View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

Beginner BeginnerMember since: 26.07.2012, 06:08Posts: 7 Likes: 0

Post Topic: Recruiting for beginner team!
PostPosted 17.08.2012, 01:50 
About Us:

We are a group of friends looking to expand our knowledge on video game design, and get ahead of the curve for college. We are all very dedicated towards a career in Game design however we have a lot of fun also. We are working on a project together to learn however if it turns out good, and make some money while were at it, all the better. We are looking for people of all skill levels!

Project Details:

Our project has changed back to our original idea with a ton of unique changes, and features! In a nutshell we plan on a first-person sandbox survival horror game. More details can be found on our site Here. We are paying royalties as well.

Requirements:

- Highly motivated
- Able to be serious and lay back
- Very basic knowledge of your job
- Able to work well with other team members
- Like to play games such as Day-Z and League of Legends when not learning/working :cheesy:

Positions Available:

- Sound Designer
- Level Designer
- Programmer
- Concept Artist
- Environment Artist
- Asset Artist
- Character Artist

More Information:

We are all looking to learn, and have a good time. We are not uptight and won't be cutting off limbs if you miss a deadline, which there won't be many of. We are just some lay back friends that are looking for more people to collaborate ideas, and expand our knowledge with. If this sounds like a team you would want to be a part of, please contact me in one of the ways listed below. Thank you for reading, and as always have nice day. :]

Contact Information:

E-Mail: flawless2478@hotmail.com
(preferred)Skype: dtxflawless
PM on this site

Last edited by Bambamboom on 28.08.2012, 09:40, edited 1 time in total.

Beginner BeginnerMember since: 11.05.2012, 02:07Posts: 77 Likes: 0

Post Topic: Re: Recruiting for beginner team!
PostPosted 19.08.2012, 07:33 
ill help i can do level design

PC SPECS
AMD 6 core Fx6200 processor
10Gb ram
Radeon 7570 2Gb graphics card
!.5TB hardrive
integrated Bluetooth
Beats audio system
User avatar   Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 25.08.2011, 10:19Posts: 262Location: Austria Likes: 28

PostPosted 19.08.2012, 11:44 
Real Time Strategy game? You don't know how much time this will take... tough choice!
User avatar   News Posters News PostersMember since: 04.12.2007, 03:23Posts: 11326Location: Hamar, Norway Likes: 642

PostPosted 19.08.2012, 12:01 
As explained above, this is alot of work, hope you guys have previous experience in the RTS field? Will require alot of programming aswell.

You don't seem to have anything to show off yet? Why? Perhaps you should read our requirements :
viewtopic.php?f=316&t=92811

Should atleast have some concepts up and running before recruiting for people. To give them a reason to sign up in the first place?

Beginner BeginnerMember since: 21.01.2012, 04:52Posts: 9 Likes: 0

PostPosted 20.08.2012, 00:05 
I suppose I'm somewhat interested, even though I'm not entirely into RTS games. Please show me some more concepts and I'd love to get involved.

How many people are already on board?

PostPosted 21.08.2012, 03:43 
Hey everyone thanks for the interest, and posts. And as stated above we are all beginners, and it's not the goal of completing a project as much as it is learning how to develop a game. And learning in the process of creating a game. Therefore the difficulty doesn't really concern us as much. And I did read the requirements, and I have nothing to show except perhaps white boards, and pages of notes on the game. That is why we need more people, so we can develop art to post, and gameplay, etc. And everyone that is interested I will be sending a message. I appreciate the concern from everyone, and we have had other ideas however they seemed far more unrealistic then this. They were a standalone Day-Z type of a game, however then we seen The Dead Linger, and Day-z's team itself announce a standalone. Then we had an idea similar to the game Forge on Kickstarter which is near completion. We will take any advice we can get, and are willing to build another game if we find a better idea. Thanks once again for reading.
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 19.09.2009, 09:30Posts: 2601Location: Finland Likes: 170

PostPosted 21.08.2012, 07:51 
Quote by Bambamboom:
Hey everyone thanks for the interest, and posts. And as stated above we are all beginners, and it's not the goal of completing a project as much as it is learning how to develop a game. And learning in the process of creating a game. Therefore the difficulty doesn't really concern us as much. And I did read the requirements, and I have nothing to show except perhaps white boards, and pages of notes on the game. That is why we need more people, so we can develop art to post, and gameplay, etc. And everyone that is interested I will be sending a message. I appreciate the concern from everyone, and we have had other ideas however they seemed far more unrealistic then this. They were a standalone Day-Z type of a game, however then we seen The Dead Linger, and Day-z's team itself announce a standalone. Then we had an idea similar to the game Forge on Kickstarter which is near completion. We will take any advice we can get, and are willing to build another game if we find a better idea. Thanks once again for reading.

Before starting a game project, I suggest you go learn basics of nearly everything the project needs. You can NOT expect to get people join your team unless you show them some convincing stuff.

PostPosted 28.08.2012, 09:44 
Updated the post, we are ready to begin development, we just need the man power. Thanks again for reading. And thanks everyone for the posts. As I have said this is more for educational purposes, and having something to focus our work on. And if the project succeeds monetarily then all the better!
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 17.08.2012, 19:33Posts: 4Location: Greensboro NC. Likes: 0

PostPosted 24.09.2012, 04:15 
Hello. I am also a beginner not to sound design. I am interested in your team.