cell-Systems.net
-modular system enhancement

Cell-Systems-Interactive.com
-non static interactivity
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 04.04.2011, 12:37Posts: 1 Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 04.04.2011, 12:50 
Hi all

I really registered to say THNX KillerSneak. Sorry to do it so late, because i have been using your CFGs since V2. I have achieved this thread became to be famous in CRYSIS 2 spanish forums, i have posted it in many webs.

Nice work, i have this thread always open in FireFox, F5 MODE ON, waiting for the next version ;)

THX AGAIN
BYE
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 02.04.2009, 18:43Posts: 44 Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 04.04.2011, 13:02 
nice

Crysis 2 need rename maximum game to maximum profit lol
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 23.02.2011, 22:08Posts: 25Location: Sweden Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 04.04.2011, 13:53 
Thanks alot KillerSneak.
User avatar   Superstar Dolphin Superstar DolphinMember since: 16.08.2004, 10:46Posts: 9879Location: Finland Likes: 185

PostPosted 04.04.2011, 14:11 
Quote:

with autoexec_v3

Let the images talk by themselves. But for me it drops the fps really bad xD but I guess is the resolution I'm playing with :P Nevertheless thanks for your work ;D

Sorry, but I don't really see any difference... Apart from slight darkening of the image, the two pictures look almost identical. I see no improvements that would warrant any FPS drop - I'd rather play the vanilla version, frankly, if it runs smoother. ;)
Quote:
Originally posted by Megagoth1702:
As far as I know there is no way to make screenshots without using the "print" button and having to alt-tab and paste the image into PAINT or somethin...

FRAPS is the easiest way to do it at the moment, really... You can do it with the free version too, so no hassle there I guess. The tool is small and good to go. Nothing more I can do really... :-/

There's a screenshot function in Crysis 2, bound to F12 by default - but it doesn't work. :P You can get it working by adding the game to Steam, and pressing F12 in-game; screenshots are stored in Steam screenshots folder. ;)

Last edited by the_grim on 04.04.2011, 14:31, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 01.02.2008, 03:16Posts: 1285Location: JUNKER HQ Likes: 4

PostPosted 04.04.2011, 14:25 
Quote:
Originally posted by the_grim
Quote:

with autoexec_v3

Sorry, but I don't really see any difference... Apart from slight darkening of the image, the two pictures look almost identical. I see no improvements that would warrant any FPS drop - I'd rather play the vanilla version, frankly, if it runs smoother. ;)

Same here! ;)

I'd drop the buzz word "HD" as well...
It serves no purpose but to lure unknowing people into thinking this is a hi-res texture pack or something.
Nothing about this "mod" justifies a valid use of the "HD" in the title.

Beginner BeginnerMember since: 01.06.2006, 11:57Posts: 1 Likes: 0

PostPosted 04.04.2011, 15:02 
Quote:
Originally posted by Ash712
Quote:
Originally posted by the_grim
Quote:

with autoexec_v3

Same here! ;)

I'd drop the buzz word "HD" as well...
It serves no purpose but to lure unknowing people into thinking this is a hi-res texture pack or something.
Nothing about this "mod" justifies a valid use of the "HD" in the title.

Me too - I'm almost tempted to suggest that the car in the foreground looks better in the standard version as well as the other details that have been pointed out.