I have a problem with programming in CryEngine3.
I want to create game depending on data from external source.
I have channel with external data (TCP server/client or File IO /it doesn't matter/).
Assume that, we have 2 types of objects. Sphere and cube.
Goal is to programmaticly create and place 3D object (sphere or cube) in CryEngine level by data from external source.
Data in external source are:
- type of object (sphere or cube)
- ID of object (unique. By this ID will be updated place of new/existing object in level)
- coordination (x,y,z)
1. Where is good place to create reader of external data? How can i create it?
- in my opinion good place to create reader could be "IGameRef CGameStartup::Init(SSystemInitParams &startupParams)". What do you think?
- maybe creating this reader as CryExtension could be good solution http://freesdk.crydev.net/display/SDKDOC4/CryExtension
2. How can I create new instance of 3D object?
- i tried create new object by http://freesdk.crydev.net/display/SDKDO ... tity+Class
. But I don't know how/where (in code) create new instance of my EntityClass.
4. How can I place new Entity in level?
- I tried place entity by my own coordinates as it is implemented in CAnimatedCharacterSample in method UpdateMovement(). But I don't know syntax of placing object on new position. In sample is showed only moving in some direction (it is not useful for me).
- I think that in this method "UpdateMovement()" could be good place for getting Reader extension. My Reader extension could provide new coordinates of this Entity.
5. Does exist some reference guide of CryEngine source codes?
Let me now if you have some answer only for part of my questions.