Programming & Scripting

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

Beginner BeginnerMember since: 20.07.2011, 20:26Posts: 1 Likes: 0

Post Topic: Perk wording question:
PostPosted 20.07.2011, 20:45 
Hello, a quick question that I hope you PC modders may be able to help me with.

Anywho, what I'm trying to figure out is how the code lists the perk classifications. I.E. Retriever. Specifically how its listed in the multiplayer xml files.

I'll explain myself so it doesn't seem like I'm trying to do anything shady.

Essentially (as you may or may not be aware) there is some massive issues with the 360 version of Crysis 2. Specifically, one of the worst is the fact that if the host of a private match quits while its booting up, everyone loses all their stats. This is frankly game-breaking and inexcusable it hasn't been fixed. However, the last 4 weeks hasn't seen a single post by the mods on the mycrysis forums.

So, I've decided to take matters in to my own hands, to try to help the community. I have been able to extract my profile.xml from my saved game file, and have been studying it carefully to see if there is any way I might be able to patch up the file to avoid the issue from occuring. I think I may have found it. Specifically, the save file has a section for saving multiplayer perk kills, but the only one listed there is Retriever. Unfortunately, what this means is if the glitch happens the only module that stays ranked is Retriever, as the glitch causes essentially the server information to be wiped except for XP (or at least as far as I can determine.)

So my thoughts are that I can add a few lines of code in to my profile.xml for the other perks, such as Air Stomp, Stealth Enhance, etc. etc. Thus, the information would be backed up in to the profile.xml file in case the glitch was to occur. I don't know if it'll work, but its my first line of thought as far as trying to patch this massive hole Crytek has left in the game.

So what I need is the naming they use for the perks in the xml files. It appears like this for retriever:

Code:
  <Attr name="MP/PersistantStats/EIPS_RetrieverPerkKills" value="1703"/>

So what I need to know is what are the names of the rest (like for example I know Stomp is listed as Stamp in SP). Also, I need to know if possible if they are all listed as Kills as well, because some of them don't require kills, but health regens or something, such as the Nano Recharge perk.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!