View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 22.04.2012, 15:00Posts: 481 Likes: 40

Post Topic: Project Crynosaurs - Official Recruitment
PostPosted 06.01.2013, 03:08 

About
Project Crynosaurs is a collaborative game development effort with a single goal. We want to put dinosaurs into CryENGINE 3. Therefore, our main focus right now is on creating a believable prehistoric ecosystem and all the necessary game mechanics to support that. If you have a passion to breathe life into some of the most beautiful dinosaur models ever created for a game, this is your project.

General Information
  • Title: Project Crynosaurs
  • Platform: PC
  • Genre: Sandbox
  • Theme: Survival
  • Camera View: First and Third Person
  • Price: Free
  • Project Started: June 2012

Current Project Status
We just released our first tech demo! It still has it’s fair share of bugs but it'll give you an idea of what we are aiming for. Download link: http://www.crynosaurs.com/tech-demo-v1-0-release

Current Available Positions
We need your help to speed up development. In all the positions available it's assumed that you have time to commit to the project and a crydev & skype account. If you have any previous experience for the desired role that would obviously be a huge plus so forward that along as well. Anyone with skills or interests outside of the positions listed below feel free to apply and we'll consider you for future available positions. Must love dinosaurs. :P

1x C++ Programmer
  • Responsible for helping to extend Game DLL
  • Experienced in C++ and Game Development Math
  • Familiarity with CryENGINE API / Game DLL codebase
  • Lua and ActionScript experience is a plus

1x AI Programmer
  • Responsible for helping to expand dinosaur AI
  • Experienced in creating and modifying custom AI for CryEngine
  • Knowledge of BSTs, Goalops, Goalpipes, TPS Queries and Animation Graphs
  • Familiarity with SmartObject system is a plus.

Contact Info and Media Outlets:
Partners: http://www.moddb.com/games/rtjp
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/projectcrynosaurs
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/crynosaurs

Last edited by faith113 on 10.07.2013, 22:36, edited 10 times in total.

User avatar   Skilled Modder Skilled ModderMember since: 19.04.2009, 01:21Posts: 794Location: Germany Likes: 116

Post Topic: Re: Project Crynosaurs - Official Recruitment
PostPosted 06.01.2013, 03:51 
Please... for the love of everything, change that name!

Each time someone puts a "Cry" in something Crysis or CryEngine related a bunch of newborn kittens die.

Last edited by sunnlok on 06.01.2013, 05:16, edited 1 time in total.
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 24.11.2012, 10:44Posts: 5 Likes: 0

PostPosted 06.01.2013, 05:10 
To... Crynosaurus :P

CryDev Community Skype Channel:
viewtopic.php?f=126&t=102856
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 04.04.2010, 18:17Posts: 1389Location: Canada Eh ! Likes: 20

PostPosted 06.01.2013, 05:51 
Looks great ! Gonna check out the demo !

User avatar   Crytek Staff Member Crytek Staff MemberMember since: 09.01.2008, 01:11Posts: 11142Location: Crytek HQ Likes: 815

PostPosted 06.01.2013, 11:28 
Perfect example of an excellent recruitment post, bumped on Facebook, good luck guys!

No dev/modding PM's please, use the forums! :)
Achievement Unlocked: Wear the Winter avatar all year.
User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 27.01.2012, 01:12Posts: 9Location: Sweden Likes: 0

PostPosted 06.01.2013, 14:25 
Amazing stuff, wish i was as good as you guys to be able to help, but i'm still at the beginner's level :yuck:
User avatar   Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 22.04.2012, 15:00Posts: 481 Likes: 40

PostPosted 06.01.2013, 14:27 
Quote by Cry-Adam:
Perfect example of an excellent recruitment post, bumped on Facebook, good luck guys!

Thanks Cry-Adam, really appreciate it! :D

User avatar   Trainee TraineeMember since: 28.02.2012, 14:09Posts: 104 Likes: 19

PostPosted 06.01.2013, 15:06 
I can’t believe that one modification vision in the primeval times has hit a techdemo-status. I was very surprised that you guys don’t give up and fight the problems. If I remember right, a few team members come from an older German modification.

I know that I write this hundred times in threads like these but note:
If you like to get your project success, release tutorials!!! Persons like me work in business with Maya, I can rig, I can bind, I can animate but I didn’t have an idea how to store the animations inside a CryEngine 3 exportable file. I still have an old video from “dinoman” and understand a couple of handlings around that exports in a *.CHR but many things around, like the hide of the master-rig (With IK and handles), setup animation sequences and selftest in the engine, must be teach, to work effective and independently.

After your tech demo the world can see that you mean the modification serious and I wish you all the best but please think about videotutorials for other members, to rise the influence of appropriate help. And second: Trust other people! Without trust, its fast a dead end.

In the time when I would help the german team, I setup a knowledgebase, talk with many professionals and start an animation tutorial… BUT the team close the work. My started walk cycle of an T-Rex has 90% finished and I didn’t have had more lust to continue the work alone on this theme and I start our own project.

Here is the last rig-setup of an Theropod walkcycle. Step-Size and Joint Angles are finished so far but the 3% hip movement I didn’t setup.
Here is the LINK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAZ27lzwAkI
And the Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/DrakesLegacyCrysis

Definition of the "Roaring Sixties": Mopar Or No Car!

User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 25.05.2012, 19:39Posts: 14Location: Finland Likes: 0

PostPosted 06.01.2013, 16:54 
This looks awesome!

Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 19.09.2012, 15:36Posts: 546Location: Argentina Likes: 104

PostPosted 10.01.2013, 06:04 
I am a fan of dinosaurs! I can help as 3d modeler? please!

Argentina, not a place to live

Federico Paez
User avatar   Skilled Modder Skilled ModderMember since: 25.07.2006, 03:26Posts: 605Location: Florida Likes: 10

PostPosted 10.01.2013, 06:53 
Found a good reference for a T-Rex color palette:

South Florida Crocodile

PostPosted 10.01.2013, 13:49 
Quote by Fede3d:
I am a fan of dinosaurs! I can help as 3d modeler? please!

PM sent.

Quote by Kridian:
Found a good reference for a T-Rex color palette:

Nice! :D This is probably old news now but did guys see that alligator in 3.4.3. Pretty sweet! It's animated and everything.

Beginner BeginnerMember since: 24.10.2012, 20:35Posts: 1 Likes: 0

PostPosted 10.01.2013, 21:21 
Hey guys,

I just wanted to say, that you did an amazing job so far.

I just played the techDemo and the environment is absolutely stunning. thanks for sharing it.
User avatar   Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 25.08.2011, 10:19Posts: 262Location: Austria Likes: 28

PostPosted 13.01.2013, 19:50 
I'm not too impressed of the game concept. Dinosaurs used in way too many mods and games already. Primal Carnage did it pretty good, check them out! And not sure if you're allowed to use Jurassic Park in your title (copyright infringement). I doubt... Good luck though!
  Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 07.12.2012, 00:59Posts: 360 Likes: 1

PostPosted 13.01.2013, 21:40 
This project is sharing their dinosaur assets with the community which is pretty cool. Also, no one said anything about Jurassic Park until you did. I wonder at the reasons for your post. As the leader of a project it's probably a good idea not to take a dump on someone else's project and then say "Good luck though!" at the end haha :D