View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   24/7 Modder 24/7 ModderMember since: 16.06.2008, 22:11Posts: 4307Location: Oulu, Finland Likes: 7

Post Topic: Re: cry blend is here.
PostPosted 30.12.2011, 21:07 
Wip Zipline with CryBlend  :))

Zip-line release 2012-04-24 (for CE2 & CE3) · C1 mod project: A mod called Entry
Assets · Blender: Destroyable object tutorial for CryBlend

- currently lost in New Eden -

User avatar   Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 02.11.2011, 01:48Posts: 509 Likes: 8

PostPosted 30.12.2011, 21:43 
@Talvipakkanen
awesome, maybe when i get animations and helper nodes worked out you can have the bottom open up and drop what/who ever is inside of it(you know for those times you want to give the gift of a remote det bomb ;) )
sweet though you made my day,
thankyou.

User avatar   Trainee TraineeMember since: 16.08.2011, 11:44Posts: 102 Likes: 0

PostPosted 30.12.2011, 22:32 
I do appreciate this tool, really. I'm learning Blender (I'm poor, and not a pirate nor a student) and the new versions (since 2.6) have an "understandable" GUI (sorry, I don't remember the correct word) with logical menus.

However, I hope that you'll change it to an normal add-on as soon as possible. For the moment you are here, that's great, many many thanks. But a day, you'll leave, because the exporter is finished and has no bug anymore. Your children are growing :cheesy: . Whatever. It would be sad to have an old version of blender and having to use it, when the "real" Blender has many new great and useful features that could be used in CryEngine (for example).

Oh, and if you could add a ".pgm 16-bit save option" available when you export heightmaps for terrains, it would be perfect... :) ( -> link )

Have a happy new year ! :xmas:
User avatar   Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 02.11.2011, 01:48Posts: 509 Likes: 8

Post Topic: cryblend as addon
PostPosted 30.12.2011, 23:59 
@Teto42740
blender at its current state is not capable of doing what we need with a simple addon(<<not trying to be rude)
although many of the thing we require are planed for future release we need them now.
1)
collada it is just enough to say its there , no udp , material is messed up.
2)
more importantly, long id names,
you get 21 char for anything with bf blender_thats all_ at the minimum for a barely recognizable
material name that works, you need 24(cry blend goes to 500???)
3)
although there is a chance for cryblend to stagnate , the source code will allways be around,
and by the time it does the next big thing will be on everyone's plate.
4)
choosing to make a fork rather than an addon means that i dont have to worry about major changes to the python code; eg: 2.49 scripts are useless now.
5)
it made more sense to me to fix the underlying problems rather than try to make a parser that would catch them and guess at what you / i wanted.>>>>
stability, once it is fixed , it is fixed.

blender is still going through many wonderful changes that unfortunately may or may not break an addon. i wish i did , but i dont have the time to take that kind of a gamble.
The ultimate goal is to get your/my ideas materialized and into the game as quickly as possible.
i would still be working on the long id names if i would have went the way of the addon.
so its kind of like cinepaint forking off of gimp(wich by the way handles 16 bit, not sure if it works with windows though)
hopefully this sheds a little light on the matter if not i am allways happy to help/answer questions.
right now there is confusion about the pmct.tcl being cryblend, and if you read the news post(god bless them)it is missleading to that effect.
any way maybe when blender 2.6***has matured enough it will makes sense to do an addon, but right now its does not, atleast to me.
and happy new year to you too. :cheesy:

User avatar   Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 06.06.2010, 22:27Posts: 529Location: Turku, Finland Likes: 2

PostPosted 31.12.2011, 12:57 
Where do I get the "Blender 2.60 Modified for use with Cryengine3 SDK" -version?
User avatar   24/7 Modder 24/7 ModderMember since: 16.06.2008, 22:11Posts: 4307Location: Oulu, Finland Likes: 7

PostPosted 31.12.2011, 13:36 
Quote by JMLfin:
Where do I get the "Blender 2.60 Modified for use with Cryengine3 SDK" -version?

http://sourceforge.net/projects/freemycry/files/ :)

There is also several sample files.

