View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

Beginner BeginnerMember since: 01.08.2011, 23:19Posts: 24 Likes: 0

Post Topic: AI:Alertness
PostPosted 20.10.2011, 12:50 
Hi, I'm struggling to get an LTV to stop following a path. I want the LTV to see the player, stop and unload. This should be a simple case of linking an AI:Alertness node to the cancel port of FollowPathSpeedStance so that when the alert level is raised the LTV stops following the path.

The problem seems to be that other grunts in the area are already alerted when the LTV sequence starts. Because of this it seems to ignore the alertness of the guys in the LTV, therefore they never stop driving.

Im thinking what might work is if I can reset the Alertness just after the LTV sequence has begun then when it raises again the AI will pay attention and stop when they see me (but I dont know how to reset the alertness).

Note: the comm range of all AI in the level is vastly reduced. I did not want them to be alerting each other causing them all to leave their positions and converge on my location.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Beginner BeginnerMember since: 30.09.2010, 22:11Posts: 31 Likes: 0

Post Topic: Re: AI:Alertness
PostPosted 21.10.2011, 03:09 
What could be the most simple way to do it is like this,

(ignore the start disables, interactive entity/used, choose your own way when you wanna start it.)

explanation: if the aialertness is orange it will cancel the follow node and by failing it the ai unloads.

Hope this helps!

PostPosted 23.10.2011, 23:06 
Hi, thx for your comment. This would usually work but not in my level. I think that in a sandbox level the alertness of individual entities is not considered, only the alertness of the enemy as a whole.

I have reduced the comms range of all the entities meaning that when one is alerted the others dont come running. I think this is introducing the bug though so that when the guy comes along in his LTV and the alert level is already in the red, he just seems to ignore it as if he has missed the initial que when the alertness was triggered. I guess I can test my theory by resetting the comms range of the grunts in question. I'm AFK from my dev pc though for a week... will post if I fix this.

User avatar   Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 06.10.2008, 18:38Posts: 289Location: Berlin, Germany Likes: 2

PostPosted 24.10.2011, 02:37 
Use a AI>GroupAlertness node for that task and give all the LTV passengers and the LTV itself the same unique GroupId.

PostPosted 27.10.2011, 00:11 
Hamers, that sounds brilliant, sounds like it'll work! Will try it when I can on the 30th. Thx!

PostPosted 30.10.2011, 11:51 
Problem Solved, Thx!