Programming & Scripting

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 15.09.2011, 16:24Posts: 21 Likes: 0

Post Topic: Changing Default Character Spawn?
PostPosted 20.03.2012, 01:20 
hello.
Been at CryENGINE for about a months and a half now. Still Have got no where X(

I was just wondering what was calling the player to respawn, and really what was handling the GameState in general, is it GameRules? Cos, I can't see anything useful in there.

I want to disable respawn so I can direct the user to an end of race screen.

Also, still wondering whether to make Vehicles as actors or as Vehicles with Camera's attached to them.

User avatar   Has no life Has no lifeMember since: 11.07.2008, 20:25Posts: 11740Location: Nottingham, UK Likes: 89

Post Topic: Re: Changing Default Character Spawn?
PostPosted 20.03.2012, 01:41 
For your first question, yes, the game rules control player spawning.

Out now! CryENGINE Game Programming with C++, C#, and Lua
Ex-Crytek, now with Deep Silver Dambuster Studios
User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 15.09.2011, 16:24Posts: 21 Likes: 0

PostPosted 20.03.2012, 14:40 
Hmm...Cool. I'll have to double check it.

And It would also be very helpful to learn what the iSystem Interface is, what the GameFramework is- i belive this is all the header files in CryCommon?
And What is iGame for? interface for what?

And What are the m_ prefixes on some of the pointers, and what the Hell is a 'nan' Check.
also Why to function instances have a call block - ie
GetSomevalue(5,0)
{
// Code Block
}

Don't quite get it.

And Also what is scope initailizers doing outside Classes? ie

class foo
{
Public:
private:
etc:
}

void foo::init
{
do something....
}

also is there a reference to see about al the defined method names, ie "::init" - I belive that is called automatically by a system within cryengine? And ::Release?
Is there a list of these names?

And also, How can function reside in functions? I mean:
Quote:
g_pGame->GetWeaponSystem()->GetTracerManager().Reset();

Surely that's not possible? yet it is.

and also, like a clear definition of the Prefixes. what is meant by the "g_" on "g_pGame"?

Some is to do with C++, I know - I'm still getting use to it.
  Trainee TraineeMember since: 14.11.2007, 14:02Posts: 177 Likes: 2

PostPosted 20.03.2012, 18:37 
"g_" means global, for further reference take a look at the "Hungarian notation standards".
User avatar   Has no life Has no lifeMember since: 11.07.2008, 20:25Posts: 11740Location: Nottingham, UK Likes: 89

PostPosted 20.03.2012, 18:40 
m_ denotes a member variable. A NaN (not a number) check validates a given number to avoid errors.

Functions don't reside in functions. Your example uses the global game pointer (g_ means global btw) to get the weapon system, and then in turn get the tracer manager. The function calls are made on the preceding returned object.

Out now! CryENGINE Game Programming with C++, C#, and Lua
Ex-Crytek, now with Deep Silver Dambuster Studios
User avatar   24/7 Modder 24/7 ModderMember since: 12.04.2007, 16:51Posts: 3272 Likes: 2

PostPosted 20.03.2012, 20:25 
Quote by Jack Hammersmith:
"g_" means global, for further reference take a look at the "Hungarian notation standards".

I thought G meant game.. off topic.. but how come some console options work in MP and others dont.. I heard theres a default "High" setting regardless.. but I have dead AI stay visible and MP looks like the movie "Gamer" Kibbles n Bits!