Zip-line release 2012-04-24 (for CE2 & CE3) · C1 mod project: A mod called Entry

Beginner BeginnerMember since: 02.01.2012, 17:10Posts: 2 Likes: 0

PostPosted 02.01.2012, 17:28 
Hi,

Great work @angjminer, I really love it.
I agree with some users that your exporter should switch into a regular Blender addon in the near future, you will get lot of benefitc such as:
- multiplatform (designers would be able to choose their development OS independent of your releases)
- independency of Blender oficial/unofficial releases (designers would easily update their Blender version and install your addon). Remember that Blender 2.x is already stable and the Python API might not change in future versions
- easy to install: it could be installed inside the Blender Addon system (it will also make much more easy to spread your work and make it available to everybody that uses Blender)
- easy to build new releases without caring about new Blender versions (cause your addon would work in any 2.x Blender version)

Apart from the addon opinion, you are doing a remarkable work, I really think the tools Blender+Freemycry+CryEngine3 it's a great FREE pack to create amazing games and visualizations.
Keep it this way and thanks a lot!!
User avatar   Trainee TraineeMember since: 16.08.2011, 11:44Posts: 102 Likes: 0

PostPosted 02.01.2012, 20:27 
Yep, you're right but he explained why he can't and his explanations make sense, unfortunately... ;)
Anyway, again, great job !

PostPosted 02.01.2012, 21:48 
need to come up with a new splash and icon for cryblend without getting anyone angry with me,
logic would dictate cutting the 2 in half and putting said pieces together, but as stated
"without getting anyone angry with me"
this is of course to avoid confusion, the guys at bf did the heavy work, i am just puttin some paint on it. :cheesy:
btw:
cgf, cga ,chr........
choices now working in the secondary collada export step,
still dancing with the helpers,
playing with animations, and going to try a vehicle export soon. :))
have fun guys/gals,
and dont forget to get the updated version!!!
have noticed alot of the 1.0 downloads, not to many1.1
http://sourceforge.net/projects/freemycry/files/cryblend1.1-b2.6.zip/download

PostPosted 02.01.2012, 23:36 
Being able to export animations opens awful lot of possibilities :)) . Oh, and vehicles are nice too  :P

PostPosted 03.01.2012, 02:04 
got a simple hand edited animation to work

:whistle:

User avatar   Has no life Has no lifeMember since: 02.02.2007, 07:25Posts: 5213 Likes: 253

PostPosted 03.01.2012, 04:02 
Fast progress! Better and better. :D

My Crytek News Blog - http://bit.ly/aFSbnP
My Massive Crysis Maps Guide - http://bit.ly/f5ifhe
My CryEngine Screens - http://bit.ly/wIDNDJ
My Youtube - http://bit.ly/xIg1l1
My Twitter - http://bit.ly/yZtaoH0

PostPosted 03.01.2012, 18:59 
ok got the animations cleaned up enough so the rc.exe digests them without complaining
(simple,, no bones yet(hopefully it caries over))
now ive got to get the exporter to do animation clips eg:
<library_animation_clips>
<animation_clip start="3.3333335072e-002" end="2.0000000000e+000" id="updown1-testcube">
<instance_animation url="#Cube_location_X" />
<instance_animation url="#Cube_location_Y" />
<instance_animation url="#Cube_location_Z" />

</animation_clip>
</library_animation_clips>

PostPosted 03.01.2012, 21:47 
ok new goal to add to list,
proper import of existing crytek(3ds/maya/cryblend) collada files,
hit me that something like that would make it easier to
learn from example if there is a topic that i didnt cover.
tried to import the windmill collada and because of the animation(i am guessing)
cryblend crashed, so that will be something else for future release.
:cheesy:

PostPosted 04.01.2012, 02:56 
testing rotation and location in the animation export(still got to get animation clips working, just wanted to make sure i didnt have other problems)
just figure youd like a peek :cheesy: