View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 02.11.2011, 01:48Posts: 504 Likes: 3

Post Topic: Re: cry blend is here.
PostPosted 22.12.2011, 18:40 
^^^^^^^^^^^ :cheesy: what he said :cheesy: ^^^^^^^^^^^^

User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 13.12.2011, 14:05Posts: 1 Likes: 0

PostPosted 22.12.2011, 19:42 
Nice job with this!

I love blender and was extremely disappointed when I found out there wasn't much I could do with it, however what I've been doing is making my blends/mesh in blender and then exporting them to 3ds file because I enjoy the controls and scheme of blender better. Once I've exported to 3ds then imported I can then add materials and textures. In my opinion its a very short process and doesn't take to long to do, however is very inconvenient for anyone who doesn't own both program.

Again great job I enjoy reading your progress each day.

Can't never could
Die or die trying.
User avatar   Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 02.11.2011, 01:48Posts: 504 Likes: 3

PostPosted 23.12.2011, 22:54 
Quote by Aivenn:
Nice job with this!

I love blender and was extremely disappointed when I found out there wasn't much I could do with it, however what I've been doing is making my blends/mesh in blender and then exporting them to 3ds file because I enjoy the controls and scheme of blender better. Once I've exported to 3ds then imported I can then add materials and textures. In my opinion its a very short process and doesn't take to long to do, however is very inconvenient for anyone who doesn't own both program.

Again great job I enjoy reading your progress each day.

:rolleyes: thanks :P

User avatar   Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 01.08.2010, 19:57Posts: 367Location: Germany Likes: 3

PostPosted 25.12.2011, 00:49 
what about physic setup and animations?

would be cool when we can create objects for the full power of the CE3

can i also add it to my installed version of blender? 2.6.1
like a addon

Last edited by hyper.aN# on 25.12.2011, 01:03, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted 25.12.2011, 00:59 
working on joints for breakables right now;
have the udp exportable (able to do deformable) but for breakable you need joint helpers exported also, then i will do animation;(animation will be the 3rd release, udp and joints for breakables will be in the next/upcoming)
sorry for the delay , Christmas and all(3 beautiful children just keep taking up my time :cheesy: )
any way it wont be long.
dont forget ..... i am not doing this just for me;
i want to see what every one can do
not just people with access to the highend stuff.

User avatar   24/7 Modder 24/7 ModderMember since: 16.06.2008, 22:11Posts: 4307Location: Oulu, Finland Likes: 6

PostPosted 25.12.2011, 07:46 
Quote by hyper.aN#:
can i also add it to my installed version of blender? 2.6.1
like a addon

CryBlend is a fork of Blender instead of being a plug-in, thus using it as an add-on feature is not possible.

Zip-line release 2012-04-24 (for CE2 & CE3) · C1 mod project: A mod called Entry
Assets · Blender: Destroyable object tutorial for CryBlend

- currently lost in New Eden -

PostPosted 26.12.2011, 17:26 
OK ,
thought about it over Christmas.
i am going to release the next version within the next couple of days,
haven't worked out the _joint helper tag yet but UDP and deformable meshes work.
so it will give you guys a little more to work with while i am trying to get bound box sizes to export properly.

this release:
udp,
nomerge option,
video tutorial for deformables,
deformable.blend example file,
exe will be called cryblend.exe instead of blender.exe.
tonight or tomorrow night it will be up and waiting for you to get it;
(yes the source code too :cheesy: )
as allways have fun!!!
angjminer.

Post Topic: Well Allrighty Then
PostPosted 28.12.2011, 03:26 
Release Number 2,
patiently awaiting your kind attention,
Description:

Short tutorial for deformable meshes:

Cryblend1.1-b2.6:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/freemycry/files/cryblend1.1-b2.6.zip/download
Deformable mesh example blend file:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/freemycry/files/deformablemeshexample.blend/download

as i say in the vid, i have to go through the docs and see just exactly what does and doesnt work
at this point;for every success ill post a video tut, for the others ill just have to work harder ;)

I know animation and skeletal animation do NOT work right now, still working on helper objects which are key for fp weapons , vehicles, breakable objects..........BUT,
there are a lot of things i havent tried yet, so stay tuned and as allways have fun.

User avatar   24/7 Modder 24/7 ModderMember since: 16.06.2008, 22:11Posts: 4307Location: Oulu, Finland Likes: 6

PostPosted 28.12.2011, 18:02 
Deformation rules  :happy:

Just tried the sample, and with correct material setup it works  :))

Zip-line release 2012-04-24 (for CE2 & CE3) · C1 mod project: A mod called Entry

User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 26.11.2007, 02:49Posts: 1702Location: A Sweet Sweet Orgy of Grass and Vegetation Likes: 0

PostPosted 28.12.2011, 23:29 
Thanks so much for this! I have been literally waiting for years! I have changed to a different game engine but I may want to return to CryEngine with the CryBlend development!

I have one question: Is there going to be support for animations?

Again, thanks a lot!

PostPosted 29.12.2011, 00:18 
@Kay_Eva
animations and helper nodes will be in the next release :cheesy:
i really want this to be a full fledged alternative.
the changes necessary are so deep that making an addon would have taken way
too long, and i know that i didn't want to be left behind so that's why i am releasing each milestone to every one.
there is a little more to the export but it is still blender.
HINT the array modifier works beautifullyHINT :cheesy:

Beginner BeginnerMember since: 15.11.2011, 17:53Posts: 7 Likes: 0

PostPosted 29.12.2011, 00:54 
This is really exciting to me, played with a game engine for about a year and felt really let down by that teams promises. After downloading the Crydev Engine I got excited till I learned that I had to use specific files to import my meshes.
Being able to use this tool to model or export my meshes into a format that the crydev engine can use is a great thing.

Guess I'm saying thanks for the hard work. :cheesy:

PostPosted 29.12.2011, 14:19 
When rotating a mesh in CryBlend, PMCT gives a warning:
Code:
W: 1>  0:00 #417 'side_r_001' node contains off-axis scaling, which is unsupported. Object may appear different in engine.
This appears when rotating a scaled mesh without applying the rotation. Has this some effect on cgf? At least model appears ok in Sandbox, but i'm still experimenting and cannot be sure  :)

PostPosted 29.12.2011, 17:05 
@Talvipakkanen
i have that pop up on me too,
seems to happen most when i duplicate the same object,and non-uniformly scale it.
eg: the porch i have gives me that warning,
but it looks and acts just fine.

Trainee TraineeMember since: 21.11.2007, 23:13Posts: 175 Likes: 11

PostPosted 29.12.2011, 17:15 
@angjminer This is really taking shape! I can't wait for next release! Are you also planing on implementing morphs for face animation? I just saw some stuff made with motion tracking in blender and it looks like there is a lot of potential

http://www.blendernation.com/2011/12/28/blender-face-capture/#utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Blendernation+%28BlenderNation%29
keep up the great work!